Disable "Always On Top" in Fulscreen

pankov

As the topic sais:

Is it possible to add an option to disable "Always On Top" when going in fullscreen mode and setting it back to the previous state when back in window mode.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree, not having a reply in 3 years is kinda impolite :(

In my opinion, I can not find a use for such an option when in fullscreen. However, I could have use of an opposite option - ENABLE "always on top" automatically, without need to manually set it, when going full screen.

Because, I have an application which displays some data on the top of my screen (like, clock, CPU rate, etc.) - and it's set to be "always on top" too, but I want it to be gone when DVBViewer goes fullscreen. I can achieve this by setting DVBViewer to be "always on top" so everything other goes hidden -

however, I don't need DVBViewer to be on top of everything when in windowed mode - but only in the fullscreen. So adding a default setting to set DVBViewer fullscreen to be on top of all the rest would be a nice idea for me.

• 9 months later...

do any developers or official support read these at all?

A simple comment would be nice.

As a fellow developer I know it's not easy to provide a quick support but more than three years is equal to "NO SUPPORT".

It's not very hard to make the "Always on top" option dependable on the fullscreen state (two different stored states) - this way everybody can configure the player as he wishes.

I hope I'll get a reply in less than an year this time

:biggrin:

do any developers or official support read these at all?

A simple comment would be nice.

As a fellow developer I know it's not easy to provide a quick support but more than three years is equal to "NO SUPPORT".

It's not very hard to make the "Always on top" option dependable on the fullscreen state (two different stored states) - this way everybody can configure the player as he wishes.

I hope I'll get a reply in less than an year this time

Maybe if giving a little more background information on what/how your suggestion/idea would be useful to everybody could strike more intrest and yield some response from the devolopers. In your original presentation you seem to take for granted everybody knows what you mean by your idea and how it would be useful for them, when we dont even know how it would be useful for you. And one more thing...raving on about not getting any support is certainly not the right way to go if you wanna get any developers attention...several people on this forum has tried that approach and failed misserable...including myself o:)

Edited by majstang

I kind off thought that the request was clear enough but I do agree that it will help if I explain the need for it so here it is:

I usually have DVBViewer running in a Always-ot-top window while I do other things on my computer and I also have other application always-on-top in non overlapping windows for example ICQ/Skype/another video App. Then from time to time I maximize the other app (most of the cases the other media player) and get some sort of PIP - media + live TV. Then if I decide to swap them around - have the TV in fullscreen and the media player in a small window the "Fullscreen always-on-top" of DVBViewer stops me from accomplishing it - I have to manually uncheck the option so the media player can come on top.

So basically this is the reason I need the option to have different settings for "Always on top" in Fullscreen and windowed modes.

I don't need DVBViewer to be on top of everything when in windowed mode - but only in the fullscreen.

This option is there, set it like this:

View: [ ] Always on Top

and:

Settings -> Options -> General -> [X] Full Screen Always On Top

This option is there, set it like this:

View: [ ] Always on Top

and:

Settings -> Options -> General -> [X] Full Screen Always On Top

ye, that will fulfill ml 05019's needs but what about the exact opposite?

Why isn't DVBV respecting the same option "Full Screen Always On Top" when I have the windowed mode set to "Always on top"?

Edited by pankov
So basically this is the reason I need the option to have different settings for "Always on top" in Fullscreen and windowed modes.

Thanks! Now it is much clearer.

This should be accomplishable with a script somehow.

If windowed mode=?

OnTop=0

If fullscreen mode=5

OnTop=1

Im in the process learning how to command DVBV through the COM interface myself so i cant help you any further there. Try to ask around in the Script section of this forum. Hopefully they will help you gladly.

Btw. all actions codes are found in actions.ini in your DVBV folder

Edited by majstang