Full command-line parameter options

AMacdonald

For my purposes (and I suspect I'm not alone), the ability to control DVBViewer completely via command-line parameters would make a massive difference to the usefulness of the software. external TV guides like Digiguide could be used to record whole series of programmes, regardless of when they are shown.

I agree, I would like to use commandline parameters for controlling the appearance of windows und fullscreen on a two monitor (beamer) system, somthing like /fullscreen=[A,1,2], /windows=[A,1,2] A stands for Auto, 1,2 for the monitor device.

Thanks.

I just want to be able to initiate a recording with a command line like

DVBViewer.exe -record -chann:"BBC ONE Wales" -duration:60 -file:"c:\my videos\The Bill.mpg"

Just a way of passing relevant recording parameters through at startup so the whole thing can be easily automated. There are plenty of software interfaces around that can enable EPGs like Digiguide to kick off recordings, allowing for fully automated recording of complete series and the best of them support recording apps with command line interfaces.

Guest Lars_MQ
info:='No parameters given!' + #10#13 +

'Commands:' + #10#13 +

'-d : Description' + #10#13 +

'-c : Channel' + #10#13 +

'-e : Date, DD.MM.JJ' + #10#13 +

'-s : Start Time, HH:MM' + #10#13 +

'-p : Stop Time, HH:MM' + #10#13 +

'-u : Update DVBViewer (if running)' + #10#13 +

'-a : Action after Recording (0..6)' + #10#13 +

'-t : Timeraction (0..3)' + #10#13 + #10#13 +

'DVBViewer TVGenial V 0.9'

All there.

info:='No parameters given!' + #10#13 +

'Commands:' + #10#13 +

'-d : Description' + #10#13 +

'-c : Channel' + #10#13 +

'-e : Date, DD.MM.JJ' + #10#13 +

'-s : Start Time, HH:MM' + #10#13 +

'-p : Stop Time, HH:MM' + #10#13 +

'-u : Update DVBViewer (if running)' + #10#13 +

'-a : Action after Recording (0..6)' + #10#13 +

'-t : Timeraction (0..3)' + #10#13 +   #10#13 +

All there.

Would it possible to implement -h option for showing the syntax?

Hello,

Do any of the above parameters allow for giving the filename and path you want to record to? So far I can launch DVBViewer to record a particular channel as follows (where 25 is the channel number I want to record):

DVBViewer.exe -c25 -x34

but what would I have to add to include the filename, and the path if possible as well?

Thank you!

Frazer

Guest Lars_MQ

This is NOT the commandline for the DVBViewer.

But you can of course use the ::[n] tag (see changelog for the .250 version) of the new betaversion in the -d parameter of this tool.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Are you saying that I could do what I want to by using the TVGenial plugin, even without using TVGenial itself?

Basically what I'm looking to do is combine DVBViewer with GBPVR- which supports my XCard- and to do this I need to record from DVBViewer to a specific filename and path set by GBPVR. Therefore, is it not possible to set the name DVBViewer gives to its recorded files from the command line?

Thanks again,

Frazer

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

I have investigated as far as I can and figure that it isn't possible at the moment to set the event/file name from the command line. Could this be a feature request then, seeing as this is the right forum?

Further, I have been trying the standby -c feature from the command line, and though this seems to work, it doesn't actually release the tuner card for use by other software. Could this be a possibility in the future, as it would be very useful for me to have DVBViewer open in the background even when another program has use of my DVB-s card, or is this not actually technically possible?

Thank you,

Frazer