5000 Euro to anyone who can solve my problem

johnyboy88888

Read them and I can't see what the problem is. I have a problem and I'm willing to pay someone to help me solve the problem.

What is the issue with that exactly ?

I just have a blank screen and wish to be able to receive the pictures. As I said before, the signals are not encrypted but I cannot decode them. So anyone willing to help me please PM me.

I just have a blank screen and wish to be able to receive the pictures. As I said before, the signals are not encrypted but I cannot decode them. So anyone willing to help me please PM me.

Now that you've read the rules, why don't you restate the problem in forum-friendly terms?

Otherwise I have the feeling that your account is probably due for termination.

Edited by musukebba

The original post was in forum friendly terms as far as I was concerned.

I can pick up most of the channels I want but there are a few which are encrypted using RAS that I know I wont be able to see. However, there are a some others that produce a strong signal, are unencrypted, yet the screen is black and there is no audio. I know others can see these signals and I am willing to pay what it takes for me to be able to too. I suspect it is something to do with the decoder. I know the signals are 422 and my Elecard nornally handles the decoding of these without a problem but these seem to pass it by. Someone I know has mentioned something about 'tunneling' where signals are wrapped up with another one. Could this be the issue ? I dont know and just dont know enough about satellite transmission technology. Anyway, I am willing to buy the expertise. Anyone who thinks they can help pleas PM me.

What's wrong with that ?

Guest Lars_MQ

OK, instead of being so cryptic which rouses a lot of suspiction that it's something illegal, maybe you should simply state a.) which receptionsource and b. which frequency, so that the people here can tell you excactly what to do with the DVBViewer to be able to receive the programs or tell you it's not possible (like DVB-S2).

Someone I know has mentioned something about 'tunneling' where signals are wrapped up with another one.

Never heard of it. I know that there are IP streams - video and audio data wrapped in communication protocols (like internet content). AFAIK used for DVB-H (DVB for mobile hand held receivers). Something like that?

However, there are a some others that produce a strong signal, are unencrypted, yet the screen is black and there is no audio. I know others can see these signals..

Why don't you just post the satellite position and transponder/channel parameters?

Anyway, I am willing to buy the expertise. Anyone who thinks they can help pleas PM me.

What's wrong with that ?

What's wrong is that you want to pay someone and do everything by PM rather than discuss it amongst the community. We're not here as a commercial venture, but to share problems and learn something in the process. Several experienced people appear to be offering you help for free.

I'm surprised you haven't yet grasped the principles and spirit of forum modus operandi from your time here, particularly as a 'senior member'.

I've been out all day hence the delayed response. I've asked about my blank screen before and not got a reply that helped and that is why I have offered the money.

I can't post the frequencies because they change every day and that's part of the frustrating thing. All of the channels are on 20W and all are SIS feeds. But the frequencies vary every day. Some are encrypted, some are FTA, some are 420 and some are 422 (and a mixture of all). I quite understand that the RAS encrypted ones are out of the question but when I get a strong, unencrypted signal its frustrating not being able to decode the stream and I assume it must be something to do with me not having the right decoder. Well, thats my assumption of course. What could be helpful is to co-ordinate with someone one day so I can do a scan and tell them which frequencies that day are giving me a problem and then they could look at them for me to see what could be going on. I can't think of another way unless someone has got a suggestion regarding decoding, or anything else they think it could be. At the moment I decode most of the streams using Elecard-Moonlight with DVBViewer. Any suggestions would be gratefully received and as I've said before, I have no problem paying someone to look into it for me. And I see nothing wrong or irregular with this at all. Be as suspicious as you want but it seems like a pretty straightforward request to me.

Well, you've chosen a difficult satellite. This bird is in a strongly inclined orbit at the end of it's life time. I don't have a 2-axis mount, so I will have to wait..

What you could do, is to use the tools that are provided by the DVBViewer. With the new videorecorder plugin you can run a pid-scan. The tool will do some guessing and will come up with video and audio elementary streams, if there are any. No chance though if private data streams are transmitted. Also you can be wrong footed when using transedit. To be sure that the TS is not scrambled, the scrambling flag in the TS_header has to be examined. TSReader is a very good tool, that will show you whether a stream is scrambled or not.

With the new videorecorder plugin you can run a pid-scan.

Not yet released. Around christmas or new year...

Be as suspicious as you want but it seems like a pretty straightforward request to me.

Requests like this are normal in this forum (and other forums), without offering such an exorbitant amount of money. Why didn't you try it first in the normal way? Are you an oil sheik who doesn't care how much he pays for what he wants?

Your approach gives a weird impression, cause it's too extreme. Somehow off balance...

Thanks for the responses Derrick and Griga. I don't quite know what your problem is Griga but to me 5000 Euro isn't a huge sum and reflects my desire to get this thing sorted. I did ask on previous posts about this problem but didn't get any satisfactory results. I think you should put your mind to solving the problem instead of the nonexistant financial issue.

Yes, I can ftp a large file to my webspace with no problem. I've just installed TSReader but the opening window asks me to 'select the input source'. There is nothing there that I recognise. Which input do you suggest I use ?

