HTTP-Webserver

I am running DVBViewer httpserver with "Webinterface-Template Blue v.1 designed by Benson".

It would be nice if the following features were implemented.

1) Channel Logos in tab-views. Ex. "What's on now?", "What's on today?", "Programs overview" - those lists each display the channel names, why not also display the channel logo.

Maybe introduce a new parameter in the setup section, controlling wether or not channel logos are rendered into the resulting HTML.

2) EPG data Search in each tab-view. Ex. "What's on now?", "What's on today?", "Programs overview". I need to search the EPG. ex. title, start-stop time, program genre, description text etc. etc. Each search would trigger a server roundtrip -- ofcourse.

3) More advanced options like import and export XMLtv buttons.

The export button just makes the user able to save a XML file (save file as).

The import button would update the DVBViewer epg.dat with the newly uploaded XMLTV file, also the HTML should reflect this new xmltv file.

Otherwise it's really nice.

@Benson; would it be ok if I made some improvments to the HTML ? I wont change the layout.

Regards Elo.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gibman

• Lars_MQ

• Benson

• prefrontallobotomy

I am running DVBViewer httpserver with "Webinterface-Template Blue v.1 designed by Benson".

It would be nice if the following features were implemented.

1) Channel Logos in tab-views. Ex. "What's on now?", "What's on today?", "Programs overview" - those lists each display the channel names, why not also display the channel logo.

Maybe introduce a new parameter in the setup section, controlling wether or not channel logos are rendered into the resulting HTML.

2) EPG data Search in each tab-view. Ex. "What's on now?", "What's on today?", "Programs overview". I need to search the EPG. ex. title, start-stop time, program genre, description text etc. etc. Each search would trigger a server roundtrip -- ofcourse.

3) More advanced options like import and export XMLtv buttons.

The export button just makes the user able to save a XML file (save file as).

The import button would update the DVBViewer epg.dat with the newly uploaded XMLTV file, also the HTML should reflect this new xmltv file.

Otherwise it's really nice.

@Benson; would it be ok if I made some improvments to the HTML ? I wont change the layout.

Regards Elo.

Where can I find the Webserver? I'm very interested in controling DVBViewer via Web because i'm often away from computer???

I did some nice javascript improvements that are tested on both

... firefox 1.5

... IE 6.0 Sp2

I have done no changes in the HTML code.

The changes I've made are the following.

1) onmouseover events on tablerow that is currently in focus.

This is on What's on now? & What's on today? & Programs overview.

The selected row/cells are now rendered in blue. Goes great with the zebra stripes currently implemented by Benson.

2) hide/show sections on What's on today? & Programs overview.

When you click on a tableheader, then it is hidden/shown. It's a toggle feature.

@Benson: Maybe you want to integrate those features in your package ?

Changes are in:

... global.js

... prog_summary.html

... epg_list.html

... epg_daylist.html

Benson's orig. web template can be found here:

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?a...pe=post&id=4979

(copy my files over his.)

The webserver can be found here:

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?a...pe=post&id=4507

edit; look for the attachment further down this thread.

regards

Elo

Edited by gibman

@gibman: hey, this is quite cool! nice addon to benson's template!! :(

@All: it is very easy to add any command you want to the remotecontrol like this

<tr> 
   <td class="center"><a class="rcbutton" href="javascript:switch_channel('16388');">AV ON</a></td> 
   <td class="center"><a class="rcbutton" href="javascript:switch_channel('5');">Full</a></td> 
   <td class="center"><a class="rcbutton" href="javascript:switch_channel('16386');">AV OFF</a></td> 
 </tr> 
 <tr> 
   <td class="center"><a class="rcbutton" href="javascript:switch_channel('21001');">DB-U</a></td> 
   <td class="center"><a class="rcbutton" href="javascript:switch_channel('21000');">EPG-U</a></td> 
   <td class="center"><a class="rcbutton" href="javascript:switch_channel('2110');">HTPC</a></td> 
 </tr>

some of these commands (21000) are selfmade ones, some (2110) are these listed in the actions.ini

;)

edit:

i forgot to mention that these changes/adds have to be made to the fb.html in the Template-folder. With some basic knowledge of html everyone could do it...

