Logical Channel Numbers

CX23882-19

This is probably another UK thing; I'm not sure if other countries use LCNs but in the UK they're quite important to some people.

We tend to like our DVB-t channels numbers to be numbered the same as their analogue equivalents (so BBC One is on 1, BBC Two is on 2, ITV 1 is on 3, Channel 4 is on 4, Five is on 5 etc.). Most DVB software including DVBViewer just adds them in the order that they're found, or groups them by provider (which does make sense for satellite).

I have no problems using the Channel Editor to create a new channel list but this is probably quite daunting to newbie users who are used to a set top box.

Guest Lars_MQ

I don't think this will be possible.

I like my channellist also in a special sequence, but there is nothing logic about it, it's how I'm used to it. But the feature mind reading of the DVBViewer is not planned until version 50.0 :)

And even in the "old" days you had to sort your channels on the TV-set/VCR or live with the sequence they were scanned :huh:

I can't tell if you are being serious or not. :)

It's not down to personal preference, the numbering comes from the transmitter, no mind reading required.

Guest Lars_MQ

Well to be really honest, there are 5 different ways to sort or presort your channels, (scan by provider or frequency, sort in the channellist, the channeleditor or build your own favourites list) so I don't see a urgent need for this feature...

And this are more ways than most other applications will give you :)

Please, please support LCNs on DVB-T. Even the pretty basic software that came with my card (AverTV USB2.0) has this feature...

More ways isn't always best - sometimes simplicity is what users want. Eg when I perform a scan, if it ordered the channels by LCNs I don't have to use ANY option to re-order them :)

Edited by pissedbob
  • 1 month later...