New Beta 3.4.12

hackbart

We (okay almost Lars) made a couple of improovments and smaller fixes.

Version BETA 3.4.12
-------------------
[*]Fix: Subtitles: Sometimes the current selected subtitle wasn't displayed correctly in the Subtitle menu.
[*]Fix: *Star devices: Fixed problems on channelswitching with certain channels.
[*]Fix: Vobsub: Fixed display problems with Vobsub files.
[*]Add: DirectX-Options: Added a separate selection for a AC3 decoder. *PLEASE CHECK THIS OPTION BY DEFAULT IT'S SET TO AUTO!*
[*]Add: channellist -> now the current epg is shown as a hint if you move the mouse over a channelname (works with all channellists except in the channeloptions)
[*]Add: EPGwindow: on tuning the tuned channel is made the current one (if epgwindow is visible).
[*]Add: EPGwindow/what's now: a click with the middle mousebutton makes the selected channel the currently displayed in the EPG-tab.
[*]Change: Hardware: Additional checks if the hardware.xml is valid. If not the corrupted file is deleted und rebuild.
[*]Change: ATSC-EPG: Reworked ATSC-EPG handling.

[*]Fix: Netstreaming Plugin: Fixed a problem with the activate Checkbox.

Christian

Guest Lars_MQ

Hopefully this is the last beta. There is definetly a feature freezed now und only bugs will be fixed.

So maybe the final 3.5 will be out next week (if not any serious problems arise).

Guest Lars_MQ

First, be polite to the other users and use english in this part and second the recordingservice will be published after the final, it's getting too much work for me.

Hopefully this is the last beta. There is definetly a feature freezed now und only bugs will be fixed.

So maybe the final 3.5 will be out next week (if not any serious problems arise).

Aehm, a little work in all probability still queues. Something is wrong with the rendering engine:

- Nvidia does not seem to be prepared to eliminate the scaling bug that happens in DVBViewer, but not in most of the usual video software. That could be an serious problem for DVBViewer users in the future (see all that related postings here in the last view days, IMHO most peoples aren't able to accept it as an Nvdia problem.)

- With ATI cards also somethings going wrong: VMR7 is broken here (black screen by changing window size or going to full sceeen), if an hardware accelerated video decoder are working (Cyberlink, Elecard, ATI MPEG Decoder). We all know that VMR7 is able to use overlay, and i like to use VMR7 because so I am able to use hardware accelerated overlays with dual screen mode (2xTFT).

... And some little things I'm sure that they will be fixed soon because they are already in the queue (as example: new option "AC3 decoder" needs an reinit if the decoder is switched in settings, some decoders without own option dialogue aren't visible in "view" => "filters" menu).

DVBViewer is stressed here with:

Nvidia Geforce 6800 (AGP)

ATI X1600 (AGP)

P4@2.8GHz Northwood, HT enabled, i865 Chipset, 2 GB RAM

Thanks for the good work, something is to do ;)

Dreamer

Guest Lars_MQ
IMHO most peoples aren't able to accept it as an Nvdia problem.)

It's an nvidia problem. Nothing we can do. Everything is done according to the specs of MS, so maybe you should ask Nvidia, what they are doing wrong (considering ATI has no problems...).

For everything else, if you think you have a bug to report, please report it in the apropriate forum, with all needed informations

Nvidia does not seem to be prepared to eliminate the scaling bug that happens in DVBViewer, but not in most of the usual video software.

It happens in all software that displays the OSD in the same (superior) way as DVBViewer Pro:

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=16198

If you want to know how the OSD would look like if DVBViewer Pro would avoid doing it this way (thus circumventing the NVidia bug), install DVBViewer GE, that still uses the old method, select one of the VMR modes, switch the aspect ratio manually to 1 : 2.35, open the OSD and you'll see how it gets squeezed, because it can't be displayed ouside the video area.

Don't waste your time with complaining here, write to NVidia!

You has read the "rest" of the posting too? Ok. Calm down, think a little about the facts that

- with ATI cards are also problems exists

- with some OSD screens are also scaling problems exists.

I KNOW abou the Nvidia driver bugs. That wasn't the whole conclusion in my posting. I don't want to complain anyone here. I only want to say that some work is to do until an final release is an good idea. All that puzzle parts with scaling errors (ATI, Nvidia, OSD) says me that there has to be something better in DVBViewer. And yeah, its better to discuss that in the related beta group. Sorry for thinking loud.

Edited by Dreamer-FLT
Ok. Calm down

I'm perfectly calm. I'm the DVBViewer GE programmer. ;)

But I want you all to press NVidia instead of posting here uselessly, because I would like do adopt the new method of displaying the OSD, and I'm only waiting for that bloody bug to get fixed.

