DVBViewer Channel Navigator

This is a very very beta version just to check out your impressions.

Just copy it to DVBViewer Folder and double click it.

To show/hide navigation panel press [right CONTROL] + [DELETE] (<--)

To navigate trough channels:

5 - Up

2 - Down

1 - Close Category

3 - Open Category

0 or Enter - Tune Channel

The tool is meant to run with DVBViewer set to Full Screen and you laying down on your sofa with a IR/Radio keyboard :-)

The panel should display as transparent on DVBViewer video.

I hope it can be useful for you as it is for me :-D

I think it only runs on XP/2000, though I can make it compatible for all windows versions.

http://www.ircatanzaro.com/gene/DVBVChanNav.zip

Genie.

sorry here on my system nothing happens if i make

press [right CONTROL] + [DELETE]
! :)

I had put it in the DVBViewer directory and maked a double click on it. After that i cant do any of your commands. I use w2k and i used my keyboard. Than i looked in the taskmanager and saw the DVBChanNav.exe is running.

sorry here on my system nothing happens if i make
press [right CONTROL] + [DELETE]
! :)

I had put it in the DVBViewer directory and maked a double click on it. After that i cant do any of your commands. I use w2k and i used my keyboard. Than i looked in the taskmanager and saw the DVBChanNav.exe is running.

Sorry I meant [right CONTROL] + [bACKSPACE] ;) to show/hide Panel.

Genie.

Hi

It works for all but the <0 / Enter Tune Channel>: this keys have no effect.

I think it usefuf if the channel list is well organized.

Cesare

the 0/enter cause Channel Navigator to issue the shell command "DVBViewer -cChannelName" to switch the channel.

it should work. it does with DVBViewer R20.

I want to improve this channel bar so just gimme any suggestion.

I think I'll implement a favourite list and channel search with pattern matching.

Gene.

Now it works!

Its a realy nice tool. But can you make it transparent? I think if you use the color of overlay-color (is this the right name for this color?) (RGB 16-0-16) for background the tool would be realy great. So i could see only the names of the programms without black background.

For navigation i would prefere it if you would use the same numbers where are the arrows on the number keys:

8=up

2=down

4=open category

6=close category

0 or Enter for tuning

Than an other wish. If i open a satellite and than a programm --> than i go to the Programmdirectory again an close, the complete satellite closed if i open the the sattelite again the programm directory is also open. Could you make that die programmdirectory is closed if i open the satellite?

And i have an other idea. Can you make that the menu automatically open like the windows startmenu?

I know, you wrote this is a early beta, but i think there is a lot of potential in your idea!

Hi

I'm using R20 on XPp.

Sorry, but the switch channel with 0/Enter is not working on my system.

One more thing: the panel is not transparent but very, very black.

I have to use the numeric pad with Num lock ON. Is it correct?

It seems that the shell command does not find the dvbviever.exe or is running task.

My target is "K:\Program Files\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe" and I unzipped your navigator in this directory.

I agree your NAV could replace the favorite list that is not so efficient in DVBViewer.

Cesare

I discover more and more great possibilities. If you put it into the auto start of windows, you can start also the DVBViewer with the wished TV stations with this menu. :)

If you now kill the black color of the background this tool could become one of my favorite tools for DVBViewer.

the 0/enter cause Channel Navigator to issue the shell command "DVBViewer -cChannelName" to switch the channel.

Just a hint: Instead of "-cChannelName" I'd rather use "-cChannelName:Service-PID". It's safer - in case a channel name appears two times in the list.

Griga

hi everyone

i'm writng from my oold amiga 4000 abd the keyboard is mssed up. sso sorry for typing msstakes.

anyway ii used rgb 17,0,17 for overlay color and t works fine on my ccomputeer.

it shows up transparnt with a very nice effeect.

i think that tonight very late i'lll ccontinue working on hannel nav wth many improvment.

i'll add coonfiiguration options like fonts, size, colors.

i'll improve navigatioon as well.

eeverything will be osd based.

so taakee advantage of the timee left before i start working again on it to give me moore hintss suggestionss.

thanks everyonee for your comments1

nice "sat" night!

i used rgb 17,0,17
can you make an navigator.ini or so? here on my pc overlay use RGB 16,0,16. If your tool use an ini-file everyone could make changes for his own system.
amiga 4000
what a nice retrospection :)
Guest hackbart

hmm, the colorkey can differ sometimes. You grab the whole screen and read the color value of the window to determine the colorkey, otherwise i could optionally sent the color value as message...

