Only picture on 1/4 of screen

Seems to be hardware dependant too. Don't have such problem with a GeForce4 MX too. Though this GPU is really a pain when it comes to VMR too as frames get dropped, especially in fullscreen (when using DXVA + VMR). So there is a continuous stuttering in video playback.

What Type of CPU do you use? I use a AMD AthlonXP 1700+ in my second PC and got no stuttering or dropped Frames with the GeForce4MX when using DXVA & VMR9... Do you have the original DirectX or an updated one? If I run dxdiag an look into the 'DirectX Files' Tab the newest File Date is August 2005. Where do you see the Frame Drops? In the DVBSource or in the VMR9Renderer?

As you can see my X/Y/W/H are totally different from yours and it works just fine.

Sorry pankov, I marked the wrong Values. X/Y/W/H are for Size and Position in windowed Mode, they have nothing to do with the Graph itself. Here my Values to look at:

<section name="Display">

<entry name="EPGPage">2</entry>

<entry name="OnTop">1</entry>

<entry name="Vertstretch">7</entry>

<entry name="LeftOffset">0</entry>

<entry name="Horistretch">0</entry>

<entry name="TopOffset">0</entry>

<entry name="PanScan">34</entry>

<entry name="Duration">1</entry>

<entry name="LastLeftOffset">0</entry>

<entry name="LastTopOffset">647</entry>

<entry name="LastRightOffset">447</entry>

<entry name="LastBottomOffset">1017</entry>

<entry name="X">0</entry>

<entry name="Y">656</entry>

<entry name="W">558</entry>

<entry name="H">463</entry>

</section>

Now, I could reproduce your above mentioned Workaround with Aspect Ratio set to 'None', had the Zooming <>0 before. So I have the Picture Issue when I change Color Values, Zoom Options or Aspect Ratio, that are too many concessions for me :(. Because I have a 24" Monitor with 16:10 Apect Ratio I need the Zoom Functions, so I prefer disabling the Hardware Acceleration until there is a better Fix out :)

Cheereo

NeDrY

I'm not too lazy. It is a fact that the Nvidia driver causes this problem. You can check this by using an old driver version.

And you can take this as prooven fact that the osd filter and also the VMRMixer handling is 100% like its defined in MSDN. :)

What Type of CPU do you use? I use a AMD AthlonXP 1700+ in my second PC and got no stuttering or dropped Frames with the GeForce4MX when using DXVA & VMR9... Do you have the original DirectX or an updated one? If I run dxdiag an look into the 'DirectX Files' Tab the newest File Date is August 2005. Where do you see the Frame Drops? In the DVBSource or in the VMR9Renderer?

VMR properties dialog shows the dropped frames.

I have set up Windows from scratch and tried about everything possible (from DirectX update over different quartz.dll versions to different nVIDIA driver versions, switching to Standard/ACPI/APIC PC and so on). Check for fullscreen, there about 5-10 frames are dropped every second. In docked mode it sometimes isn't visible (as only a few frames get lost every now and then).

There are 3 ways to get rid of those glitches with VMR7/VMR9:

- disable DXVA

- disconnect DVBV OSD Source Filter

- switch to 16-bit color depth

CPU is a P4 Celeron with 1.7 GHz. CPU usage when using VMR is between 40 and 50%. CPU shouldn't be the problem as everything works quite well when disabling DXVA where CPU usage increases.

Edited by CiNcH