NetStream

Starman

I'm trying to use the DVBViewer NetStream plugin. I've enabled and selected Multicast.

Interface: 192.168.0.2 (LAN)

Subnet: 224.0.0.1

Port: 2345

TTL: unrestricted

But when I open up VLC select open network stream. I've tried both 'UDP/RTP' and UDP/RTP Multicast but no stream plays.

Guest Lars_MQ

the settings in vlc are:

udp/rtp multicast Adress 224.0.0.1 port 2345.

There may be issues with the firewall or a router, which may not be able to handle this amount of traffic. In vlc open the view -> messages window so you can see what is happening and if there are problems

BTW TTL (Time to live) unrestricted is a bad idea, keep it to site. :oops:

No, but you can use the DVBViewerWebserver for this.

Run the Webserver on the server, open a browser on your client, type http://Server-IP:Port/fb.html and you will see a remote control for the DVBViewer.

If you can read a little bit german you can have a look at:

http://www.steffen-klausing.de/content4/fa...=229&artlang=de

If you can't read German you can see the screenshots.

BTW. Unicast is much better for network performance !

Multicast won't work via internet (technical restrictions), but unicast does and if you have only a slow 2mbit line you should use the webserver plugin. It comes with an scaleable asf streaming routine algorithm.

Christian

Guest Lars_MQ

If you would use Unicast streaming for internet you would need a up (and the receiver down) stream between 10 mbit und 24 mbit depending on the channels bitrate. It's possible in theorie but I doubt it works in praxis. :) So unicast is mostly for local network.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been attemping to try and use unicast also but I don't seem to have any luck. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding what I need to do?

Guest Lars_MQ

Well what did you try up to now? The setup isn't really hard to do. most stuff is even automated (-> DVBDiscover in the membersarea or in the devicesettings of the unicast device).