Edited by admi-ral

this project is more than coooooool !!!!

is it an open source project???

the best improvment would be a that u can see the current channel on website or get a stream url :):huh:;)

Really good work.

Should I concern about security when i make it available through internet?

Where can I find the real thread??

I just did some more improvements to the javascript part.

1) I got an error when trying to assign a new timer event.

on IE i got "The page cannot be displayed"

on firefox i got "'01.02.2006' ist kein gültiges Datum"

It seems like the HTML server doesn't like dates in the dotted format.

I did a change in "timer_new.html" where I replace all "." with "-" thus getting a "correct" date. This should be fixed in the httpserver.exe instead of this workaround, if u ask me.

2) The "remote control" frame placed to the right is now dynamically shown/hidden according to mouse position. Move the mouse to the right and the remote control will appear. Move the mouse away from the frame and it will hide itself. Nice huh ? You can make the remote control stay - just hit the ....yes u guessed it ... stay checkbox.

I have made changes to fb.html.

The remote control hide/show feature was pretty straightforward to code on the IE platform, while firefox gave me lots of headaches. This took me several hours/days to code - but now it is working on both IE as well as FF.

IE is just easier to code to than firefox, the MSDN dhtml documentation is just so much better. IE has all the right events, while FF has a lot fewer. End of rant.

Any more suggestions to the web - javascript part ?

regards Elo.

Edited by gibman

The automatically hidden remote control frame is a nice feature. But the browser compatibility is a problem. The fading frames feature doesn't work under Opera 8 for example. But the other improvements work fine.

The bug you reported in context with new timer events seems to be a localised problem. With your new version I now get a "'03-02-2006' ist kein gültiges Datum"-error. So we need LarsMQ to fix this problem.

Ok.

Regarding opera ? Who uses opera anyways hehe.

I have implemented a browser check

If netscape/firefox/IE is detected then the dynamic remote control feature is on, otherwise it will be rendered static - in Opera's case. I don't intend to use opera so my motivation is rather low.

Yeah it must be a regional problem on the timer page. I have reverted the code back.

If you have the problem and would like to get rid of it, then simply open the "timer_new.html" file

Look for the "function body_onload()", remove the comments.

Ahh, it would be so nice if you could search the EPG huh ?

I really miss this feature, as it is now I use ctrl-f in the browser, quite crude.

edit; updated teletext.html with bensons bugfix.

/Elo

Edited by gibman
Ok.

Regarding opera ? Who uses opera anyways hehe.

Me! ;-)

@Benson:

Thank you very much for your alternative templates, they're awesome (also thanks to gibman for your further additions). But unfortunately with these templates, teletext doesn't work for me any longer. Everything's fine with the original install of HTTPServer, but when using your design, things appear to be broken. All the buttons for page 100, forward and backward work, but when I enter a number and hit return, I get page 100 again and the heading is corrupted, it looks like this:

teletext3df.png

Can anybody reproduce this?

I am using the current HTTPServer with Benson's original web template and DVBViewer 3.2.6.80. Results are the same with Firefox and IE. As I wrote above, the original HTTPServer distribution works fine in this respect.

I guess it's just a minor thing to fix in the HTML code, but I'm too dimwitted to do it myself. ;)

Edited by prefrontallobotomy
@prefrontallobotomy

It seems to be a bug of my template code. Thank you for reporting this. I will fix it as fast as possible.

Fine. :)

Btw, there seems to be another bug with the original template code that came with HTTPServer and is still present in your design. Another person has already reported on this, and I can verify his results:

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?s...1&hl=httpserver

(It's in German but judging from your sig, I am under the impression that you are a native speaker and will understand this report.)

I'm using the original admin/admin login/password combo and the timebuffer settings don't work for me, either, so that doesn't seem to be the reason. They're simply ignored. Would be such a great thing if you could fix that, too. ;)

Here is the teletext bug-fixed version. You only need to replace the file "telext.html" if you already have an intalled version of my template.

The second bug is a HTTPServer.exe-related bug. The webserver writes the new timebuffer settings to global DVBViewer settings, but it doesn't use them for its own new timer. So LarsMQ must fix this thing.

