Multi + more instances of DVBV

Radeq

Hello,

I want to have two Airstar PCI cards (it's possible) and record 2 or more channels from max. 2 transponders (DVB-T multiplexes) simultaneously.

Is there possible to make it? Understand. I don't need to see/hear any of live program, but have to record 2 (or more) channels every from other multiplex. I've tried to install two DVBViewers (ver 3.2.6) and set the one at Airstar #1 and second to Airstar #2 device, make another root for independence, but there is still a conflict (maybe with DS filters). Is there any tool for recording only (without decompression and viewing)? Is there possible to say to DVBViewer, don't try to decompress and use DS filters anytime until I say?

Thank for any hints. Radeq.

P.S. I've seen some discussion to this point here, bute i've lost the link. Thanks if you remember, if you know better where to looking for.

Read here:

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?s...indpost&p=75975

For running multiple instances I'd recommend DVBViewer Pro Beta (see members area, beta section, read the included PDF!) and/or DVBViewer GE. Both fully support this feature.

However, with these apps you won't need two instances for recording simultaneously from different transponders with two DVB cards. Both are able to do it within one instance - that's much more convenient.

Make sure that you are using the latest TechniSat driver (4.4), that supports multiple cards in one PC.

I'll trying it, but still not succesfull. There are two cards Airstar 2 PCI, driver version 4.4, Setup4PC see both of them, but DVBViewer V3.4.9250 beta (is there anyone else at beta section?) see the one card "Flexcop based card 0 (DVB-T)" only o:) and if I try switching to another transponder by recording from other one, it says "No hardware".

DVBViewer V3.2.6.80 (non beta) see the both cards "Flexcop based card 1 (DVB-T)" and "Flexcop based card 2 (DVB-T)", but there's no multi card functionality yet.

You say, there's possible to use two Airstar cards by one instance of DVBViewer simultaneously (for recording channels from the two transponders at one time). So, I need a little help, which version of DVBViewer have I use and/or what do I make wrong.

Thanks a lot.

Guest Lars_MQ

First turn off the DVBViewer beta.

then rename the hardware.xml file or delete it. The viewer will on next start automatically detect which hardware is installed.

By the way: it really doesn't hurt to read the readme.pdf of the beta!

First turn off the DVBViewer beta.

then rename the hardware.xml file or delete it. The viewer will on next start automatically detect which hardware is installed.

Thanks. I've tried before, but no effect. Beta version see only one card and by trying to switch by recording to another transponder says "No hardware available!". Any other help?

Beta version see only one card

Usually caused by an old SkyDLL.dll. Installing the 4.4 driver is not enough - install the whole 4.4 TechniSat Software, that contains the new SkyDLL.dll. After that, make sure that there is no old SkyDLL.dll present anymore, particularly in Windows\System32. Check the version number in the file properties.

Guest Lars_MQ

that's why I asked him to use the support tool. it lists exactly which skydll is found and shows, which usermode is active and shows also the hardware.xml.

Usually caused by an old SkyDLL.dll. Installing the 4.4 driver is not enough - install the whole 4.4 TechniSat Software, that contains the new SkyDLL.dll. After that, make sure that there is no old SkyDLL.dll present anymore, particularly in Windows\System32. Check the version number in the file properties.

Yes, that's I needed to know! After I've installed complete Technisat package (not only drivers), that looks running well. Maybe a little experience for another users.

Thank you all. o:)