Diseq for motor SM3D12

srg_1970

Hello,

it's possible in DVBViewer utilized the plugin DiSEqC 1.2 for SkyStar2 v1.9 of Mibi,

for motor control model SM3D12? It's a possible with Progdvb and other.

Do You have another solution for me?It's important.

Thank's

• 4 weeks later...

Sh*** I wannted to Buy the soft but this is too much,

I Does not support Diseqc plugin for motor !!!!!

among other things too sloooooooooooooooooow!!!!!!!!

Switching back to MyTheatre much fassssster and supports motor! :bye:

;):bye::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye:

If you would have used the search of the forum, you would know that there will be no diseq 1.2 support for the skystar 2 cause it can be damaged by it.

This is true in 99% of common cases, but... I'm a lucky owner of a Stab H-H100 diseqc1.2 motor and when I bought it, it came with its own external box and remote control. The external box drives the motor and supplies the correct voltage for the motor without charging in any way the SS2....

So, in this case no risk of damage for the card and no excuse for not supporting Diseqc1.2 in DVBViewer! ;)

What do you think about it, Christian? :bye:

You can check it yourself here:

http://www.stab-italia.com/rotorsat/rotorsat_ms220.html

Edited by Topogigi

Hi,

I suggested DiseqC 1.2 and USALS support several times in the german feature requests section. Sadly, no one of the programmers answered.

Secondly, the twinhan officially support diseqc 1.2 and usals (in their program, too). So the reason to not support it because the skystar 2 doesn't support it isn't given anymore. At the moment, I have to close DVBViewer, start twinhan software, change the motorposition, close twinhan software and restart DVBViewer...

Glad to have someone else with interest in this support :bye:

ps: sorry for my english ^^

Christian

Well if it's needed soo badly why don't any of you start writing a plugin for it? ;)

Simply because the plugin is already out there (for SS2 I mean) and it works just fine. I generally use the .exe part of MiBi's plugin to drive my motor (have to minimize DVBViewer, run the .exe, move the motor and go back to DVBViewer). As far as I know, the .dll part of the MiBi utility (the real plugin) does not work with DVBViewer only for a little problem in the statement passed to the driver when tuning on a different channel.

When you change channel e.g. from ProSieben (Astra) to FoxCrime (Hotbird), a string is passed to the driver (am i right?) and that string does not contain the satellite parameters in the form required by MiBi's plugin.

So, if the parameters passed to the driver would be compatible, MiBi's plugin would work without further modifications.

Any chance to see it working in the future? :bye:

Guest Lars_MQ

well if the plugin uses the the DVBViewer api it works. If not it won't work, quite simple. :bye:

As I heard today there may be support for 1.2. but only for the next generation of ss2. But that's only a rumor for now, we will see what happens... ;)

As christian stated before somewhere, there will be no support for something that can potentialy damage the card. Even the remote possibility is enough. And I must say I can understand this.

well if the plugin uses the the DVBViewer api it works. If not it won't work, quite simple. ;)

As I heard today there may be support for 1.2. but only for the next generation of ss2. But that's only a rumor for now, we will see what happens... :bye:

As christian stated before somewhere, there will be no support for something that can potentialy damage the card. Even the remote possibility is enough. And I must say I can understand this.

The plugin uses the MD Plugin API as many others plugins do and they generally work in a regular way with DVBViewer. I actually don't know the syntax of a tuning request so I can't understand what's going wrong....

Integrated support would be the best choice, however. Let's wait (and hope) for next generation SS2s (perhaps DVB-S2??)! :bye: