External Recording Service/Program?

ArcticFox

Im very interested in purchasing DVBViewer, but the only thing thats stopping me buying it over using Windows MCE is the way it handles recording.

I like to record lots of things during the day and night but also like to use my computer while it records silently in the background.

So my question is, Would it be possible for you to create an external recording service/program that just has the TV Recording interface and possibly attatched EPG that doesnt play any audio or video and can be minimised in the background waiting for scheduled recording?

Thanks for reading.

Guest Lars_MQ

Possible yes. Wanted no. But of course if you want a customed programmed software I think christian would agree to programming it for the right (huge) amount of money. :)

Ofcourse you can allways use the scheduler and let it start the viewer when needed with recordings disableav and close after it. a not running program doesn't take any cpu cycles.

Oh and one thing. for sure you don't gain any points if you spam several threads with your request.

I havent spammed several threads, i posted in one, and then thought it was worth posting a new thread.

If you always treat potential customers this way then dont expect anyone to buy it.

If theres no plans for this feature then ill go elsewhere.

There are no plans for that, so go elsewhere, and miss, what is already there.

Would it be possible for you to create an external recording service/program that just has the TV Recording interface and possibly attatched EPG that doesnt play any audio or video and can be minimised in the background waiting for scheduled recording?

Exactly that. Already built in. DVBViewer is able to record without playback and minimized, even several channels simultaneously, from a single transponder with one DVB device, or from different transponders with two or more DVB devices. There is a tool (DVB Task Scheduler) that lets your PC automatically wake up from hibernate/standby and/or launches DVBViewer for scheduled recordings, etc...

That's why there is no need for an external service/program.

There are no plans for that, so go elsewhere, and miss, what is already there.

Would it be possible for you to create an external recording service/program that just has the TV Recording interface and possibly attatched EPG that doesnt play any audio or video and can be minimised in the background waiting for scheduled recording?

Exactly that. Already built in. DVBViewer is able to record without playback and minimized, even several channels simultaneously, from a single transponder with one DVB device, or from different transponders with two or more DVB devices. There is a tool (DVB Task Scheduler) that lets your PC automatically wake up from hibernate/standby and/or launches DVBViewer for scheduled recordings, etc...

That's why there is no need for an external service/program.

You dont understand what im saying, i dont want my pc to wake up automatically, my pc is on 24/7 and i dont want the fullblown DVBViewer program running all the time. I dont want to be running a game and then taskscheduler opens up DVBViewer which screws up whatever im playing/doing.

and i dont want the fullblown DVBViewer program running all the time.

There is DVBViewer GE for all people who don't want/need all the features of DVBViewer Pro. When it is launched automatically for a scheduled recording, it shows up for three seconds, thus notifying me that it's doing the task, and then minimizes itself to the tray, without activating playback (which requires most of the resources). If I don't want to get disturbed by the launching process, I can let it auto-start when I enter my user account.

When recording silently in the background, CPU usage is less then 1%, RAM usage 1.8 MB (without plugins). So what? All I see from it while doing my things are tray balloon tips, telling me "this recording started, that recording stopped". If you call this "fullblown".... well, sorry, we won't provide a command line recording tool without GUI.