Internal cropping

JamPS

Hi, I would like to have a fast cropping feature in DVBViewer, sure I can use ffdshow to do that but it takes up huge amount of cpu.

Could it be done internally? fast?

Because some channels have annoying garbage, usually a couple of lines from the top.

Hi, I would like to have a fast cropping feature in DVBViewer, sure I can use ffdshow to do that but it takes up huge amount of cpu.

Could it be done internally? fast?

Because some channels have annoying garbage, usually a couple of lines from the top.

Hi JamPS

Have you tryied the zoom in DVBViewer? i use it to cut out the Teletext data you often see in the top off the picutre

/aTENEr

• 2 months later...

Ahh, it only works when you have widescreen tv...

so if they send 16:9 picture and you have 4:3 tv, you can't shift the picture up just a few pixel lines... because the black bars on top and bottom.

Ahh, it only works when you have widescreen tv...

so if they send 16:9 picture and you have 4:3 tv, you can't shift the picture up just a few pixel lines... because the black bars on top and bottom.

Hum I don't see why. Zooming is working independently of the format of your tv.

@Infinity What exactly is your issue? I guess you need to be a bit more specific in order to be helped. I'm using the picture position/ zoom and it's working very well. However I'm using DVBViewer in Overlay and I don't know how zoom/position is working with VMR9.

Edited by jf2020
  • 2 months later...
(...)

@Infinity What exactly is your issue? I guess you need to be a bit more specific in order to be helped. I'm using the picture position/ zoom and it's working very well. However I'm using DVBViewer in Overlay and I don't know how zoom/position is working with VMR9.

hmm...some tv-channels have white horizontal stripes at the top and bottom of the picture. These stribes are a bit annoying as they probably aren't visible on tv's because of overscan, but appear on my Display which is a 19" TFT display with an axpect ratio of 5:4. For that reason I cannot get rid of these lines because I have little black bars at top and bottom of my picture to keep a AR of 4:3. So if I would try to zoom out these white stripes, I would get a stretched picture :bye:

Hm... the only solution I know would be an adjustable mask of Bars in Overlay like Dscaler is using it, but here developers don't want to hear such a wish.

DVBViewer GE provides such a function (Settings -> Zoom -> Crop Border), allowing you to specify how many scan lines resp. pixels shall be cropped, separately on the top, bottom, left and right.

This method is not so difficult to implement, so I wonder, why the Pro devs didn't try it up to now. Maybe it causes trouble with the more sophisticated OSD (compared to DVBViewer GE), don't know...

DVBViewer GE provides such a function (Settings -> Zoom -> Crop Border), allowing you to specify how many scan lines resp. pixels shall be cropped, separately on the top, bottom, left and right.

This method is not so difficult to implement, so I wonder, why the Pro devs didn't try it up to now. Maybe it causes trouble with the more sophisticated OSD (compared to DVBViewer GE), don't know...

Hmmm... I don't want to start a new Thread in the german Feature Request section, could you speak to the Pro developers and say them, that this feature is already realized for GE and only waits to be adopted for Pro? I feel like I'm a fool, as I often have such wishes that are already implemented in GE and seem to be pretty good, but the developers decline it for reason that it is not necessary :)

Edited by infinity