Remote Wonder support please

infinity

I've an ATI Remote Wonder Plus (an a RW I, too) and would like to use it with DVBViewer. I see that almost every program has been made supporting the Remote wonder by a simple plugin. Even the old winamp v2 is controlable with Remote Wonder, so why not the DVBViewer?

Would be nice if you could add this little feature!

Well I do use remote wonder with DVBViewer and it is working very good.

Go to this page and download WinLirc plugin: http://remotew.free.fr/plugins.htm. Then you can use it like any other remote supported in DVBViewer.

The alternative is to use this modified version of ati remote software, which you can download from this location: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=146732.

RWkeymaster in combination with plugin RWkeyfactory, and your remote control will simulate keyboard buttons.

Hope this helps,

Sasa

I'm already using RWKeyMaster with KeyFactory! I don't know why, but the remote doesn't make any effect using WinLirc.

The drawback with Keyfactory is: If you assign the Remote wonder keys that match to control DVBViewer, this keys influence all other programs too!

Could you please explain how to use WinLirc?

Well I do use remote wonder with DVBViewer and it is working very good.

Go to this page and download WinLirc plugin: http://remotew.free.fr/plugins.htm. Then you can use it like any other remote supported in DVBViewer.

The alternative is to use this modified version of ati remote software, which you can download from this location: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=146732.

RWkeymaster in combination with plugin RWkeyfactory, and your remote control will simulate keyboard buttons.

Hope this helps,

Sasa

Hi !

I use Uice with gr8 succes - Uice can be downloaded as a trial version.

If u want I can send u my DVBViewer presets - I did a lot of work on it.

I'm using the ATI remote wonder aswell.

I am not using keyboard shortcuts in uice, instead I am using the COM DLL server object directly and the sendmessage / postmessage API.

Many of my ATI remote keys are context dependant, which is also a nice feature.

This is possible through scripting+uice+com DLL

Ex. If I hit OK button while I'm watching some random TV broadcast, then it gives me the mini-ePG.

If I hit OK again then it gives med a complete OSD mode list of all the programs on the tuned channel. Now I am in OSD mode, if I hit OK for the 3rd time I get a OSD select action fired on the selected OSD item. You see, 3 different things, depending on context.

/Elo

bah, i didn't understand anything what you've written! what ist Uice, what's gr8? what's a com dll server!?

Hi !

I use Uice with gr8 succes - Uice can be downloaded as a trial version.

If u want I can send u my DVBViewer presets - I did a lot of work on it.

I'm using the ATI remote wonder aswell.

I am not using keyboard shortcuts in uice, instead I am using the COM DLL server object directly and the sendmessage / postmessage API.

Many of my ATI remote keys are context dependant, which is also a nice feature.

This is possible through scripting+uice+com DLL

Ex. If I hit OK button while I'm watching some random TV broadcast, then it gives me the mini-ePG.

If I hit OK again then it gives med a complete OSD mode list of all the programs on the tuned channel. Now I am in OSD mode, if I hit OK for the 3rd time I get a OSD select action fired on the selected OSD item. You see, 3 different things, depending on context.

/Elo

Ok, here is how you use winlirc plugin:

For usage with winlirc plugin I suggest you use original ATI remote software, if not then disable keyfactory plugin as you may experience problems when running winlirc plugin and keyfactory plugin at the sam time.

Then do the following:

1. First download plugin at this link: http://remotew.free.fr/downloads/winlirc_rw.zip

2. Then follow the steps shown on the picture below:

atiremotekako0jh.jpg

After this you shoud open DVBViewer and in menu select: Settings/Options/Input

Look at submenu called: 'inputplugins' there you should see checked winlirc option.

There is a button called 'Learn' you should click it and after that using your mouse select the option you want to use with your remote. After selecting option, press the button on your remote that you want to associate with that option.

Repeat this process for every option that you want to associate with your remote.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to use keymaster&keyfactory combination my sugestion is to associate your remote with preset keyboard buttons in DVBViewer. Ant then adjust other programs to use the same keyboard preset. For an example I've setup keyfactory to use the keyboard buttons setup in DVBViewer by default. And then, I've setup winamp and bsplayer to use the same keyboard preset. So now I can use: DVBViewer, winamp, bsplayer (and other programs) with the same keyfactory setup.

I'm attaching here the keyfactory setup file that I'm using for controling DVBViewer. Also attached archive contains a few modified pictures used in default OSD skin (so you could know what button to press for selectin red,blue,yellow or green option in OSD menu.)

-----------------

If this doesn't help either, just say so and I will do some more self explanatory screenshots.

Sasa

dvbviewer_atiremote.zip

Edited by sasha
  • 3 weeks later...

well, thanks for the guide!

I'm using the WinLirc plugin now, when I started this thread, it didn't work at all, but now it does, and it's pretty good. The only little drawback is, that I have an Remote Wonder Plus which has some more buttons than die original Remote Wonder --> these buttons don't work.

Edited by infinity