selective scan

linusalba

Hi, i've seen that progdvb scan channels only on selected transponder. These transponders are written on a text file. I think it should be good if DVBViewer even could scan selected transponder as progdvb, but even and not only ;-)

With actual scan system when i make a scan i find many duplicate channels, this is a little bug.

Bye, and thank you for DVBViewer, Marco

There is a possibility to perform a selective scan with DVBViewer for one or some neighbouring transponders by setting the start and end frequency accordingly.

Mostly I do it like this: If there are new channels (see SatMania), I perform a channel search for only one transponder by entering the transponder frequency as start and end frequency in the channellist window. That's very fast, and I don't get all this unwanted mess.

You are right - an overall scan with a prepared transponder list is faster and perhaps more comfortable. But there is a disadvantage too: New transponders will not be found unless the list is updated. :rolleyes:

Griga

I have another posibility... In TV4PC i scan channels in this way:

For example Thor... step by step..

1. Add new satelite ->Thor

2.Transponder Managment->Search&Scan From 11540 to 11540 (TA3)

After that I dont search another frequencies but i get list of transponders from Thor & intelsat 707 then I close Transponder managment window and 3. open Program Management .. there I get Transponder->All transponders

And Scan.

So no needs for text files with transponders frequencies, and no slow 5Mhz steps with changing frequencies .. Its veri quick searching

(Im not sure, is it SID parsing ?)

Lovec

to Lovec: "...In TV4PC i scan channels ..." but in DVBViewer i can't do the same, it don't get list of transponders, but it's a good idea for tv2pc, thanks :rolleyes:

The channel scanner in DVBViewer needs definitely an update. Using 5 MHz transponders are found more than once duplicating all channel on and. I often get channels fourfold and more. I think the best would by a combined search with chooseable strategies.

1. A full scan - that would find everything (slow scan)

2. NIT parsing - that would find all registered transponders (fast scan)

3. Transponder list based scan - this would update fast (update scan)

--

Crypto

P.S. I know from my own experience that this is not a simple task. That's why I use the EPG.mdb database and let Setup4PC do the scanning. :rolleyes:

Christian is updating the DVBViewer but channels lists it's often the same, isn't it?

I think for more frequent channellist updates Christian needs some help. I'm trying to keep the Astra 19° East part fairly up-to-date, but there are other satellite positions that I can't receive.

If someone has a good and complete channellist, let's say for EutelSat 13° East, he or she may export it as an INI-file and send it to Christian. It then could be uploaded or integrated in the channels.dat.

If you do so, it's important to give the satellite position (rootfolder) a special name - for example by appending a date (EutelSat 13° East 11-02-03), so it doesn't get mixed up with an already existing root folder when it is imported. This is easily done by temporarily renaming the satellite position in your list while exporting it.

If more people would take part in keeping the channellist up-to-date, a whole lot of scanning could be avoided!

CU

Griga

I have made a simple convert program which make .ini files from satcodx files, its works fine .. but satcodx files haven't ECM pids and channels.ini files too :rolleyes:(. Some update function for stored channels will be nice.