COM+ Remote Interface 4 DVBViewer

gene

What about implementing a Remote COM+ Interface in DVBViewer?

What if this interface would allow external application to access DVBViewer objects like channel list, channel navigation functions, OSD, other functions to complete controlling DVBViewer from external applications?

Remote COM+ allows computers inside a network to access a centralized application through its COM+ interface.

So I could change channel from another computer, run or quit the application... and I could make my own program in C++, VB/VBS, ***ASP***, Pascal or whatever!

Imagine a web interface for DVBViewer :)

---

' This is the list of channels in DVBViewer each

' channel maybe linked to a function to switch channel

' from ASP...

Set oDVBVInterface = Server.CreateObject("DVBViewer.Interface")

For Each oChannel In oDVBVInterface.Channels

Response.Write oChannel.Satellite & " - " & oChannel.Name

Next

Set oDVBInterface = Nothing

---

Well I think actually DVBViewer interface is very poor or at least its documentation.

Does DVBV plugins interface allow plugins to access DVBViewer objects like channels, osd/directx window handle?

If so please tell me where to get the SDK. I'd like to develop a Remote COM+ plugin and a very big big OSD display for DVBViewer :-D

So I can lay on a comfy sofa watching tv and switching channels without the need of using a magnify lens to read channel list :-P

Sorry for this long topic.

Gene.

There are already some possibilities for a remote control - perhaps not everything you wish, but quite a lot.

For example, the Dvb script:

Set WsShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

WsShell.Run "C:\Program Files\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe -cChannelName"

where ChannelName is the name of a channel, like you see it in the DVBViewer channellist window.

By using DVBViewer shortcuts it is possible to create external channellists. To learn more about it, download this Tool Package or see an example here

Some Delphi examples for the SDK are included in this Package

In general it is possible to use "SendMessage" in other applications to control the DVBViewer. In Delphi it looks like this:

WindowHandle:=FindWindow(nil,'DVBViewer');

SendMessage(WindowHandle,$B2C2,$0815,Number);

where number is an integer value that specifies the required action. Beginning with 100, there are:

Pause

OnTop

HideMenu

ShowStatusbar

Toolbar

Fullscreen

Exit

Channellist

ChanMinus

ChanPlus

ChanSave

Fav1

Fav2

Fav3

Fav4

Fav5

Fav6

Fav7

Fav8

Fav9

StationMinus

StationPlus

Aspect

Zoom

Options

Mute

VolUp

VolDown

Display

Zoom50

Zoom100

Zoom200

Desktop

RecordSettings

Record

Teletext

MiniEPG

EPG

Fav0

Channel0

Channel1

Channel2

Channel3

Channel4

Channel5

Channel6

Channel7

Channel8

Channel9

TimeShift

TimeShiftWindow

TimeshiftStop

RebuildGraph

I don't know if this list is complete, may be there are some more... but that's already something for you to try. If you have in mind to write add-ons or plugins for the DVBViewer, and you need more information, send a PM to Christian Hackbart.

CU

Griga

Thanks dude,

though it's not the best way I'll mix up hints you gave me to make my own channel navigator, I'll try to find out myslef the channels.dat file format to get the channel list.

If any interested I'll post my application with source code included this week-end.

G'Bye!

Gene.

Guest Michael
Thanks dude,

though it's not the best way I'll mix up hints you gave me to make my own channel navigator, I'll try to find out myslef the channels.dat file format to get the channel list.

If any interested I'll post my application with source code included this week-end.

G'Bye!

Gene.

send a pm to christian.... he will give you the structure :)

Guest DAvenger

Try this http://developer.radlight.net/sdk ;);)

DVBViewer 2.0 shall be based on the RadLight framework. The documentation is really in its early stage, no source code has been released yet.

You should be allowed to fully customize DVBViewer ... let's say you do not like the channelist look :) No problem, just code your own GUI, link it to the core and copy the new DLL into the modules folder B)

Try this http://developer.radlight.net/sdk  ;)  ;)

DVBViewer 2.0 shall be based on the RadLight framework. The documentation is really in its early stage, no source code has been released yet.

You should be allowed to fully customize DVBViewer ... let's say you do not like the channelist look  :)  No problem, just code your own GUI, link it to the core and copy the new DLL into the modules folder  B)

Well I almost finished my channel list navigator :-D

I'll send it very soon.

When DVBViewer v2 will be out I'll work on a new version rad-light skd based if still needed.

Gene.

WindowHandle:=FindWindow(nil,'DVBViewer');

SendMessage(WindowHandle,$B2C2,$0815,Number);

where number is an integer value that specifies the required action. Beginning with 100, there are:

It doesn't work. :)

Okay, I'll check that. But first tell me your DVBViewer Version.

Griga

P.S. If you have an older version, look here. The codes must have changed somehow somewhere somewhat sometimes I don't know...

I have a nice guest here in the moment :) , see you later...

Griga

Guest hackbart

if it is not working, you probably have a problem with the findwindow routine. If the main form is not named "DVBViewer" the findwindow does not show a result - i know there are a few other ways to get the application handle, but this was the "easiest"

Christian