Christian

to make it compatible against previous release of DVBViewer I will put the background color among the OSD configuration options.

anyway all configuration options will be written into a .INI file for manual edit as well.

:-)

I just got back from disco so I guess the new release will be available tomorrow evening.

I'll keep you up to date :-)

Cheers,

Genie.

Congratulation ! very nice tool. :)

But I use for my tv a smal IR keboard, ther are no numeric keypad.

In this configuration it is not possible to use this tool.

It will be helpful we have the option to change the keys in a INI File.

Biere

From original website:

the navigation special keywords are:

num0,num1,num2,num3,num4,num5,num6,num7,num8,num9,numl,num/,num*,num-,num+,nume,num.,up,down,left,right,ins,del,home,end,pageup,pagedown

others keys can be written simply like a,b,c,d,1,2,... and so on .

change only the ini-file! You can use every key on your keyboard, you must only definite this in the ini-file.

cheers

Steffen

I would like to have feedback from you guys about favourite list and the whole application as well.

Does it work? Do you need any special feature?

I will be working on the channel search search during the incoming weekend.

Any comment/suggestion are appreciated.

Gene.

Cool software - unfortunately I have no IR keyboard, so I prefer to tackle the DVBViewer with mouse clicks. But I like to show the Navigator to visitors - they are very impressed :)

In the latest version (0.54) I found a problem: The Navigator shows a strong tendency to terminate without any reason. Examples:

- I open the Navigator and press "Down" to get to the second root folder (there are only two in my list) - Navigator terminates.

- I open the first root folder and press "Jump Down". If the cursor finds a "legal" position to jump to, it's ok. But if I press "Jump Down" a second time, the Navigator terminates.

My System: WinXP Home. Here is my INI, maybe it tells you something...

;

; DVBViewer Channel Navigator INI file v 0.5

;

[Display]

BackgroundColor=0,0,15

SatelliteColor=0,255,0

CategoryColor=220,220,255

ChannelColor=255,255,255

CursorColor=200,0,0

Width=280

FontName=ArialNarrow

FontSize=14

FontBold=Yes

SlideEffect=Yes

ColorKey=No

[Navigation]

Up=num8

Down=num2

JumpUp=num9

JumpDown=num3

Open=num6

Close=num4

Select=num0

Favourite=num7

FavouriteSwitch=num1

[Data]

Favourites=#

Well thank you for bug reporting :-)

There is a problem trying to go over the last node I think.

I don't have time before this saturday to fix it anyway. :-(

Sounded like you don't like this app too much.

That's ok. I just wanted to make public something I wrote for myself just in case someone else could find it useful.

Gene.

Sounded like you don't like this app too much.

No, that' not t true. As I mentioned - I have no IR keyboard. If I had one, your software would be very usefull - really great.

But as I'm inevitably sitting with my nose close to the screen, I rather use the mouse than the keyboard, that's all. Do you have in mind to add mouse support to your app? This would make a difference.

To make it clear: I like your software, even when it doesn't fit my habits, and especially I like your way of contributing something to the DBVViewer.

I think you've noticed those destructive crackers, which posted their "success" here in the board, trying to steal Christians work. It's very pleasant to see that there are people, which in contrast are contributing... that makes me feel good! :)

Cheers

Griga

Hi Gene,

I'd like too your work, anyway... but my PC is Win98 based and without IR keyb, so I can't see it...

If you think to make a W98 version (and maybe mouse support :)) sure I'd tell you how it work on my PC...

Thank you & good week end!

Gioxy

Guys the ChanNav has got lot of problems after I added favourite list.

Be patient I'll fix bugs and implement mouse support.

Consider this version as mostly unusable.

Sorry about that :-)

Genie.