iMON/Media Lab VFD/LCD Plugin

markymark

Hi.

I have two problems with plug-in work.

The first.

After inclusion of the computer from slep or hibernat mode, LCD does not join.

In what there can be a problem?

And the second.

Cyrilic fonts do not hold in two lines of the display on height.Font size on height of 9 points.

7 points are necessary for a normal conclusion.

How it is possible to change a font size?

Thanks big to the author for a plug-in.

post-72458-1227859320_thumb.jpg post-72458-1227859346_thumb.jpg

--------------------

DVBViewer 3.9.4

iMon 7.40.0806

iMon-Plugin 0.99

Windows Vista Ultimate. Russian edition

Edited by Sosulev
Hi.

The first.

And the second.

Cyrilic fonts do not hold in two lines of the display on height.Font size on height of 9 points.

--------------------

DVBViewer 3.9.4

iMon 7.40.0806

iMon-Plugin 0.99

The standby problem seems to be common (but not at my machine) and related to the fact that the iMON Software re-initializes the display after startup. Some users have resolved this issue by automatically restarting the plugin after stand. see the german thread for details.

Regarding the Charset issue: are latin characters correct?

The standby problem seems to be common (but not at my machine) and related to the fact that the iMON Software re-initializes the display after startup. Some users have resolved this issue by automatically restarting the plugin after stand. see the german thread for details.

Regarding the Charset issue: are latin characters correct?

No, latin characters not correct :)

post-72458-1227884715_thumb.jpg

No, latin characters not correct :)

post-72458-1227884715_thumb.jpg

Okay, that meets my expectations. Apparently, you just dont have the proper font installed. I will check that at home.

Best,

MM

Unfortunately I do not know German at all. I have made experiments with a standby problem. Frontview Software re-initializes the display after standby.After a standby tried to kill process IMONPlugin.exe and then to start again, with the help nncron sheduler. Thus in IMONPlugin customisations of language and screen monitor type are lost. Can describe solution of this problem?

Okay, that meets my expectations. Apparently, you just dont have the proper font installed. I will check that at home.

And with impatience I will wait.

Thanks big

Edited by Sosulev

Best,

MM

Hello markymark.

I have not corrected a conclusion on LCD the message screen in two lines. There can be you will check up a font size in a plug-in.

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunatelly, I have the same issue with the fonts on OSD. Any fix available?

I have understood that the table of fonts is formed in the program. Therefore, to solve a problem it is possible having changed a program code.

Unfortunatelly, I have the same issue with the fonts on OSD. Any fix available?

(sorry for the late response)

I just checked: The "Terminal" font is required by the plugin.

Can you check that the font is available on your system ?

If it is, please check available font sizes!

Hi.

The first.

And the second.

--------------------

DVBViewer 3.9.4

iMon 7.40.0806

iMon-Plugin 0.99

Please check if changing to a different font in the current 1.00 version helps

• 4 weeks later...

hi,

i've followed this thread from page 1 and the plugin still says imon vfd/lcd not found, so i can only assume my vfd is not compatable with the plugin.

i have an antec veris multimedia station elite which comes with idmedian hd and imon 7.16 manager & imon firmware shows as: 0x440201 elite

i have tried imon 6, vista x86 & vista x64, all the hints and tips in this thread and i'm now throughly lost.

the rest of my system specs are as follows:

latest DVBViewer

hauppauge nova-hd-s2

vista ultimate x64

phenom triple core

nvidia 9600gt

4gb ram

gigabyte ga-ma78gm-s2h

3tb raid 0 storage

antec ask 2480

i hope someone can help,

:)

Edited by lankystreak
hi,

i've followed this thread from page 1 and the plugin still says imon vfd/lcd not found, so i can only assume my vfd is not compatable with the plugin.

i have an antec veris multimedia station elite which comes with idmedian hd and imon 7.16 manager & imon firmware shows as: 0x440201 elite

i have tried imon 6, vista x86 & vista x64, all the hints and tips in this thread and i'm now throughly lost.

the rest of my system specs are as follows:

latest DVBViewer

hauppauge nova-hd-s2

vista ultimate x64

phenom triple core

nvidia 9600gt

4gb ram

gigabyte ga-ma78gm-s2h

3tb raid 0 storage

antec ask 2480

i hope someone can help,

:)

I simply dont know what that is :bye:

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for that plugin. I've bought me a yummy lil case with a LCD but when it arrived I recognized that it's nearly not possible to browse my music collection without turning on the TV. Just a few secs before I gave it up and sticked to having a LCD with no sense at all I came across this thread.

The 1.00 plugin worked flawlessly. I just had to fiddle around to make the MCE remote working as I wished.

great :bye:

There was only one little issue. After standby the LCD kept blank. With a shell script I close and restart the plugin after standby and all's good.

Edited by Stramm
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

is there any way to stop the day name from scrolling?

It's shown & scrolling when DVBV is not on and the date name is longer than 10 characters.

In finnish we call wednesday keskiviikko, so it happens only once a week.

