Beta Update

hackbart

Well a few hours before i travel to america (in order to polish the rest of the atsc support) we thought it might be time for a small (beta) update.

Version BETA 3.4.9.261

----------------------

[*]Change: Recorderwindow: Change timeinputfields, cause the MS control used is buggy.

[*]Removed: Removed the Recordingservice settings and codeparts again.

[*]Fix: Hardware: fixed and tested Technotrend CI and hardware handling.

[*]Fix: OSD/VMR: Fixed high systemload on HT systems.

[*]Fix: Startup: Fixed Crash on startup if no audiodevice is present.

[*]Fix: Channellist: Fixed umlauts in search.

[*]Change: complete new DVB Subtitle rendering engine. Danish subtitles are now displayed like they should and the rest are presented much more sharper.

Concerning the subtitles. This was a hard nut, since DR1 seems to use some special features which did not worked with the DVBViewer subtitle renderer. So i had rewritten it almost completely and now it works (even the sourcecode is much more smaller now).

sample.jpg

Christian

Version BETA 3.4.9.261

[*]Change: complete new DVB Subtitle rendering engine. Danish subtitles are now displayed like they should and the rest are presented much more sharper.

Concerning the subtitles. This was a hard nut, since DR1 seems to use some special features which did not worked with the DVBViewer subtitle renderer. So i had rewritten it almost completely and now it works (even the sourcecode is much more smaller now).

Christian

Excellent news Christian. Will for sure be great news for my fellow danes o:)

Thanks for all your hard work and have a good trip to America.

Hi,

with the new beta, i get "zittern" on my screen. I use the VMR9 render on my HT system.

Now i have to use unchanged or overlay to work perfektly...

With the old beta there were no problems...

I think 20% cpu is ok at my 3 ghz ht system with the old beta?

mfg Steffen

Edited by steffenvogel

Great Hackbart!!

Thanks for this beta version, it's ok with my TT S1500 with CI module.

My request...

It's possible integrated the motor diseq 1.2 plugin or others for configuarted position sat with my rotor SM3D12 (type Stab)... o:)

Guest Lars_MQ
Hi,

with the new beta, i get "zittern" on my screen. I use the VMR9 render on my HT system.

Now i have to use unchanged or overlay to work perfektly...

With the old beta there were no problems...

I think 20% cpu is ok at my 3 ghz ht system with the old beta?

mfg Steffen

Confirmed for the Cyberlink decoder with bob deinterlacing and VMR. There seems to be an unwanted interaction. We're working on it. as a temporary workaround you can choose "weave" deinterlacing in the filter options (Menu View -> Filter -> Cyberlink Video decoder).

Scheduler is not able to go into Standby. Scheduler assumes that DVBViewer is still running. After closing all DVBViewer tasks with taskmanager Scheduler goes into Standby.

Just stepped back to the last Beta and everything is fine again. Back to new Beta and problem is there.

DVBViewer setting is "Beenden" -> Standby. All older versions close and Scheduler takes over for Standby.

you can choose "weave" deinterlacing in the filter options (Menu View -> Filter -> Cyberlink Video decoder).

Thanks for this tipp :arrow:

mfg Steffen

Hi,

Confirmed for the Cyberlink decoder with bob deinterlacing and VMR. There seems to be an unwanted interaction. ...

Confirmed for the Nvidia codecs, too, in any deinterlace mode that I can switch to.

For the record, CPU consumption has gone down significantly in VMR9 mode, but remains about 3-5 percentage points (i.e. 10% CPU consumption as opposed to 7% CPU consumption, a difference about 33%) higher than the GE.

Note that I suspect the really *massive* number of ongoing context switches (between threads) to be responsible for this misbehaviour (see Process Explorer). The GE does not show that many context switches.

Aside: I suspect thread bouncing / context switching to be the root cause for the stuttering display of HDTV content, both in Pro and GE. If you can find ways to really, really minimize context switches, I suspect that HDTV content will play back perfectly, always.

Edited by daffy
Guest Lars_MQ
Aside: I suspect thread bouncing / context switching to be the root cause for the stuttering display of HDTV content, both in Pro and GE. If you can find ways to really, really minimize context switches, I suspect that HDTV content will play back perfectly, always.

Do you see the same in Overlay?

Do you see the same in Overlay?

On my system, with the drivers that I use, Overlay and HDTV are a no-go. Only VMR9 gives me a picture. HDTV not rendering in Overlay started with some major release of the NVIDIA drivers, quite a long time ago (a year+).

I suspect that WMP10 always uses VMR9 (and renders recorded HDTV TS files perfectly).

If you recall my thread in the Beta section about CPU resource consumption, I somewhere noted for the GE that the stuttering seemed to coincide with a spike in used kernel time. Might be a thread switch storm due to bouncing on a waitable object, but could be anything else - I cannot tell just from staring at Process Explorer data. Something within the DVBViewer process space is extremely allergic to a debugger, too (the nvidia codecs), so I quickly stopped my attempts to attach a debugger for more diagnostic information.