Terratec Cinergy 1200 dvb-c - 0% signal

vaiski

So I have the above mentioned card, DVBViewer 3.2.6 (full version) and I've installed BDA drivers. Scan finds channels without problems (in Oulu, Finland) but signal strength is 0%.

This is weird because with terratec's drivers and app I got signal strength of 80% and channels showed up nice.

What I might be doing wrong?

but signal strength is 0%.

BDA signal strength values are not reliable. Can you watch channels? Did you select the card under Options -> DirectX? Did you select a suitable video decoder there?

All I know about this card is that one of our testers has two (!) Terratec 1200-C cards in his PC and that they work well with DVBViewer GE 1.7.3 and 1.8.1 Beta (a multi-tuner version, that allows to use both cards simultaneously). No (other) feedback concerning DVBViewer Pro up to now...

BDA signal strength values are not reliable. Can you watch channels? Did you select the card under Options -> DirectX? Did you select a suitable video decoder there?

I can see a picture, most of the time.. but its a slideshow basically. I selected the card, and video decoder (InterVideo decoder).

I can see a picture, most of the time.. but its a slideshow basically. I selected the card, and video decoder (InterVideo decoder).

Hello,

I've likely the same problem with the Cinergy 1200C - but for a few channels only.

This problem was posted in the german forum.

So this is my situation:

Two cards installed , the Twinhan MagicBox Pro for DVB-T and the Cinergy 1200C for DVB-C with BDA driver ver. 4.7 (beta).

Starting Cinergy with DVBViewert I'm able to receive and to watch all channels execpt the channels on

transponder 410 MHz (in Germany ARD, arte, etc.)

I use Cyberlink Decoder, but tried some different DirectX configurations, e.g. Intervideo Decoder or others without any success.

I can't watch the mentioned channels because they are always shown as a black screen or like a slide show with a terrible sound.

To find out which component causes the problem, I installed temporarily MediaPortal but the problem was still the same. So it seems the problem will be caused by the driver.

The original software (with proprietary driver) of the Cinergy works well but for me, this software is not very usefull. I miss the wakeup function and some features more. Therefore I'd like to use

DVBViewer Pro for both, the MagicBox Pro and the Cinergy 1200C.

A problem report was sent to Terratec a few days ago, so I'm waiting for a response.

P.S. On my system I've got a lot of discontinues when the problem occurs with the selected channels !

Edited by wrnt
The original software of the Cinergy works well but for me,

With BDA driver?

In DVBViewer GE there is a "Stop stream while tuning" checkbox on the options -> hardware tab. mrs3 reported that it solved similar problems with the 1200-C when launching DVBViewer after hibernate/standby. Does it help in your case?

OK, let's proceed to the next step...

AFAIK there are two drivers for the 1200-C. A tuner driver and a capture driver, right?

mrs3 reported in the German part of the board that his two 1200-C are working fine since he installed a TechnoTrend capture driver (following a hint in the MediaPortal forum - TechnoTrend also uses a Philips chipset). Before that, he couldn't receive a single channel without disturbances.

He downloaded the latest TechnoTrend BDA driver and performed a capture driver update in the Windows device manager (not the tuner, that won't work).

I hope it helps - good luck!

• 1 year later...

Could someone please tell me which Terratec and Technotrend driver packages I should use? I can't get the latest ones to work together, DVBV tells me "no hardware found".

I have the same problem as the original poster, lots of discontinuities and a choppy video on most channels (using the latest drivers found on Terratec's site). On some rare channels the signal strength stays at 100% and the video plays smoothly.