Edited by Benson
The second bug is a HTTPServer.exe-related bug.

Ah, I see.

Anyway, thx for the quick bug fix, works great now!

With one caveat. Just by chance I ran across another thing that seems to be a bit buggy with the current HTTPServer (doesn't seem to be your responsibility again): When a page has subpages, entering the first page number doesn't work. You'll receive a "no data" output because subpage 0 is requested which doesn't exist and there is no automatic check for subpage 1, so you have to click the forward button in order to access the first page. Say, for example, page 555 has some subpages. Entering 555 brings up the "no data" message, and only after clicking the forward button you get the proper display, i.e., the first page of the batch.

Hi!

I'm also have problems with new timer recordings, getting this on IE i got "The page cannot be displayed" or in firefox i got "'01.02.2006' ist kein gültiges Datum" It doesent help changing . to - in timer_new.html as described. Correct date format shold be 2006-02-07 works. Possible to swap so the year is first?

@ lunkan

Please read post #7 and #8. We already analysed this problem. There is no comfortable solution yet, you have to edit timer_new.html manually as described in post #7.

Edited by Benson
@ lunkan

Please read post #7 and #8. We already analysed this problem. There is no comfortable solution yet, you have to edit timer_new.html manually as described in post #7.

Yes, I,ve read this and have done the change in timer_new.html. function works, change date from dd.mm.yyyy to dd-mm-yyyy. This will not work for me, can´t get any new recordings in timer.

If I manually taste in date in this order yyyy-mm-dd I,ve got an recording in timer

Don´t now if this has anything to do whit it but this is the correct date format for Swedish settings in Windows XP is yyyy-mm-dd

Germany has this format in Windows XP dd.mm.yyyy

Have no fear, Gibman is here :radscorpion:

Changes are;

Updated teletext.html with bensons bugfix.

Table header ascending/descending sorting added to

"rec_list.html" and "timer_list.html".

Try and click on a table heading to see the effect in action (w00t)

IMDB links added thorughout all relevant files.

(IMDB doesn't always make sense ofcourse - only for movies.)

If ppl don't like this I will make it an on-off feature instead.

@Lunkan ; added new changes to timer_new.html file.

Open timer_new.html

Look for the 2 variables at top.

// the date format generated by the webserver

var dateFormat_IN = "DD.MM.YYYY"

// the date format used by the textbox and sent back to the server.

var dateFormat_OUT = "DD-MM-YYYY"

Try and change these vars, and remember to uncomment the block of code below

starting withj /* and ending with */.

edit @ 12:15; IMDB html layout changed for the better.

/Elo

Edited by gibman
Have no fear, Gibman is here :)

Very nice idea to add links to the IMDb. Thanks! :bounce:

I think I discovered what seems to be another bug. I have no idea whether this is related to the web interface or the HTTPServer itself. This error was already present in the original HTTPServer package with the original templates, however.

The bottom of the "what's on now" table often looks corrupted. The last entry sometimes (more often than not) appears as the first item in a row of its own, even though the row above isn't yet completed. When this happens, the very last entry also lacks the command buttons for programming, tuning the channel etc.

webinterface5mq.th.jpg webinterface23ef.th.jpg

Great work Gibman, the HTTP server side of this project is seriously useful!

As a UK user the above date format didn't initally work but after a bit of playing around i found that if you set both the In and Out Format to "DD/MM/YYYY" it works.

Too many ways to define a date it would seem!

P.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice work dudes, why not using epg data instead of imdb in default? I found this confusing.. There can always be link for Imdb (icon or sum).

Any ways to start httpserver as minimized?

Edited by tinyzor
Nice work dudes, why not using epg data instead of imdb in default?

What R U talkin' 'bout, dude? :) The webserver in fact DOES show the EPG data it gets from DVBViewer and doesn't poll the IMDb.

I found this confusing.. There can always be link for Imdb (icon or sum).

Well, that's just the case by now. It's nothing more than a tiny little link to the IMDb which Gibman was so nice to add with his revision of Benson's original design.

Any ways to start httpserver as minimized?

