Format of VCR section

UPollaehne

Hi,

I could not find a description of the different fields for a scheduled recording.

At the moment I think that I understand these fields (separated by ';'):

1. Name of the program

2. Some ID + '|' + channel name

3. Date

4. Start time

5. Stop time

6. After recording action (what to do on stop)

7. repetition days

8. Recording action (what to do on start)

9. ?

10. A/V disable

There are differences between Pro and GE in the fields 7. and 9.

For field 7. the Pro writes a 7 char string, the GE writes a number (presumably each bit for a specific day).

For field 9. I do not know at the moment what it is. Could someone enlighten me please?

In field 2. there is this ID. After reading the GE docs about command line parameters (especially the "-c") I thought that this ID is calculated the same way (65536 * Audio ID + ServiceID). Maybe I am wrong, maybe I am just too stupid to calculate.

I have this example: 543845834|Das Erste (AC3)

With the following values from the channels list:

Audio PID: 106

Service ID: 28106

65536 * 106 + 28106 = 6974922

Although giving the Service ID would be sufficient (since the channels name is unique) out of curiosity I would like to know how this ID is calculated.

Is it ok that non-ASCII characters in timers.xml are encoded as html entities although the xml header states that the encoding is UTF-8?

Why not simply set the encoding in the header to the default encoding of the system (i.e. "Cp1252") and write the Umlauts as they are?

I would like to know how this ID is calculated.

65536 * Audio PID + ServiceID. Bit 29..31 contain the tuner type (introduced due to multicard support):

0 = undefined

1 = cable

2 = satellite

3 = terrestrial

4 = ATSC

Although giving the Service ID would be sufficient

Not for a scheduled recording with a specific audio stream (e.g. Pro7 AC3)

7. is unused in DVBViewer GE (always 0)

9. indicates wether the entry is enabled in DVBViewer Pro or not (true/false). In DVBViewer GE the value indicates the recording days (Bit 0..6 = Monday...Sunday, Bit 7: weekly repetition).

10. indicates wether the entry is enabled in DVBViewer GE or not (1/0).

Although giving the Service ID would be sufficient

Not for a scheduled recording with a specific audio stream (e.g. Pro7 AC3)

Thanks for the info.

Now back to the calculated ID. What if I do not write an ID at all and only write the unique channel name?

What if I do not write an ID at all and only write the unique channel name?

You can set any of the 4 properties to 0 resp. empty, e.g. use a channel ID like 0|Pro7 or 898|. DVBViewer searches for the "first best match" in the channellist. A null resp. empty property is regarded as wildcard or "matches always". which makes the channel ID more ambiguous, of course.

If DVBViewer finds a channel with four matching properties in the list, it abandons the search immediately. If there isn't, it takes the one with the highest number of matches after having completed the search. If there are several matching equally, it takes the first one.