DVD menu navigation ?

Hi!

I have an interesting question here - atleast I think so :)

When I fire up a DVD and I then use my ATI remote control (programmed in javascript/COM with the help of UICE) I want to be able to use the navigational buttons on the remote to navigate through the DVD main menu. Later on when the movie starts I still want to be able to use my arrow keys (left,right, down, up) keys - this time just for other tasks, like zooming in/out of the picture.

So when I am in DVD movie playback mode I want to be able to use the left/right keys for zooming in/out.

Alternatively when I am in DVD root menu mode I want to be able to use the same left/right keys for navigating the menu.

The Ok button would also have a different action depending on playback or menu mode.

In other words I need a way to ask the DVBViewer COM object for its current DVD state.

Are we currently in a menu ?

Are we actually watching a movie ?

I know about the ".isDVD" property - but this doesn't differentiate between movie playing vs menu mode.

If I could ask the COM object about these 2 things, then I could program my remote as I would like it to be. Being context sensitive.

As it is now, I have to choose what I would like to use the arrow keys for.

/Elo