I have it running as a service with "desktop interaction" disabled, so it doesn't show up at all.

I'm not using this particular utility, but I guess that can also be achieved with the free srvany command line tool from the Windows 2003 Server Resource Toolkit:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en

http://www.iopus.com/guides/srvany.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q137890/

What I meant was when highlighting program, default function should be link to epg data, not to imdb. Imdb links do no harm, but to be clear they're useless at least here in Finland :)

Disabled desktop interaction? Did you do this by using 3rd party software? I didn't find anything OS built in function myself, so please make it clearer for me ;). I don't find this httpserver so annoying showing up both in down in menus and system tray, that it makes me go and install that resource toolkit ;). It would just be nice have option in program itself.

Nevertheless, this program kicks ---------------.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lars_MQ

There is an update for the Webserver in the Membersarea section beta.

Hier in Deutsch

Changes:

- DVBViewer can be started via the http server.

The http server automatically detects an installed Pro version and launches it with no channel tuned.

- All EPG Views should load and work much faster now.

Highly optimized the whole stuff, it really is faster now :blink:

- Eliminated fixed date formats and replaced them with user dependend dateformats.

For all non german dateformat user hopefully a solution for problems with the dateformat. The server now uses the format set in the windows settings.

- Adjusted the generation of the detailed epg view for the new DVBViewer beta (CR/LF are translated to <br>).

- Now the server uses the html templates made by Benson (thanks, much nicer than the original ones ).

- A helper plugin which enables Webstreaming over the Internet into a http-browser.

- Cleaned up the userinterface.

- fixed the Teletext/Subpages problem.

- fixed the delete recordings problem. Don't use this, there is a bug in the current Pro and Pro beta which may result in data loss! This will be fixed in the next release/beta of the Viewer.

To install the helper streaming plugin extract the contence of the plugins folder into the devbviewer plugins folder. Then register it with register.bat (attention adminrights needed).

The Plugin can only be configured via the web-interface (Stream Config). The options on the right side of this window should left unchanged, unless you now what the options do :huh:.

The plugin streams the actual channel shown in the DVBViewer. To simplify channelselection the remote control on the webpages has now a channellist.

Guest Lars_MQ

Ok sorry for all who downloaded till now, I forgot the language files :blink: simply extract the attached language files into the folder of the DVBViewer webserver.

I updated the download with the additional language files, no need to download it again, if you use the attached files.

Lars

Language.zip

Thanx for the lang. files.

I have problems making streaming work.

on FireFox there is no activeX mediaplayer window at all.

on IE the activeX window is there, but nothing happens - it says buffering.

The channel is running fine on the server.

The plugin DLL has been copied to the plugins folder on the server and regsvr32'ed.

It is all on being tested on my LAN, so router port forwarding should not be the issue .. for now.

/Elo

Edited by gibman

@bdurren ; I tried to no avail. it still says buffering and doing nothing more. same stuff happens on IE. Now I have activeX on FF, kewl. But still no streaming.

@Everyone ; I have released a new version of the benson template working with the new httpserver by Lars.

I have removed the date hacks on the new timer html page - this is not needed anymore, since the bug has been squashed on the server.

It contains all the other features of the previous releases. Zebra stribes on tablerow elements. Table header sorting. IMDB links (they are not currently toggleable).

The remote control is now being shown by default.

You can autohide it by clicking on the "autohide" checkbox.

Or you can simply click somewhere on the grey body. It's a toggle feature.

Click one time on the body and it hides itself. Click again on the body and it reappears. It works better this way than it did before.

If you want to have the RC auto hidden by default, then u have to manually edit the FB.htm page.

Look for;

<input type='checkbox' id='ChkAutohide'>Autohide</input>

Replace with

<input type='checkbox' CHECKED id='ChkAutohide'>Autohide</input>

and vice versa.

EDIT; bug fixed when you click on the channels dropdown on the remote, it would then hide itself. Not good. :mellow:

/Elo.

web_gibman.rar

Edited by gibman
The remote control is now being shown by default.

You can autohide it by clicking on the "autohide" checkbox.

Or you can simply click somewhere on the grey body. It's a toggle feature.