Guest Lars_MQ
. All that puzzle parts with scaling errors (ATI, Nvidia, OSD)

What scaling error are you talking about?? I never heard about a scaling error, I only heard "we know all better" comments about how we have to stand in for a bug cause by a big multimillion dollars company which I don't follow or read anymore. All reports posted as required (read: in the right forum part and in the requested form) have been adressed if possible to reproduce.

Currently we have no open known problems on our list.

Guest Lars_MQ

Please read before post: 5 entries up. ;)

It doesn't happens with other application, only with DVBViewer.

Yes true, word, excel coreldraw, paint and solitaire don't show the nvidia bug either, so where is your point?

Sometimes i think, it's a waste of time to write mails with bug reports to nVidia. Not sure if they read them... Never got an answer so far. Maybe, 3D gaming is more important to nVidia than video engine problems. :blush:

Does the DVBViewer OSD work without problems on a TV set, connected to an ATI card? Never got a chance to test this cause i had 3 different Sapphire X1800XL cards with exactly the same hardware defect in January in my computer (pixel snow on my computer monitor after a short time of warming it up, my dealer could reproduce it), so i decided to go back to nVidia.

@Lars: He means programs that are able to generate an output on the video renderer... Don't be unfair... ;)

I'm using the "overlay" renderer right now with the new version of DVBportal because it produces a crap if you use VMR9 + DXVA (not like the last version did). Also blue screens may occur during channel switch.

Edit: Maybe, it is a nVidia bug. The solution is not to use VMR9 anymore if you have a nVidia card and if you want to use the new version of DVBViewer. No corrupted video and no blue screens with this configuration.

One more edit: i will send an e mail with an error description (+ screenshot ) to nVidia and see what happens. But i can not "proove" to nVidia that this is a driver bug of them cause i can not compare to what happens when i use an ATI card.

Edited by SnoopyDog
Does the DVBViewer OSD work without problems on a TV set, connected to an ATI card?

I use an oldschool ati9700 with overlay. the video feature set on newer ATI's are almost identical.

I don't use the VMRx modes since they produce crap pictures. Overlay is so much better. Ofcourse I have to wave goodbye to stuff like transparency etc.

WMRx gives me blurrier video with weird greylike blacks. instead of true blacks on overlay.

When using overlay, u cant really use theatermode, since this mode will only send the overlay part of the image to the "theater mode" assigned display device (TV). This means that u wont c stuff like OSD and subs.

I use clone mode set to a res. of 1280x720 (infocus IN76 projector ;) ).

Clonemode gives me subs and OSD.

My general impression is that ATI cares more about the HTPC portion of their products than what nvidia does.

I could test your problem, although I need to know what bothers you in more detail.

/Gibman

Edited by gibman

Thank you for your hints :blush:

I'm using the newest Beta since yesterday evening and can not report anything bad except that VMR thing.

Channel switching seems to have a turbo installed right now. It is much faster than with the previous regular version 3.2.6! ;) And many other small things work better than with the previous version.

I find a little anoying bug: the favorite channels are shifted by one. Let me I explain: I set the F1 for favorite 1, F2 for favorite 2 and so on, but when I press F1 DVBViewer display the favorite2 channel, when I press F2 show the favorite 3 and so on...

I have v3.4.12.1 (beta)...

damjang

Guest Lars_MQ

I don't see a bug. Favorites start like the channels with 0 and you select them like the channels (Farvorite1 + Favorite1 = selects the 12th favorite), this is integrated since several month.

Please, in version 3.15 add record of subtitles into a .srt text file with mpeg record mode like version 3.2.6. I am a deaf man and I want record programs with subtitles to watch in my home player.

Guest Lars_MQ

that's what ts-format is for. there are several programs (you have to use anyway for demuxing) which extract the subtitles also. the srt format written in 3.2.6 wasn't excactly according to the format.

that's what ts-format is for. there are several programs (you have to use anyway for demuxing) which extract the subtitles also. the srt format written in 3.2.6 wasn't excactly according to the format.

Yes, this srt format in version 3.2.6 is not exactly according to the format but I repair it in a minute with Subtitles Workshop. I preffer those srt files than not ts record mode. PLEASE, ADD. THANKS YOU.

I don't see a bug. Favorites start like the channels with 0 and you select them like the channels (Farvorite1 + Favorite1 = selects the 12th favorite), this is integrated since several month.

Oh, thankyou, now I see... :bounce:

I was in mistake, because in the Options - Inputs the favorite 0 was the last in list, but in favorite channel list was the first...

damjang