DIVX

newcredo

As you can image, I'm still using ver. 1.8d for recording...! :D)

After recording and muxing, everything is really ok, even sync.

After the compression in DIVX (I use VIDOMI) the audio and video is not more in sync... for sure someone of you has more experience than me in Divx compressing.. can u suggest me something for finding a solution?

Thanx...

Thanx!

I was not able to locate DVX but I found Gordian Knot... very complex software... so complex that I didn't understand how to use ONLY for compressing in Divx... but together with all the package I found DVD2AVI that it's very simple and very useful... it can compress with Divx without problems... only he generates 2 files (1 avi for video + 1 for audio) and I'm not able to find any muxer that can open these files and mux together...! I can't believe that it's so difficoult to compress one video in divx.....:D((

Hey, no problem. Just look for "Nan Dub" or better the "NanDub.exe" because it should be included in the Gordian Knot Software Package. To Mux Video/Audio just do the following:

File

Open Avi

[Choose your Avi File]

Video

Direct Stream Copy [should be enabled after clicking]

Audio

VBR/Mp3 (If you have an Ogg or even AC3 File choose whatever your Audio File is)

[Choose your Audio File]

Make sure that Direct Stream Copy is enabled in the Audio Menu

File

Save avi

[Choose a location and file name for the new muxed file]

-

That's it. It should work. If not - tell me and we'll find a solution. :D

First of all, thank you for your detailed instructions...

Yes, the 'NavDub' software is included in the Gordian Knot Software Package.

Yesterday I followed your instructions and I tried it...

it's very strange... while dubbing, in the stat window, I can see the correct 'Current Audio Sample' and 'Audio Data' moving... and the result file is exactly the sum (in bytes) of the unmuxed 2 files...

Only when I play the muxed file (I tried with Windows Media Player and with Vidomi) there's video ok and no audio (better... there is audio but it's only a silence track...)

The only thing that I noticed is that, during the muxing, in the "Perf" windows in the stats, the 'Audio Streaming Enabled' is set to NO... and I think it should be set to YES (as for 'Video Streaming Enabled')...

any suggestion?

thanx again

Very strange. I just tried it. And first of all: No, the Audio Streaming must be disabled - that's right as it is. It might sound strange, but did you check that the Audio File is containing audio data ? Just try to play it in Winamp or whatever your favorite player is...

If you can't hear anything you know what the problem is. Otherwise ... I acutally don't know. What kind of audio stream is it? Mp3? or what?

no sorry... the audio stream is not the original one recorded by DVBViewer because after it I muxed, I compressed in DIVX with DVD2AVI and... I don't know what kind of stream it used....! :D

?! I'm not sure if I understand...

Well, if you start NanDub and go into the Audio Menu. You can NOT click "MP3/VBR" if your Audio Stream is no MP3 File. If you did not reencode the Audio you still have a MP2 Stream which is not compatible with MP3. Unfortunatly I don't know any method to mux an MP2 File with a DivX Video. Just Look again at the extension of the Audio File. If it is MP2 you can easyly convert it into MP3:

Run the DOS Box (Don't know what it is in english Windows Systems)

Change to the Dir where Gordian Knot is installed.

Type:

lame.exe -h [bITRATE] [DIR+FILE.MP2] [DIR+FILE.MP3]

replace [bITRATE] with your desired bitrate 128 should do fine in most cases.

replace [DIR+FILE.MP2] with the Full Path and the Filename of your MP2 File. (e.g. C:\MyVideoToMux\Audio.mp2)

The same with [DIR+FILE.MP3]

Hit Enter and wait till the encoding process has finished.

Now you should find the mp3 file at the location you entered instead of [DIR+FILE.MP3].

Open NanDub and do the same as I adviced you again. But this time use the .mp3 File instead of the .mp2 File.

I hope it finally works.

I will do this evening this procedure you suggested me (now I'm at work...)

Yesterday I checked the audio file.... it has extension .mpa (automatically created by DVD2AVI during compression in DIVX)

Anyway I tried simply to "rename" to MP3 but nothing changed...

I will try this evening and I will let you know....

Again thanx for everything...

Thanx to Scurra and thanx to Damjang...

Yesterday I tried the procedure that Scurra explained... and really everything was ok...

The syntax of LAME.EXE was a bit different but I was able to correct it without problems (the bitrate is standard 128 so you can omit but you have to specify that the source is an MPEG2 files with "--mpeg2")

I muxed the DIVX files and the result file is perfectly in sync!

Thanx again, finally I finish my Odissey with Divx compression...! :D