iMON/Media Lab VFD/LCD Plugin

markymark

Hey it sounds like a great plugin , but

I can´t get the plugin to work, I have copied SG.vdf.dll into the plugin folder and renamed it to vdf.dll and restartet.

But still nothing found, I am a new at this so please i need some help

Anders

Hey it sounds like a great plugin , but

I can´t get the plugin to work, I have copied SG.vdf.dll into the plugin folder and renamed it to vdf.dll and restartet.

But still nothing found, I am a new at this so please i need some help

Anders

Make sure you

a) have supported hardware

:bounce: have properly set the hardware type in the plugin (requires a restart of the plugin)

Usually, there is no need to copy the dll at all. Make sure, you didnt make it worse by copying a WRONG dll.

Make sure you

a) have supported hardware

:bounce: have properly set the hardware type in the plugin (requires a restart of the plugin)

Usually, there is no need to copy the dll at all. Make sure, you didnt make it worse by copying a WRONG dll.

Hey Thanks for the reply.

It works now, but the vfd display is black, nothing is showed , it seems like somthing is not working together.

I am using a antec fusion with a inbuild imon vdf display

imon manager ver. 7.61.0522

Imon firmeware ver. 0xa1

And os is windows xp sp3

any ideas?

Anders

I have installed this plugin also. I am running Imon latest build on Antec Fusion VFD same as above. OS Vista 32 Home Premium. I have black VFD screen and have followed instructions as above.

Otherwise the plugin works.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've been really pleased with this plugin.

But there is one thing that's quite anoying.

When I use the DVBViwer Switch plugin to launch PowerDVD for Blu-rays, the iMon screen shows the date and DVBV version.

This would be ok, if the DVBV version (text: DVBViewer 4.0.0.0) would fit in to the iMon screen. I have the 2x16 VFD with Silverstones chassis.

Where does this DVBV version come from and can it be changed?

I think that it would be ok to change it manually.

• 1 month later...

Markymark this thread seems to have died and I would really appreciate some support with your plugin.

I have read every post from right through to page 11 and there appears to be conflicting information.

Would be possible to amend the first post and give clear cut installation instructions for your plugin.

I am running Version 6.20.1102 (Antec) on Antec Max Fusion V2 with Vista32 OS. The VFD works properly with this software. I have Frontview set to never and 3rd Party Plugins selected. This turns the display off. When the PC is powered down the time is displayed.

I run the Imon.exe and Imonplugin.exe as shortcuts from the startup folder. The shortcuts point to the DVBViewer plugin folder. The current SG_VFD.dll (6.20.1102) is also copied to this folder and renamed as VFD.dll.

Even if I manually start Imon and Imonplugin in either order it does not work. However the plugin does work on the desktop display and does detect the VFD.

Is there something obvious that I am doing wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

So nobody knows anything about this???

Hi all,

I've been really pleased with this plugin.

But there is one thing that's quite anoying.

When I use the DVBViwer Switch plugin to launch PowerDVD for Blu-rays, the iMon screen shows the date and DVBV version.

This would be ok, if the DVBV version (text: DVBViewer 4.0.0.0) would fit in to the iMon screen. I have the 2x16 VFD with Silverstones chassis.

Where does this DVBV version come from and can it be changed?

I think that it would be ok to change it manually.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Thanks for the reply.

It works now, but the vfd display is black, nothing is showed , it seems like somthing is not working together.

I am using a antec fusion with a inbuild imon vdf display

imon manager ver. 7.61.0522

Imon firmeware ver. 0xa1

And os is windows xp sp3

any ideas?

Anders

I have installed this plugin also. I am running Imon latest build on Antec Fusion VFD same as above. OS Vista 32 Home Premium. I have black VFD screen and have followed instructions as above.

Otherwise the plugin works.

Hi.

I have 2 htpc cabinets with imon remote hardware. One Silverston LC16M with vfd, and one Antec Fusion with lcd.

On the cabinet from Silverstone the imonplugin must be startet first, then the imon-software. If I start it in the opposite order the vfd/lcd is black.

On the Antec Fusion cabinet the imon-software must be startet first, then the imonplugin. If I start it in the opposite order the vfd/lcd is black.

For the Antec Fusion cabinet I have created a vbs-script to start the imonplugin with a 15 second delay.

Open notepad and copy and paste these 3 lines. Save the file as a .vbs file in the folder where you have imonplugin. Create a shortcut to the vbs-script in the startup folder.

That works very good for me.

wscript.sleep 15000

set sh = createobject("wscript.shell")

sh.run "imonplugin.exe"

Hope this helps.

