Audio Recorder + Network usage impossible?

radiorekorder

I want to record radio in mp3 "around the clock" with only a few minutes interruption the day. A first PC (PC1) does only record.

At a second PC (PC2), I want to load the recorded data using a network. This works fine with the normal "Aufnahme"/*.mp2, but not when using the "Audiorekorder-Plugin"/*.mp3.

When I use the "Audiorekorder-Plugin"/mp3 and I try to move an already recorded file to PC2 while a new recording runs, this new recording is stopped.

I hope this is a bug, not a feature. Any idea how to solve it? Thank you!

support.zip

info.txt

When I use the "Audiorekorder-Plugin"/mp3 and I try to move an already recorded file to PC2 while a new recording runs, this new recording is stopped.

Describe the issue more detailed. How does it stop? In a regular way? Does the button's caption change from Stop to Start? Or does the plugin just stop to write without any display change? Or does it crash?

Describe the issue more detailed. How does it stop? In a regular way? Does the button's caption change from Stop to Start? Or does the plugin just stop to write without any display change? Or does it crash?

The plugin just stops to write. The DVBViewer does not react any more, I hear no music, the Taskmanager shows "Keine Rückmeldung".

well you could be more specific. Does it also happen if you copy something else via network while recording?

Yes, it also happens when I transfer other large files (from other directories) between the two PCs (From the recording PC to the other PC).

I tested it with 150 MByte files - this causes a crash of the DVBViewer.

The crash only happens when using the Audiorecorder-Plugin (MP3), not when recording via the normal "Aufnahme" mode (MP2).

Do you need more information?

The crash only happens when using the Audiorecorder-Plugin (MP3),

Does it also happen if you use another format (ogg or wav)? Do you use highest MP3 quality?

I used a low MP3 quality (56 kBit/s). I will try to use another format later.

During recording, the CPU load was about 30% - this should not be the limiting factor.

Hard to pinpoint... the ARPlugins has no connection to network activities (at least the code I've written hasn't).

Maybe due to unbuffered writing to disk plus heavy disk usage by the network transfer? Usually buffering it is not necessary for audio files (Windows caches the data anyway, if you haven't disabled it). Is DVBViewer running with high priority?