H.264 Kit discussion

hackbart

Original by emmel

Do you think there is a way for signaling the decoder with the correct frame rate?

Probably not.

Ok.

One more small final question: Do you think the problem could be resoved by adding an appropriate frame rate converter in the graf between the decoder and renderer? Something like in the figure below?

I don't have the possibility to test the converter in in live now for a week or two, but it works like a charm at least in file playback. Another possibility to fix the fps problems in playback is to use avisynth.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hackbart

• klaymen

• Griga

• Zyknyp

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Lars_MQ

Original by Griga

when I try to play back a recorded transport stream in H264 in DVBViewer I cant seem to get it to play other than audio.

ReadMe -> DVBViewer GE hints. :) Why don't you just read it? Please stop asking questions here that have already been answered.

Original by formateo

it would be possible that you hung the *.grf to be able to use it? with himself not to make it. thanks

Original by remlap

when I try to play back a recorded transport stream in H264 in DVBViewer I cant seem to get it to play other than audio.

ReadMe -> DVBViewer GE hints. :) Why don't you just read it? Please stop asking questions here that have already been answered.

Which I have already done, I did all the editing of the ini files first thing.

Original by Derrick

With my setup TSPlayer just works fine. Though @remlap could have a point. When trying to playback the files with the DVBViewer, only audio is recognized and connected. I tried also the last pro_beta..

Guest Lars_MQ

Original by Griga

When trying to playback the files with the DVBViewer, only audio is recognized and connected. I tried also the last pro_beta..

H.264 high profile content? They can't play it, and you know why...

Original by remlap

Does TSPlayer play the file?

Yep it does thanks.

The best working perfectly H264 channel is Astra test over at 23.5e on 12032 H 27500 3/4 seemless quality :)

Guest Lars_MQ

Original by Derrick

..not quite. The latest pro_beta shows the same features as the tsplayer..

needless to say, that I'm not familiar with the DVBViewer as a media player cos I (almost :D ) never use it for this purpose :)

Original by mighty

Same problem here. All files are Main Profile 4.0.

I have another problem here: on SKY Italia HD Demo video is not deinterlaced (it is in TSPlayer with the same codec - CoreAVC). Not that I care too much, since my PC isn't powerful enough to watch it live, but I thought someone else could be interested in that.

Guest Lars_MQ

Original by emmel

Hi,

There seems to be a small inconsistency between the new H264ParamReader and the old h264_parse of mpeg4iptools.

SkyTestLoop(13E)

---------------------

H264ParamReader:

timing_info_present_flag = 1

num_units_in_tick = 48

time_scale = 16777216

fixed_frame_rate_flag = 0

h264_parse:

timing_info_present_flag: 1

num_units_in_tick: 1

time_scale: 50

fixed_frame_scale: 1

HDForum(13E):

------------------

H264ParamReader:

timing_info_present_flag = 1

num_units_in_tick = 24

time_scale = 16777216

fixed_frame_rate_flag = 0

h264_parse:

timing_info_present_flag: 1

num_units_in_tick: 1

time_scale: 50

fixed_frame_scale: 1

All other params before timing_info_present seem to be the same.

emmel

[edit] A small correction added.

Guest Lars_MQ

Original by Griga

@emmel: Thanks, that's quite helpful. The same problem is described here and the explanation can be found in the next message of the thread.

Seems some adjustments will be necessary. Already done in the H264ParamReader, that displays the correct values now. However, I still wonder for which purpose these emulation_prevention_bytes are inserted.

Calculating the frame rate in the DVBViewer Filter and TSPlayer will be possible now, but requires some additional work. Unfortunately, since the standard does not make it really clear wether

time_scale / num_units_in_tick

specifies the field rate or frame rate, broadcasters seem to handle it differently in case of interlaced video. For an Euro1080 H.264 HD stream, the value yields 25, for Pro7 HD 50. Both are interlaced. pinch.gif

This post suggests that it is the field rate (thus frame rate = field rate / 2), so maybe the best would be to assume that any result below 40 must not be divided by 2.

Original by Emmel

Ok, it is my pleasure if I can help even in a very modet way.