Hi.

I have 2 htpc cabinets with imon remote hardware. One Silverston LC16M with vfd, and one Antec Fusion with lcd.

On the cabinet from Silverstone the imonplugin must be startet first, then the imon-software. If I start it in the opposite order the vfd/lcd is black.

On the Antec Fusion cabinet the imon-software must be startet first, then the imonplugin. If I start it in the opposite order the vfd/lcd is black.

For the Antec Fusion cabinet I have created a vbs-script to start the imonplugin with a 15 second delay.

Open notepad and copy and paste these 3 lines. Save the file as a .vbs file in the folder where you have imonplugin. Create a shortcut to the vbs-script in the startup folder.

That works very good for me.

wscript.sleep 15000

set sh = createobject("wscript.shell")

sh.run "imonplugin.exe"

Hope this helps.

Hi

I read that you have a LC16M. I have a LC16MR but have the problem that I can not set "3rd Party Plugins " in Frontview. This causes a display which toggles between imonplugin and imon-software when I use the imon software. As a result of this I deactivated imom software. I already contacted silverstone and the missing 3rd party option seems to be a problem of my vfds firmware! Do you have this option?

Hi

I read that you have a LC16M. I have a LC16MR but have the problem that I can not set "3rd Party Plugins " in Frontview. This causes a display which toggles between imonplugin and imon-software when I use the imon software. As a result of this I deactivated imom software. I already contacted silverstone and the missing 3rd party option seems to be a problem of my vfds firmware! Do you have this option?

Why do you want to enable "3rd party plugins" in options i imon software?

If I enbale "3rd party plugins" the imon remote stop to work, so I have this option disabled.

In frontview options I have set frontview to never start.

Why do you want to enable "3rd party plugins" in options i imon software?

If I enbale "3rd party plugins" the imon remote stop to work, so I have this option disabled.

In frontview options I have set frontview to never start.

As I wrote above I always have the problem that imon pluging/software are both trying to write text to the display. As a result I see plugin text for a moment and then software text for a few seconds. This always toggles. Can you avoid this setting front view to never start?

As I wrote above I always have the problem that imon pluging/software are both trying to write text to the display. As a result I see plugin text for a moment and then software text for a few seconds. This always toggles. Can you avoid this setting front view to never start?

In imon manager you have to set "Run front view when imon starts" to never.

This info is written in the first post from markymark.

This plugin allows using the iMON LCD and iMON VFD displays with DVBViewer.

To use this plugin, just store it anywhere and run the .exe. In the iMON software, FrontView must be set to "never".

Well I tried the the script you gave me Dobbeltseng but still no luck. The only way my VFD works is with Antec's Imon software which looks blocky and jerky and the clock font reminds me of Space 1999. Otherwise nothing, thanks for trying to help me. I give up!

• 1 month later...

IMON plugin and DVBViewer Recording Service

Hi

I know than Recording service works in background but it was possible than IMON plugin be able to display the "REC" icon in the display (LCD/VFD) and the red symbol "REC" of DVBVviewer when a recording start?

When we use the recording service, don´t know if the recording start, we must to see the "Recordings" menu or "Programming" menu.

Anybody agree with me?

Cheers

Edited by defcon5
  • Like 1

This isn't really about the plugin I don't think.

The plugin uses a tag in DVBViewer - when the #recording tag is set (when DVBViewer is recording), the light comes on on the LCD.

But when recording service is recording, DVBViewer doesn't know, so the #recording tag doesn't get set. so the LCD doesn't light up.

We need the DVBViewer to know when the recording service is recording and set the 'recording service accordingly, but I think they have more important things to do right now...

I have the same problem as AdamShaw above.

I'm running Imon ver. 7.20.0502(Thermaltake DH-101 VF7001BNS, Imon FW ver. 0x380208), DVBViewer 4.2.1 and Imon plugin 1.00 on Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit.

DVBViewer is installed in c:\Programs\DVBViewer, Imon plugin is in DVBViewer's plugin directory, and SF_VFD.dll copied as VFD.dll to plugin directory.

Frontview in Imon is set to never, I did not find 3rd party setting.

Imon Plugin works correctly on screen (Imon VFD found), but display on case is turned off.

I tried almost everything (Windows Vista, several Imon versions, all Imon plugin versions).

If anyone can help I'll be really grateful.

This isn't really about the plugin I don't think.

The plugin uses a tag in DVBViewer - when the #recording tag is set (when DVBViewer is recording), the light comes on on the LCD.

