Is there any Imon remotecontroll plugin?

• 5 months later...
Hi,

I´m very, very new to this so please keep that in mind :bye:

Is there any plugin for the Imon Pad controller to the DVBViewer?

http://www.soundgraph.com/pr/e_pr_12.asp?m1d=1&m2d=12

Or is it simple to configure in some kind of easy way?

I would just like to change channels and so on.

I've got a 3RSystems HT1100 case, which ships with an IMON Pad remote control and an IMON VFD display. I mapped all default DVBViewer keys to the corresponding IMON Pad keys. You just have to add a few commands manually to your DVBViewer. Just import the attached imo file into your IMON Pad settings menu.

DVBViewer.zip

• 1 month later...
I've got a 3RSystems HT1100 case, which ships with an IMON Pad remote control and an IMON VFD display. I mapped all default DVBViewer keys to the corresponding IMON Pad keys. You just have to add a few commands manually to your DVBViewer. Just import the attached imo file into your IMON Pad settings menu.

Thanks, that works quite fine! I'm wondering: how you find out Function names concerning DVBViewer? I see that you are calling DVBViewer with arguments/functions/parameters "Rot, Grün, Gelb, Blau" (colours, know that much :bye: ) is there some interface available somewhere? Trying to map some buttons more in Soundgraph Imon pad remote controller.

Thanks,

Edited by MJo
  • 4 weeks later...
Thanks, that works quite fine! I'm wondering: how you find out Function names concerning DVBViewer? I see that you are calling DVBViewer with arguments/functions/parameters "Rot, Grün, Gelb, Blau" (colours, know that much :P ) is there some interface available somewhere? Trying to map some buttons more in Soundgraph Imon pad remote controller.

Thanks,

It's pretty simple to map new keys in the imon pad. Just go to DVBViewer and look into options->input. In here is the list of all available functions. I added new key mappings to that. I.e. "H" for entering the HTP main menu. After assigningg this key in DVBVieewer just open the imon manager and assign a new rc button mapping to the key. That

s itt.

• 2 weeks later...
It's pretty simple to map new keys in the imon pad. Just go to DVBViewer and look into options->input. In here is the list of all available functions. I added new key mappings to that. I.e. "H" for entering the HTP main menu. After assigningg this key in DVBVieewer just open the imon manager and assign a new rc button mapping to the key. That

s itt.

Allright so first map some function inside DVBViewer to some keyboard button. Then assign rc button to that keyboard button inside Imon manager.

Still there is something I don't get it. Zaphod1 has .imo file above. See attachment! It's mapped to "functions" instead of keys for DVBViewer? Funny thing is that those "functions" are Deutch (nothing against Germany :bye: ) or then it makes sense that there is only Deutch "function interface" to be used no matter what is the UI language set to DVBViewer (wondering this as a sw developer by myself) or do one really have to change function names when changing UI language for the program? Or is this "function interface" obsolete in whole? I'm lost :idiot:

post-31105-1171284201_thumb.png

What do you think that shall we make decent .imo as co-operation? And document the procedure aka. make howto here.

E.g. MCE remote owners have turn-the-key solution available (plugin) and this remote phase can be sooo time consuming that your wife can go out of the door while poor man is trying to get htpc settle down in living room (trust me, this isn't pure joke, can affect severely your life). :idiot:

Ok, starting with the basics: channel changing.

As wee see "Channel Minus" function is mapped to keyboard "Add" button. I tried to map this with Imon manager -> no show. Also I tried to use "Channel Minus" instead of "Add" in Imon manager -> no show. (ignore that logic is mixed minus is operated with Add button :bye: but that's not important, just don't want to take new screenshots).

Imon remote's up and down functionality works with this big major tap button. I guess this is because remote is now handled as keyboard.

post-31105-1171295437_thumb.png

post-31105-1171295449_thumb.png

post-31105-1171295618_thumb.png

Guest Lars_MQ

OK in Imon.

1. Assign a name to the action (example: ch+)

2. then you tell Imon which keyboard key it should send to the application.

3. then you tell imon which key on the remote is assigned to this action.

in DVBViewer:

If you choose another key than default, you select the action, press learn and press the Remote key and it should be assigned in DVBViewer.

Maybe you should simply read the imon manual a little bit.

OK in Imon.

1. Assign a name to the action (example: ch+)

2. then you tell Imon which keyboard key it should send to the application.

3. then you tell imon which key on the remote is assigned to this action.

in DVBViewer:

If you choose another key than default, you select the action, press learn and press the Remote key and it should be assigned in DVBViewer.

Maybe you should simply read the imon manual a little bit.

Thanks Lars_MQ, I succeed following above!

Yeah, I RTFM already but there was too many new things mixed (DVBViewer's controlling & Imon), however just typical invalid user-case this was :bye:

• 1 year later...

Hi

does this work in vista ?

I followed the same steps above but when I click "LEARN" nothing happens !

No window appears to allow me setting choosing the remote key .

Is it because of vista or I'm doing something wrong ?

When you click "Learn" in DVBViewer there should not appear an window. You should just select an action and press the button you want to trigger that action, either on the remote itself or on the keyboard.

As far as I remember that worked here with iMon in Vista, too.

Edited by Moses

I understand now that the Learn button is only a toggle button.

But the problem still exist: when I activate the learn button and press a key in my remote, nothing happens.

I only can set keyboard keys !

the remote is working successfully with other programs such MCE, SageTv, PowerCinema....

I found out what the problem is !

I was iinstalling DVBViewer in c:\program files\dvbViewier; Vista has some strange security restrictions that prevent dvbciewier from working properly.

when I installed in C:\DVBViewer the problem solved and the remote now is working.

Thanks