I guess the emulation prevention is used just to keep the pattern 0x000000 "holy" in the sense that it can only be interpreted as part of a start marker. If the same pattern should be found in data, the 0x03 is inserted to avoid (or create ) confusions... or, thats what I have understood with my limited knowledge.

Anyways, I'll try the new reader as soon as you put it available. Thanks for youir efforts.

Guest Lars_MQ

Original by Derrick

..thx, though the result is still the same. Maybe somebody should notify core about their deaf decoder. The bloody thing just don't want to listen wink.gif

Something else.. There is a difference between Pro and GE when playing this very demanding content on a pc that is not quite up to the task. The GE almost freezes and won't accept input commands (takes a very long time) whereas the Pro still reacts almost normal. The priority setting is "normal" in both cases.

Guest Lars_MQ

Original by remlap

Hey guys im trying to view the H.264 video on Astra 3A on 12032 I had it working fine thinking it was using the coreavc codec so used Radlight File Manager to remove all the demo's I had installed.

Anyone able to help figure out why it wont work now?

Thing is the corecodec panel says its decoding.

Edit - for some reason its come back to life.

Guest Lars_MQ

Original by Torben

It lokks like de-interlacing is not working correctly.

Which channel does such a crazy picture with a grenn line broadcast?

Torben

Original by Emmel

yes, this bug is known. It will be hopefully solved soon. A recorded TS_stream just plays fine. It's only a promo loop anyway. You could tune to 13E, 11996V for the sky Promo HD. No problems there cos it's 1920 and not 1440 :)

Guest Lars_MQ

Original by Emmel

This post suggests that it is the field rate (thus frame rate = field rate / 2), so maybe the best would be to assume that any result below 40 must not be divided by 2.

I guess you could also apply an upper bound, as the h264 defines a maximum fps for each level. For 4.0 and 1080 it is 30.1, so everything above that must be devided by 2 if interlaced.

Original by remlap

Ive noticed something 720p HD Playback of .ts files is fine yet playback of 1080i it wont work.

Guest Lars_MQ

Original by pankov

Guys,

I've read the ReadMe and managed to watch the HD Forum (TPS HD Promo) channel with DVBViewer Pro (beta) but the CPU utilization was 100%. I know the reason for this is in the H.264 that is used. In my case it was the Moonlight one. As I read in the ReadMe it has higher "priority" than the one that I prefer - CoreAVC . The instrunctions in the ReadMe advises me to unregister all other decoders but this is something I don't want to do because I use them for other applications. This made me think ... why is this neede at all? There are atleast two better ways to do this:

1. Add an option in the UI for selecting the preferred H.264 decoder

2. use the DirectShow MERIT system ... which is much more versatile than hardcoded priority

I also have a question about the near future and the use of MPEG4.

Guys, do you think that it will be possible to automatically distinguish what kind of channel is the current one and select the correct Decoder (Graph)? Or we will have to do it mannually?

Original *ha* by Lars_MQ

See option directx.

Guest Lars_MQ

Original by soheilsh

See option directx.

hi lars_mq

please help me

iam very like DVBViewer but www.DVBViewer.com/members not login and wrong username and password

please build one account dor login to DVBViewer

thanks

Original by cwizou

what's wrong? Please help me!  :)

hd6zy.th.jpg

I'm getting exactly the same error on the same channel (HD Forum, right?) with latest version of this kit and CoreAVC Pro (1.0.0.0).

However, when I use the Cyberlink (ATI accelerated) codec, picture is fine (and DVBViewer crashes a few secs later, but I think that's expected).

Guest Lars_MQ

Original by Torben

Because the TSPlayer is from Griga.

The DVBViewer Pro is from Christian and Lars. This can't work.

I would suggest only to watch recorded files, because you can always read slow from an HDD, but not from an Livestram.

Torben

Guest Lars_MQ

Original by emmel

BBC Have began thier tests on Astra 2D on 10847V

I get this error though

The "pro version" supports only PAFF (mixture of interlaced and progressive frames).

It does not support MBAFF (mixture of interlaced and progressive macroblocks within a frame) though. Thats part of the "enterprise version" which is not out yet. So, no go. Maybe later.