But when recording service is recording, DVBViewer doesn't know, so the #recording tag doesn't get set. so the LCD doesn't light up.

We need the DVBViewer to know when the recording service is recording and set the 'recording service accordingly, but I think they have more important things to do right now...

Thats the point: the plugin hooks into DVBViewer and does not know about the service at all. I indeed dont know (and doubt) that the services provides the necessery software interfaces to do so anyway.

I have the same problem as AdamShaw above.

I'm running Imon ver. 7.20.0502(Thermaltake DH-101 VF7001BNS, Imon FW ver. 0x380208), DVBViewer 4.2.1 and Imon plugin 1.00 on Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit.

DVBViewer is installed in c:\Programs\DVBViewer, Imon plugin is in DVBViewer's plugin directory, and SF_VFD.dll copied as VFD.dll to plugin directory.

Frontview in Imon is set to never, I did not find 3rd party setting.

Imon Plugin works correctly on screen (Imon VFD found), but display on case is turned off.

I tried almost everything (Windows Vista, several Imon versions, all Imon plugin versions).

If anyone can help I'll be really grateful.

First, the DH-101 DOES NOT HAVE A VFD. It uses the LCD (!).

So,

- set the display type to LCD (requires restarting the plugin)

- IFF (and I doubt it) there is any reason to update the included .DLLs, you have to name it as LCD.dll !!!!!

Thats the point: the plugin hooks into DVBViewer and does not know about the service at all. I indeed dont know (and doubt) that the services provides the necessery software interfaces to do so anyway.

hi markymark

Excuse me if I didn´t understand you said

Then, isn´t there a solution for detect when a new recording start if you use "Recording Service"?

Thanks

Edited by defcon5
hi markymark

Excuse me if I didn´t understand you said

Then, isn´t there a solution for detect when a new recording start if you use "Recording Service"?

Thanks

It means that I have no idea how to do that.

It means that I have no idea how to do that.

ha ha

Ok

Now, I understand it

May be Recording service´s creator could help you......

I think is important to see in LCD display when DVBViewer is recording program, isn´t it?

Do we forget a possible solution? or we waiting for a little more time

Thanks markymark

It's the same as the 'recording' symbol in DVBViewer. When the DVBViewer is recording, there's a recording symbol appears in the OSD. If the Recording service is recording, that symbol doesn't appear.

If the developers added more communication between DVBViewer and the Recording service so the DVBViewer 'recording' tag was changed when Recording service was recording, then the symbol would appear in the OSD when Recording service was actively recording.

Then it would also appear on the iMon LCD - I doubt Markymark would have to change anything at all in his plugin.

It's the same as the 'recording' symbol in DVBViewer. When the DVBViewer is recording, there's a recording symbol appears in the OSD. If the Recording service is recording, that symbol doesn't appear.

If the developers added more communication between DVBViewer and the Recording service so the DVBViewer 'recording' tag was changed when Recording service was recording, then the symbol would appear in the OSD when Recording service was actively recording.

Then it would also appear on the iMon LCD - I doubt Markymark would have to change anything at all in his plugin.

Hi uglyned

Of course, is same reason, don´t display in OSD and don´t display in imon LCD/VFD

May be reading de xml file called svctimers.xml (timers.xml old versions) where are timer recordings would be possible to know if DVBViewer is recording.

Anything else good idea?

Cheers

I'd like to know if Recording Service and the DVBViewer can communicate, so that the status of the recording service is reflected in the DVBViewer's tags.

Download DVBViewer Spy from the members area to have a look at the DVBViewer tags if you haven't already - it's interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

@markymark:

Could you please fix the behaviour that the plugin could not be closed correctly with a "send message close" or "taskkill /IM imonplugin.exe".

I want to close it on standby and restart it after wakeup. Because if i leave it on all the time sometimes it doesnt work after wakeup.

Currently i kill it with "taskkill /f /im imonplugin.exe". It works but the icon in traybar doesnt dissapear. After some sleep/wakups there

are many imonplugin icons in the traybar.

Please fix this.

You could easily try your changes with "taskkill".

cu

pOpY

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
markymark

Nice work. Thank you very much. It's the only way I can sent information from DVBViewer to Silverstone LC16 VFD display (ver. 0.98 of plugin only)

May russian-speaking users hope for unicode support in future? Problem described there: http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...st&p=266772

Or may be not "unicoded", but compiled with codepage 1251?

Ready to donate :)

Hi, technically this is IMHO only possible for the LCD as the VFD does not support cyrillic letters at all.

For the LCD, I will check when I get back to the stuff, most likely in a few weeks.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...