Click one time on the body and it hides itself. Click again on the body and it reappears. It works better this way than it did before.

Very nice, gibman. In fact with this slight modification you addressed what I perceived as a minor drawback of your design in my setup. It looks very nice, yet as I am running some pretty darned old equipment, the systems always had a rather hard time scrolling the remote control panel on and off screen (this refers in particular to Firefox). For me it's much more user-friendly now, thanks. :mellow:

On a minor note, just for the fun of nit-picking :D: I discovered a slight distortion of the remote control layout with Internet Explorer as well as Opera. In Firefox, the "Autohide" text is positioned under the respective checkbox and everything looks cool. In the other browsers I mentioned above, the text ends up right beside the checkbox, resulting in the second and third column of remote control buttons to be aligned next to each other with no separating space in between. Looks like this (screenshots is from Opera, but IE looks exactly the same in this respect):

distorted7qw.jpg

Try my new merged version. I noticed this rendering bug and moved the checkbox to the bottom of the remote control. So there is no column displacing anymore.

Yep, but unfortunately (for me) this results in another problem: just not enough screen estate for me in XGA, so the remote doesn't entirely fit the screen anymore. :mellow:

Any way to mod webserver so that it doesn't require frames and javascript? I'd like to use my phone's browser to schedule recordings but frames+javascript aren't working quite right. Also, sometimes I'd like to use Lynx or Links, too, but frames make navigating the site a pain.

Guest Lars_MQ

The there are only very few java script things that are needed, so it's not easy to kick it completely.

the frames can be kicked, I think, but you have to completely change the hmtlfiles so the menu is everywhere...

• 1 month later...

Has anybody got the streaming to work? i keep getting stuck at buffering, is there anythign i could be missing?

Even if i try from teh same computer that is hosting it just sits there buffering.

using xp media center, windows media 10, DVBViewer latest beta, ie 6

• 3 weeks later...

I sure could use the following features:

1) Channel logos (jpg, gif) on the various web pages. We already have the logos on the server, why not use them through the webserver pages also ?

2) EPG search ? a number of textboxes (name, start, end, channel etc-.) + go button.

I have also trouble making streaming work.

Also having the webserver as a plugin within DVBViewer or even as a system service would be total w00t too.

/Gibman

Edited by gibman
Guest Lars_MQ
Also having the webserver as a plugin within DVBViewer

Where is the use? it would not work like now (starting DVBViewer) the viewer has to run always for the webserver to work.

or even as a system service would be total w00t too.

Yes it would be nice, but it doesn't work this way. A service runs within a systemaccount and there is no telling what happens if you start the viewer with no user logged in and you try to log in and start the viewer...

Cool.

But the TV logos and EPG search would still be cool additions.

I tried to get the webstreaming plugin working - no luck.

If I use filemon.exe (nice utility, google it), I can see that DVBViewer creates this ASF file.

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOKALE~1\Temp\tmpstream.asf (8 kb size)

The client is IE latest both from a internet client and on the LAN.

Also tried opening the URL in mediaplayer

http://xxxx:3335

the ASFStreaming.dll has been regsvr32'ered.

The netstreaming plugin is acitivated (running latest 3.5.0.1 dvbV) and configged correctly like this.

Enabled

unicast

interface:0.0.0.0

max users:3

port:3335

bufercount:100

stream control: all checked

No firewall running anywhere (client-server).

Ports (3335 + 82) opened on router.

TextTV works fine + the rest of the webserver.

I can make VLC player encode the stream from the netstreaming plugin and the transcoding it to something else, then using another vlcplayer on the internet and it works.

but the webpage method is alot prettier. channel change etc.

Its too much of a hassle to use vlc-

my http.ini is:

[General]

Language=dansk

Port=82

IP=192.168.1.2

Startpage=epg_list

ConnectOnStart=1

[WebStreaming]

Active=1

Autoindex=1

DontCompress=0

Multipass=0

Port=3335

MaxUser=10

VideoCodec=NVIDIA Video Decoder

AudioCodec=ffdshow Audio Decoder

VideoProfile=5

AudioProfile=17

I am only accessing my server through remote desktop making overlay impossible.

Is this the problem I wonder?

/Gibman