DxVA in Cyberlink decoder

cliv

I'm able to watch live BBC HD1 using the new Cyberlink PowerDVD 7 Trial decoder, but only with DxVA disabled. If I enable DxVA and "Apply", it doesn't seem to make any difference. But then when I quit and restart DVBViewer GE, I get a couple of seconds of sound from BBC HD1 but no picture, and then it freezes using 100% CPU. I can't disable DxVA then either, because DVBViewer GE is not responsive; the only way I know how to do it is with a System Restore :bye:.

I am running 1.9.5.3 and the new DVBViewer Filter 2.8. Other software that might be relevant:

PureVideo 1.02.196

Forceware 91.28 beta

I am able to play recorded BBC HD1 streams with Zoom Player with DxVA enabled, which gives me smooth playback; so what's happening with DVBViewer?

Thanks.

Its playing fine for me live now on a 7800GTX with Forceware 84.21 installed.

I'm using the latest cyberlink decoder, but setting DXVA to on makes no difference to the cpu usage that I can see. It is decoding perfectly smooth at about 40% cpu (amd x2 4800)

Its playing fine for me live now on a 7800GTX with Forceware 84.21 installed.

I'm using the latest cyberlink decoder, but setting DXVA to on makes no difference to the cpu usage that I can see.  It is decoding perfectly smooth at about 40% cpu (amd x2 4800)

any settings other than what was specified in the h264 setup guide?

I've got a 4200X2 and 7800GTX and my playback is unwatchable despite the fact i can watch captured streams without any problem

I am having the same problem

when i first installed powerdvd 7 trial i had used the dxva check box and at last had perfect framreate for live tv

So decided to clean up my system and remove sonme old unused apps

after the clean up DVBViewer crashed

unticked dxva (you have to be quick before it crashes), and playback back to where it was prir to trial install

all other programs work with dxva enabled

checked the graph outputs and cant see a diffrence

anyone help with this, world cup only a couple of days away !!!

coog

Hi,

I have the same problem.

When enabling DxVa DVBViewer freezes and then I get a blue screen :wub:

I think it is because the forceware drivers.

I have tested several versions (91.91, 91.28, 84.21 and 81.98) and have the same problem with all.

I have seen that users using ForceWare 81.42 have a functional set-up.

Do anyone know where I can download ForceWare 81.42?

Couldn't find on Nvidias homepage

/Niklas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...