But still is really anoying.

Thanks!

-byfly

Tip. If Plugin not found VFD display just copy SG_VFD.dll from Program Files\SOUNDGRAPH\iMON to this plugin directory, delete VFD.dll and rename SG_VFD.dll to VFD.dll

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

is there any way to stop the day name from scrolling?

It's shown & scrolling when DVBV is not on and the date name is longer than 10 characters.

In finnish we call wednesday keskiviikko, so it happens only once a week.

But still is really anoying.

Thanks!

-byfly

Any suggestions anyone??

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Markymark,

Thanks for this - it's a great plugin and really adds something to the whole HTPC experience.

I just have one request which you may be looking at anyway but thought I would ask.

All my recordings are done through the recording service, not DVBViewer. The iMon Plugin doesn't light up the 'rec' light when the recording service is recording. Is there any way you could add a feature that could detect that the recoridng service is recording and light up the display accordingly? It would be handy for me to know when recording service is busy recording and this would be the perfect way!

Thanks again for a great plugin.

Hi Markymark,

Thanks for this - it's a great plugin and really adds something to the whole HTPC experience.

I just have one request which you may be looking at anyway but thought I would ask.

All my recordings are done through the recording service, not DVBViewer. The iMon Plugin doesn't light up the 'rec' light when the recording service is recording. Is there any way you could add a feature that could detect that the recoridng service is recording and light up the display accordingly? It would be handy for me to know when recording service is busy recording and this would be the perfect way!

Thanks again for a great plugin.

Sorry, but I have no idea, how to detect that ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

so I assume that it's not possible to stop the day name from scrolling(?).

What about reading playtime & other info from PowerDVD?

-byfly

1.) Nope

2.) I would like to, but could not find any information about it. It seems that there exists no respective interface.

• 1 month later...
There was only one little issue. After standby the LCD kept blank. With a shell script I close and restart the plugin after standby and all's good.

I have same issue after standby. Could you advice how you did that script?

I've found a better way than in the post ttk81 posted. Now I don't kill and restart the IMon plugin but just send a 'power on' command to the LCD. That avoids multiple instances of the plugins icon in the systray.

@echo off

rem *******************
rem check args
rem *******************

:checkargs

if "%1/" == "func/" goto callfunc
goto main

:_checkargs

rem *******************
rem call functions
rem *******************

:callfunc
shift

rem we could do "goto %1" instead
rem if there is a lot of functions
if "%1/" == "sleep/" goto sleep

goto exit

:_callfunc

rem *******************
rem function sleep
rem *******************

:sleep
shift

choice /c 1 /d 1 /t %1 > nul

goto exit

:_sleep

rem *******************
rem main body
rem *******************

:main
start F:\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe
call %0 func sleep 15
F:\DVBViewerImonPlugin\bin\imon /data /detect 0x8800000000000040

I'm shutting down DVBViewer before standby. Therefore the start command. You can remove it if you do not the same. Of course you'll have to adapt the path.

Thanks Stramm this looks really good I'm going to have a go with it.

I'm guessing you get choice.com from the XP resource kit?

Also the 'imon' exe from DVBViewerImonPlugin\bin - is that from the iMon driver and app installation?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm now having a problem with the plugin itself and don't know how to fix it. I hope someone can help.

The imonPlugin seems to 'block' DVBViewer. At startup I have ImonPlugin and DVBViewer in 'Startup' and if the ImonPlugin starts first, DVBViewer just hangs on a black screen when it starts up. Even if I end task and start again the same thing happens. At this point the LCD screen just scrolls 'DVBViewer Version 4.1.1 with the date and gives no other information.

DVBViewer works fine if I exit the ImonPlugin.

Does anyone know why this happens?

Thanks!

Does anyone know why this happens?

Thanks!

It is important to know that the Plugin must be started first, then iMon-Software and then DVBViewer.

I hope this is also true by using of this Plugin, in my scenario with iMonVFD/LCD-Plugin (german thread) it works perfect.

The tool "StartupDelayer (r2 Studios)" makes it possible to set wait times for all Programms which were started through the autostart.

Edited by Tüftler

Thanks Tuftler.

I tried everything you said but nothing works. I've even tried completely removing the iMon software.

But the simple fact is that if the iMon plugin is running before DVBViewer starts, DVBViewer freezes when it starts and does not respond.

I don't know what else to try.

ImonPlugin is be saved in the Plugin folder and will started via shortcut by autostart.

For correct initialization you must copy the original SG_VFD.dll or SG_LCD.dll from Soundgraph iMon folder in the DVBViewer Plugin folder und rename it in VFD.dll or LCD.dll !

Now restart the system.

Here it works fine.

Edited by Tüftler

Thanks again Tuftler.

Did as you said - the imon exe wasn't living in the Plugins folder so I moved it with the DLLs and language files into the Plugins folder. Also grabbed and renamed the LCD DLL. I think it's worked - been going without a problem for a good few hours now.

Thanks again for your help.