Thanks for your help guys, btw. I really do appreciate this as its been frustrating for me for the past few weeks.

Derrick, should I try to record the signal even though I can't see it ? What d'you think that will tell me ?

should I try to record the signal

Just getting a signal is not enough. DVBViewer must receive the transport stream of a digital transmission. You must know the PIDs of the data packets, if you want to record them (I hope you do... usually you get them by scanning the transponder).

If you know the PIDs, use the Videorecorder Plugin to record the packets as TS.

What d'you think that will tell me ?

Maybe it will tell us something. I can examine it with a hex editor, and we have some tools for analyzing the content.

..but when I get a strong, unencrypted signal ..

How do you know that there are strong signals? Does transedit or the DVBViewer find a programme name?

I've just installed TSReader but the opening window asks me to 'select the input source'. There is nothing there that I recognise. Which input do you suggest I use ?

Do you have a SS2? For this card you have to select B2C2s.dll. If you have ts-recordings you can analyse them with File.dll.

Thanks for all the info. This stuff is more complicated than I first thought :)(

I shall take a look today to see if there are any signals that I can't see. I had a hunt around and saw the B2C2.dll in the DVBViewer folder so thought it may be that.

I know its a strong signal because when Transedit goes through its list of transponders to scan, the signal produces a 'green' task bar icon and its name appears in the list of channels. I then send all to the DVBViewer and its only at that time, when I try to view the signal that I find I cant see anything but black (or s still frame of the last channel viewed). I shall try to record the channel and use TSReader too to see what happens. As I said, I know there must be an answer because I know others are seeing the channel, although I don't know who they are.

Thanks. Yes, there is one and I've sent you a PM. I shall also try to record signal and see what TSReader has to say about it :))

Although DVBViewer appeared to be recoding the signal, when I look at the mpg file in the Capture folder its only 1KB in size so I assume the recording didn't work correctly.

Using TSReader it looks as though it may actually be encrypted as it says in a left window, under CAT PID 0x001, CA Descriptor - RAS.

So it may be RAS encrypted although the 'encrypted' icon doesnt appear in DVBViewer and it doesnt come up as a red signal in TransEdit :)(

case solved :)

..as I suspected, the streams are scrambled. You can't blame the DVBViewer or transedit because the encryption of the service is not indicated in the PMT or other tables. The entry in the CAT has nothing to do with it. TSReader (and dvb2000) check the scrambling flag in the ts_header and will indicate the service as encrypted.

Program Number: 1 9MHz, PAL, 1 Audio
Descriptor: System Clock Descriptor
External Clock Reference: 1 Clock Accuracy Integer: 10 Exponent: 6

Stream Type: 0x02 MPEG-2 Video PID 308 (0x0134)
Descriptor: Data Stream Alignment Descriptor
Alignment type: video access unit

Stream Type: 0x04 MPEG-2 Audio PID 256 (0x0100)
Descriptor: ISO639 Language Descriptor
Language: eng
Audio type: undefined

Stream Type: 0x04 MPEG-2 Audio PID 257 (0x0101)
Descriptor: ISO639 Language Descriptor
Language: eng
Audio type: undefined

Conditional Access Table
CAT Version Number: 2
Descriptor: CA Descriptor
CA System ID: 3072 (0x0c00) NTL (RAS)
CA PID 192 (0x00c0)

Network Information Table
Network Name: NDS - DSNG Codec
Network ID: 65535 (0xffff)
Transport Stream ID: 1 (0x0001)
Original Network ID: 65535 (0xffff)
DVB-S Orbital Position: 19.2E
Frequency: 11.400 GHz
Modulation: QPSK
Polarity: Horizontal
Symbol Rate: 4224 MSps
FEC: 7/8
Current Network: True

Service Description Table
SDT Channel 1
Service Name: 9MHz, PAL, 1 Audio
Provider Name: DMV
Transport Stream ID: 1 (0x0001) 19.2E 11.400 H 4224 7/8 QPSK

Original Network ID: 65535 (0xffff)

Thanks Derrick. Shame about that. And I take it there's nothing I can do about RAS encryption.

I really appreciate your efforts. Thanks again.

Although DVBViewer appeared to be recoding the signal, when I look at the mpg file in the Capture folder its only 1KB in size

Never record unknown stuff as MPG. Always TS, as already recommended above, since MPG usually requires MPEG2 encoded video/audio, but it may be H.264 video or AAC audio as well.

and it doesnt come up as a red signal in TransEdit

..I've overlooked this remark. It seems, that you are also a victim of the 2MHz_bug :)

When you tuned to 11127H, the tuner locked on the carrier with the next lower frequency and that service was not scrambled. I do my tests with on a nokia 9600s with dvb2000. After finding the carriers, I check with transedit or tsreader. Alas, the new driver versions (e.g. 4.3.2) have a bug. You have to tune 1-2 MHz above the carrier frequency. It took me a couple of tries to get the red colour (have a good look at the carrier frequency of the tsreader picture :) ) :)

ps.

no pms about these questions please! (and no bragging about money)