Problems with Terratec Cinergy DT 2400i

villadsen

Hi,

I have a Terratec Cinergy DT 2400i dual tuner DVB-T card and I am having some problems getting the dual Tuner function to work.

I have installed 2 instances of DVBViewer GE as described somewhere else in the Forum. When I start tuner1 I get picture and sound ok. When I start tuner2 everything works as it should and I get picture from both tuners and sound from tuner2. If I switch back to tuner1 then I still have picture from both tuners, but no sound at all. The same thing happens if I close tuner2 completely, then I still have picture from tuner1, but the sound from tuner1 does not come back on, instead I have to close tuner1 down and restart it again.

What I am doing wrong? What file or data, if any, do you need from me in order to analyze the problem.

My System:

HFX Media with

MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum.

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice

Terratec Cinergy DT2400i DVB-T

Technisat Skystar 2

D-Link W-LAN

iMon VFD

2 GB RAM

Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition

What do you mean by "switch back to tuner 1"? How do you switch? Did you read the audio management description?

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?s...indpost&p=75975

You can also try DVBViewer GE 1.8.1 beta from the Members Area, Beta Section. It is able to use two tuners in one instance. You don't have to select a specific tuner for each instance anymore. E.g. if you start recording and switch over to a different transponder, the second tuner will be used for it automatically.

If you want to listen to a specific GE instance, simply click the main window with the middle mouse button.

This is excately what I did. Anyway, I will try and test the 1.8 version tonight.

Strange... here it works. Have you tried to increase the volume with the mouse wheel? The audio change is performed by using the mute function, so it should be possible to influence it manually.

Another possibility: If the selected audio renderer (Options -> DirectShow) has "WaveOut" in its name, the volume of an instance affects the other one.

I actually got it to work too. Somehow my mouse was not configured correctly. Would be nice if it could automatically un-mute the active window.

I actually also tested the new 1.8.1 version and although it is a nice feature that it should be able to switch automatically between DVB-S and DVB-T it did not function correctly on my pc. When I started Tuner1 and then started a recording and then changed channel, Tuner2 did not create a picture - only sound. The same thing happend if I started Tuner1 and then switched channel from a DVB-T Channel to a DVB-S channel. SS2 did not create a picture and the sound was garbled. In one instance I even got a blue screen.

When I started Tuner1 and then started a recording and then changed channel, Tuner2 did not create a picture - only sound.

Maybe a DirectShow problem. Could you please attach your zipped Setup.ini? The one from the 1.8.1 installation - was it pure 1.8.1? Or files from 1.7.3 involved?

However, it's the first case where it doesn't work. I have a SkyStar2 and a Cinergy T2 - no issues up to now (except self made bugs :arrow: ). During christmas time DVBViewer GE 1.8 performed up to three recordings simultaneously, one from DVB-T, two from DVB-S with the VRPlugin. Worked like a charme.

In one instance I even got a blue screen.

Due to a driver crash. An application cannot cause a BSOD under WinXP.

Here is the setup.ini.

I believe that I overwrote all 1.7 files when I unpacked the 1.8 files so it should be a clean 1.8.

Regards

Due to a driver crash. An application cannot cause a BSOD under WinXP
I use Windows 2003 EE :)

Setup.zip

A change in your DirectShow Settings may let it work better.

Lately I experienced some trouble here with the Elecard video decoder. Do you have another one that you can try? Cyberlink from PowerDVD6 Trial is quite good.

If you use the MS MPEG Audio Decoder better tick that "Automatic Audio Format Detection" checkbox. Otherwise it can't cope with mono/stereo changes (sounds like Mickey Mouse then).

I'd use the free AC3 Filter, that also decodes normal audio pretty well. If you use it, untick the "Use AC3 Filter for PCM" checkbox on its property page (see View -> Filters) in order to prevent him from coming in as audio postprocessor - may cause trouble in certain cases.

That did it. Griga you are the man.

Just a couple of questions regarding how to use the 1.8.1 version.

I watch a program on tuner1. Then I pause that program and switch channel (and tuner). When I am done watching Tuner2, how do I close tuner2 and switch back to Tuner1, un-pause and continue watching the program I had paused.

Isthere a way to see which of the tuners I am currently watching?

Thanks.

Then I pause that program

I don't know exactly what you mean... pause doesn't influence the usage of tuners.

If there are two tuners of the same type - let's say DVB-T - it is supposed to be transparent for the user how and when they are used. Nothing he must take care of.

If we look inside, the strategy is like this: Let's say, you launch DVBViewer GE and watch TV. It uses tuner 1. If you switch over to another channel, it will still use tuner 1. Now you start recording. Everything with tuner 1.

But now, if you switch over to a channel on a different transponder, it requires a second tuner, because recording must go on with the data stream of the previous transponder. So playback will use tuner 2, while the recorder is still busy with tuner 1.

If recording stops, tuner 1 is released, while playback goes on with tuner 2. It won't change the tuner unless it is forced to.

If you start scanning, the scanner first looks for a free tuner. So it will take tuner 1 (formerly released by the recorder), while playback is going on with tuner 2. However, if both tuners are occupied, the scanner will grab the one that is used by playback and interrupt it to do its job.

That gives you a rough overview, as far it concerns one running instance - believe me, things are really complicated inside. With Settings -> Options -> Hardware -> Status you can influence the behaviour and tell DVBViewer GE 1.8.1 not to use a certain tuner, or to use it preferably.

I think he means timeshift pause.

Excately - for me pause is the same as recording except that no "stop recording" time has been defined. So to reiterate my question. How do I, in my case described above, get back to tuner 1 in order to give the "stop recording" command to tuner1?