Playing back .ts files...

antdude

Since I use time shifting feature in DVBViewer TechniSat Edition v4.3.2, I have to kill the program OR copy the .ts file in timeshift folder/directory to keep it. The reason for this is because the file gets deleted if I stop time shifting and I want to keep the time shifting recording. I don't see a way to keep my time shifting either.

I can play TS this file back in DVBViewer, but fast forwarding to skip parts seems to start from the beginning. Rewind doesn't work either. Why is that? I also tried other players (WinDVD 6, PowerDVD 5, Media Player v6.4 and 9.0, VideoLan Client v0.8.4a, etc.) and they all don't play. One did play -- Media Player Classic v6.4.8.7, but it was in slow motion (not using Moonlight-Elecard MPEG2 Demultiplexer and Sonic Cinemaster DS Video Decoder?). How can I play these TS files smoothly?

If anyone wants to analyze a 16 MB TS file (zipped), I uploaded it to http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php?f=3f0...cc279594481aa21 ... I basically copied the .ts file during time shifting recording before I stopped it (file gets deleted when stopped).

Any ideas why these are happening? Will getting the Pro version be the answer to these issues?

Thank you in advance. :)

Edited by antdude
Since I use time shifting feature in DVBViewer TechniSat Edition v4.3.2, I have to kill the program OR copy the .ts file in timeshift folder/directory to keep it. The reason for this is because the file gets deleted if I stop time shifting and I want to keep the time shifting recording.  I don't see a way to keep my time shifting either.

Well, Pro does have an option to keep the timeshift file, as the manual says. Haven't tried it though.

Since I use time shifting feature in DVBViewer TechniSat Edition v4.3.2, I have to kill the program OR copy the .ts file in timeshift folder/directory to keep it. The reason for this is because the file gets deleted if I stop time shifting and I want to keep the time shifting recording.  I don't see a way to keep my time shifting either.

Well, Pro does have an option to keep the timeshift file, as the manual says. Haven't tried it though.

Does it keep it as MPEG-2 or TS? If it is TS, then why the heck can't I play TS files correctly or am I missing something?

Hmm, it seems like .ts files are different from than .mpg even though they're both MPEG-2?

Windows Media Player Classic did give me information about the MPEG-2 file:

ts_auto_file

Video: MPEG2 Video 1280x720 59.94fps 80000Kbps [Video]

Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz 6ch 384Kbps [Audio]

Subtitle: DVD Subpicture [subtitle]

VLC's log said:

main debug: creating new input thread

main debug: waiting for thread completion

main warning: drive letter I: found in source

main debug: `I:\videos\recorded\Lost and Invasion.ts' gives access `' demux `' path `I:\videos\recorded\Lost and Invasion.ts'

main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='I:\videos\recorded\Lost and Invasion.ts'

main debug: looking for access_demux module: 1 candidate

main debug: thread 4120 (input) created at priority 1 (src/input/input.c:230)

main debug: creating access '' path='I:\videos\recorded\Lost and Invasion.ts'

main debug: looking for access2 module: 5 candidates

vcd debug: trying .cue file: I:\videos\recorded\Lost and Invasion.cue

access_file debug: opening file `I:\videos\recorded\Lost and Invasion.ts'

main debug: using access2 module "access_file"

main debug: pre buffering

main debug: received first data for our buffer

main debug: prebuffering done 1408981 bytes in 0s - 194125 kbytes/s

main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='I:\videos\recorded\Lost and Invasion.ts'

main debug: looking for demux2 module: 40 candidates

main debug: using demux2 module "ts"

main debug: looking for a subtitle file in I:\videos\recorded\

ts debug: DEMUX_SET_GROUP 0 00000000

main debug: `I:\videos\recorded\Lost and Invasion.ts' successfully opened

ts debug: pid[20] unknown

ts debug: PATCallBack called

ts debug: new PAT ts_id=295 version=2 current_next=1

ts debug: * number=1 pid=16

ts debug: * number=2 pid=32

ts debug: * number=3 pid=48

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x4e(78) ext=0x2f63(12131)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x53(83) ext=0x127(295)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x51(81) ext=0x127(295)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x4e(78) ext=0x127(295)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x5c(92) ext=0x127(295)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x5a(90) ext=0x127(295)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x5d(93) ext=0x127(295)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x55(85) ext=0x127(295)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x57(87) ext=0x127(295)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x54(84) ext=0x127(295)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x59(89) ext=0x127(295)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x42(66) ext=0x127(295)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x56(86) ext=0x127(295)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x58(88) ext=0x127(295)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x5b(91) ext=0x127(295)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x5f(95) ext=0x127(295)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x50(80) ext=0x127(295)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x5e(94) ext=0x127(295)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x52(82) ext=0x127(295)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x4e(78) ext=0x3030(12336)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x5d(93) ext=0x3030(12336)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x5c(92) ext=0x3030(12336)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x42(66) ext=0x3030(12336)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x52(82) ext=0x3030(12336)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x5b(91) ext=0x3030(12336)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x58(88) ext=0x3030(12336)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x50(80) ext=0x3030(12336)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x56(86) ext=0x3030(12336)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x54(84) ext=0x3030(12336)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x59(89) ext=0x3030(12336)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x53(83) ext=0x3030(12336)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x57(87) ext=0x3030(12336)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x51(81) ext=0x3030(12336)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x5a(90) ext=0x3030(12336)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x55(85) ext=0x3030(12336)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x5e(94) ext=0x3030(12336)

ts debug: PSINewTableCallBack: table 0x5f(95) ext=0x3030(12336)

No problems if I play non-TS files recordings (.mpg).

Is copying .ts file or killing DVBViewer.exe, during timeshift recording to keep this file, a bad idea?

Is copying .ts file or killing DVBViewer.exe, during timeshift recording to keep this file, a bad idea?

Killing it with the task manager is a bad idea, since it leaves the driver in an uncalculable state (streams still open, but receiver gone), wich may cause all kinds of issues, even after rebooting the PC. In this case, only resetting the card in the device manager by deactivationg and re-activating it will help.

DVBViewer Pro contains much more facilities for TS handling. And that's not all... you additionaly get DVBViewer GE, a Videorecorder Plugin and TSPlayer, that provide special features. All that without paying extra.

However, it depends on what you want to record and play. Things that cannot be received here in Germany may be not supported so well.

Killing it with the task manager is a bad idea, since it leaves the driver in an uncalculable state (streams still open, but receiver gone), wich may cause all kinds of issues, even after rebooting the PC. In this case, only resetting the card in the device manager by deactivationg and re-activating it will help.

DVBViewer Pro contains much more facilities for TS handling. And that's not all... you additionaly get DVBViewer GE, a Videorecorder Plugin and TSPlayer, that provide special features. All that without paying extra.

However, it depends on what you want to record and play. Things that cannot be received here in Germany may not be supported so well.

If you want to learn more about TS, read here.

However, it depends on what you want to record and play. Things that cannot be received here in Germany may not be supported so well.

Basically, I just want to be able to save my time shifting recordings to watch later.

It sounds like there is no way to keep it properly in Technisat Edition, am I correct?

I am still waiting for the closed captions/subtitles before getting the full version. ^_^

"The TimeShift Button launches the TSPlayer and lets it play an ongoing MPG/TS recording. The DVBViewer's video/audio playback is switched off while the TSPlayer is running (without affecting the recording, of course).

Please note: Timeshift is only available if

the file TSPlayer.exe is present in the DVBViewer folder or in DVBViewer\Plugins.

the output format is MPG, M2P or TS"

Where is this? I don't see it in my v4.3.2 installation. ^_^

Edited by antdude