cmd line support?

antdude

Hi!

Does DVBViewer (T.E.) support command line in Windows XP Pro. SP2? It would be nice if I could add/modify/remove scheduled recordings, check my recording status, restart DVBViewer, etc.

Thank you in advance. :(

It would be nice if I could add/modify/remove scheduled recordings, check my recording status, restart DVBViewer, etc.

DVBViewer TE doesn't provide such commandline parameters. Things like that require some scripting and the COM interface of DVBViewer Pro.

It would be nice if I could add/modify/remove scheduled recordings, check my recording status, restart DVBViewer, etc.

DVBViewer TE doesn't provide such commandline parameters. Things like that require some scripting and the COM interface of DVBViewer Pro.

Can you tell me what Pro can do and how easy it is to use command line? I am still considering of buying Pro. I am not a developer/programmer myself. I can handle simple scripts though.

If command line not possible, are there any remote access features in DVBViewer (TE or Pro)?

Edited by antdude
Can you tell me what Pro can do

Have a look at the manual or the features overview for detailed infiormation. [q

are there any remote access features in DVBViewer (TE or Pro)?

In Pro quite a lot. Via scripting (COM Interface), command line and windows messages.

Umm, I didn't see anything about command lines and remote access in the manual and feature overview list. Can you please kindly point out where in those two locations?

Are there any existing scripts, command line programs, etc. out right now that I can look at? I don't need to view the codes. Just what is out there that I could use if I were to get the Pro version.

Here is something about the -c command

http://www.DVBViewer.com/oliver/Kanalliste.html#Kanalliste7

and the -x command. Applies to DVBViewer GE, but has been added in DVBViewer Pro lately:

http://www.DVBViewer.com/griga/DVBViewer%2...ns.html#Command

Wow. I assume I can do all these via telnet/SSH (third party service like copSSH).

Does the Pro have all of these command parameters now?

I see a manual record. Is there a way to do scheduled ones? For example, DVBViewer.exe -x123 1/5/2006 20:00 22:00.

Edited by antdude
Is there a way to do scheduled ones?

Not by command line. But I'm quite sure that it can be done by scripting. That's something Lars or one of the VBScript freaks have to answer...

Is there a way to do scheduled ones?

Not by command line. But I'm quite sure that it can be done by scripting. That's something Lars or one of the VBScript freaks have to answer...

Ah, where do they hang out? Is there a forum for these scriptings and command line tricks?

Yes. Go to the Scripting Lounge section of this board (see COM Interface link above), tell the guys who meet there exactly what you want to do and ask them if and how it can be done.