Video öffnen als Endless-Loop (Desktop-TV)

Technofriend

Ich lasse gerne Videos oder TV als Desktop-TV laufen (statt eines Hintergrundbildes).

Schön wäre es dafür wenn man eine Playlist öffnen könnte (.pls oder .m3u oder sowas).

Es würde mir aber auch vollkommen reichen, wenn man nur ein einzelnes Video als Endless-Loop abspielen kann.

(Aquarium-/Kamin-Effekt)

Wäre echt cool, wenn dieses Feature in eine der nächsten Versionen integrieren liesse.

Danke schonmal im Vorraus. :o)

ENGLISH:

I like playing Videos or TV as Desktop-TV (instead of a desktop-picture).

It would be nice if one could open a playlist (such as .pls or .m3u or something like that).

But I would already be happy if I could open a single video in an endless Loop-Mode.

Would be real nice if something like this could be implemented into one of the next versions.

Thnax in advance. :o)

it should be possible to do that with a VBScript. :rolleyes:

But I have no idea (yet) how! :)

It could however be based on Griga's VBS example regarding the Timer function.

Open DVBViewer together with the Video you want to watch. Then send the right keystrokes ("D") to switch to Desktop TV and then restart it when the video is played completely.

Cheers from Ireland,

Matthy

Sorry - I have to cancel that: :)

You cannot control Video playback in DVBViewer with the keyboard - especially not when it is in Desktop mode. :rolleyes:

I think there is a solution with command line parameters. The DVBViewer may be launched like this

"c:\Program Files\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe" "c:\AnyPath\MyVideo.mpg"

It even should work when the DVBViewer is already active or in desktop mode - the prog will stop whatever it is doing and start to play the video specified in the command line.

So it can be done by a little batch file or VBScript - I haven't tested it yet, but it should work, because from version 1.98R17 on the DVBViewer processes command line parameters in this way.

Griga

It works - I just tried it.

The only disadvantage is that it restarts the diesplay, i.e. the Desktop flashes briefly when the "next Video" is loaded.

So what you have to do now is to create a VBScript and perform the following steps:

1. Launch DVBViewer with the required Video (e.g. "c:\Program Files\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe" "c:\AnyPath\MyVideo.mpg")

2. Send "D" vie SendKeys Function to trigger the Desktop mode

3. Start an endless loop

4. Add a wait command with the same duration as the Video length

5. Launch DVBViewer with the same Video again

6. Goto Step 3

I will try it myself now.

Matthy

Ähmm....

Naja, soviel Arbeit wollt ich mir dann eigentlich doch nicht machen ***kopfeinzieh* **

Ausserdem ist bei mir der VBScripting-Host uas Sicherheitsgründen deinstalliert ***paranoiahab***

Wenn sich das nicht als Häkchen zum anklicken in DVBViewer integrieren lässt, werd ich mich wohl auf de Suche nach einem VideoPlayer machen, der DesktopView und Loop unterstützt.

Ich hoffe Ihr habt Euch jetzt die ganze Mühe nicht für mich gemacht ..... ***verlegenkuck***

Danke trotzdem. Wenn garnichts anderes geht, bleibt mir ja immernoch diese Scriptvariante. ;O)

Guest hackbart

Hmm, die Umsetzung ist sicherlich kein Problem, allerdings hatte ich damals geplant lediglich nen DVB Player zu basteln. Aber okay, ich lass mir mal was einfallen, ohne zuuu viele unnötige Optionen zu offerieren.

Christian

PS: Übrigens funktioniert auch "DVBViewer.exe DVD" :rolleyes:

Guest DAvenger

Well, in my opinion we should let players play videos and DVB viewers watch DVB :rolleyes:

If you mix too much stuff into one application it will become big mess and you will become unhappy about it. :)

@Technofriend: Yes, you are right - doing it with VBScript is a rough workaround, not a real good solution.

But disabling the Scripting Host for security reasons - yes, I know, that nice "I Love You" virus, did it get ya? - then you should disable the execution of EXE-files too :) , they are much more dangerous! :rolleyes:

Griga

@Griga: :OP

@DAvenger: I agree with You. The most important thing is that DVBViewer stays a rockstable program with a clean gui.

@hackbart: Thanx!

But I don't want to be guilty , when people say " Hey DVBViewer is overloaded with Features.

So maybe You shouldn't implement this despite of my request to do so. Or if You want to implement it in some kind of player later on, it would be ok as well. I can wait. Don't get me wrong: I still want the feature. Only I don't want, that people are angry on me because of a feature overload starting with this "stupid" request...

If DVBViewe's new moduled architecure comes into being (as mentioned by Davenger in another thread), this would be probably more easy to implemet by external modules, so that the actual kernel, DVBViewer really remains constrained to it's very own task.