Anysee E30 DVB-T USB 2.0 compatibility ?

-pjv-

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, have anyone tryed Anysee E30 Plus DVB-T USB 2.0 (This includes Conax reader) with DVBViewer 3.5?

I can't get this receiver working with DVBViewer version 3.5 .

I use receivers BDA driver but DVBViewer gives me Hardware not found message.

DVBV find Receiver in Options -> Hardware but when i try to scan channels it doesn't find any.

Receivers own program find all needed channels so it should not be the signal problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Thanks for the help. Do you have the Anysee E30 or Anysee E30Plus card?

I have Anysee E30Plus and I use newest BDA driver for this card from Anysee web page.

I can see my anysee BDA card from the hardware settings just like you.

But still can't find any channels and when I turn DVBViewer on it says that "Hardware not found"

• 2 months later...
Hi, Thanks for the help. Do you have the Anysee E30 or Anysee E30Plus card?

I have Anysee E30Plus and I use newest BDA driver for this card from Anysee web page.

I can see my anysee BDA card from the hardware settings just like you.

But still can't find any channels and when I turn DVBViewer on it says that "Hardware not found"

In the settings part, "anysee BDA Digital Tuner" should be in the list of devices. Just set the parameters (tunertype = terrestrial, state = preferred) and it should work fine.

However, the problem remains that encrypted channels cannot be decoded by DVBViewer, because unfortunately the Anysee E30+ card does not decrypt the channel within the device, but only in the host computer via SW.

I wonder is there any plugin etc. to decrypt (ofcourse, if valid Conax card is inserted in the Anysee E30+ device) and display encrypted channels with DVBViewer?

Now, if I want to watch encrypted channels, I have to use the (vastly inferior to DVB Viever in both image quality and usability) Anysee own viewer SW that does the decrypting.

Antti

However, the problem remains that encrypted channels cannot be decoded by DVBViewer, because unfortunately the Anysee E30+ card does not decrypt the channel within the device, but only in the host computer via SW.

I don't know this card but I doubt that descrambling is done in software. The chipset probably has a CSA hardware engine...

..anyway, for a 3rd party appl. like DVBViewer it will be impossible to use this descrambler only with the BDA command set.

I don't know this card but I doubt that descrambling is done in software. The chipset probably has a CSA hardware engine...

..anyway, for a 3rd party appl. like DVBViewer it will be impossible to use this descrambler only with the BDA command set.

Can't really say as I'm no expert in the topic. Anyways, the Anysee E30+ also records the signal from encrypted channels in encrypted format, which also requires that when watching a recording, in addition to having to use the Anysee viewer, the card needs to be inserted in the device... This kind of sucks, especially when one only has one card per subscription from the program provider... Not fun to move the card between set-top-box in the living room and the computer in another room ;-(

There are, of course, these host->slave Conax distribution devices, but in the discussion forums there seems to be mixed experiences on those. Also, with pairing this may anyways become impossible ;-(

Anyways, the whole thing is pretty unfortunately as the image quality with DVBViewer (at least for me) is superior compared to the viewer program provided with the Anysee device.

• 3 months later...

Good news for vista users. As you probably know, anysee devices cant find channels and act jerky in vista with xp-drivers.

I found fully compatible vista drivers lying in manufacturers korean site.

http://www.anysee.co.kr/board/list.php?board_kind=driver

- The driver installer is in english-language

- It's like for K50 but works in E30 too.

- After driver installation. Just got to control panel, device manager and request vista to search the update for the device.

Edited by Demens
  • 2 weeks later...