not correct ratio with overlay

Klausing

hi,

since any days i have a little problem. If i switch from one channel to an other channel with an other resolution my pc cant display a full DVBViewer window.

For instance: if i change a channel with resoluton 704x576 to a channel with 480x576 i get not a full window. This problem i have only with fast channel switching. If i disable this option i have no problems.

I use the elecard filter. The XVR Renderer is not realy an alternative. he cant display all ratio. The cyberlink encoder can display everything ok but the the picture qualitiy is not so good and the cpu usage is higher.

I think i have demolish my overlay with all this testings :rolleyes:

Have anyone a hint for me where i can look or how can i reinstall the overlay?

Lol... there's not much ways to 'demolish an overlay' :rolleyes::) ... it is a graphic card feature. Like you should not demolish a 16-bit color depth :P:P

XVR Renderer exposes interface for direct image manipulation. You can set your aspect ratios to any value you wish + you can modify your image stretch and zoom. With combination of those settings you should get the image settings you wish. Perhaps there is not enough options allowed for you in DVBViewer :P

Guest hackbart

maybe, but i suppose i use all necessary interfaces i got from you. Stretching, Aspect Ratio etc. But you are right except 4:3,16:9 and 14:9 i do not support others.

The worst problem is that the broadcasters do not send in a fixed resolution. Switching while watching the same channel is quite annoying, since you could not change the mediatype while a graph is build. I can remember that there seems to be a way (i read this in msdn in combination with streaming servers) but i absolutely do not know how to handle.

@Radscorpion: Do you have any idea?

Christian

As far as I know... there is an information about the output aspect ratio kept inside the MPEG2VideoInfo header. XVR Renderer reads this information to set the proper aspect ratio when first connected. Even if the broadcasted resolution is e.g. 140x800 it does not mean it's ratio is 7:40... it may carry a 16:9 ratio inside. You should query the output pin from the B2C2 source filter for mediatype and check it's format buffer for this information -> you can switch to correct ratio immediately after a channel change.

OK, i think the best is if i make an optical example:

On the first picture you see a tv station with 704x576 and on the second picture you see the viewer after fast channel switching to an other channel with 480x576. After i make a rebuild graph the screen is ok and i see the picture in the full DVBViewer window like the first picture. Both tv stations send with ratio 4:3 only with different resolution.

rtlklein.jpgsat1klein.jpg

The only thing that i dont understand is: why dont work this with fast channelswitching like in the past. My grafikcard is a Nvidea Ti4200 and i have the newest driver installed.

I solved the problem !!! :)

It was an installation of an ATI DVD Decoder. It was not enough to unregister the filter. I had reregistred the filter and maked than an normal uninstall with systemsteuerung/software. Now i can change the channels with fast channel switching with every resolution and it works correctly. :rolleyes:

Guest hackbart

well the problem is not the mediatype information i got. I do not care about the directshow data - since they are a bit too strange :rolleyes:

I retrieve the videoresolution information directly out of the mpeg stream.

The problem presented on the screen is caused by the video decoder, which does not understand switching the resolution, once the graph has been build. This is why i prefer the normal Mediamatics codec and the nice Elecard Filter.

Christian

PS: As you can see on Klausings images: RTL sends on 768x576 and Sat1 480x576. The resulting 288 pixels in the width are filled black...