Twinhan Mantis CI Detection

hackbart

Hi,

i know some people (okay almost all with the Mantis cards) have problems to use their Common Interface within the DVBViewer. The reason is that although the support for Twinhan CI Devices is integrated, but the cards are obviously not detected as Twinhan cards.

I made a dump application which should point out the reason for this. If everything is okay it should look like this:

function IsTwinhan("DTV-DVBS 878 Digital Tuner Filter DVB-S")

{

GetPropertySet = SUCCEEDED.

function BDAIOControl

{

PropertySet.Set_(

CmdGUID = {255E0082-2017-4B03-90F8-856A62CB3D67},

dwIoControlCode = AA0001E4,

lpInBuffer = 0012FD08,

nInBufferSize = 00000000,

lpOutBuffer = 0012FD20,

nOutBufferSize = 00000000,

lpBytesReturned = 0012FD18 to

Tuner = {E5644CC4-17A1-4EED-BD90-74FDA1D65423});

Result = 00000000

}

THBDA_IOCTL_CHECK_INTERFACE = 1

function BDAIOControl

{

PropertySet.Set_(

dwIoControlCode = AA0001F0,

lpInBuffer = 0012FD08,

lpOutBuffer = 0012FD20,

nOutBufferSize = 000000F0,

Result = 00000000

}

THBDA_IOCTL_GET_DEVICE_INFO =1

Device = DSTMCI 00-08-CA-12-7C-90 with CI Available 1

}

Please if you have problems with detecting your CAM module, try to post the results in here.

Christian

Mantis.zip

Hi Christian,

after some starting problems my Cam works fine in DVBViewer except the "Child protection". there i can't enter my PIN to access the "Child protection" menu.

I have the Mantis DVB-C 2033 Ver. 1.14

actualy i have installed the BDA Driver 1.0.2.2 from the DigitalRise Board.

I copied and pasted the output from your mantis.exe in a text file and attached it to my post.

I dont't know why but my USB DVB-S Card seems also to be announced as an CI Card but it is'nt. The USB Card works fine so i think it does'nt matter.

Edited by MIKY

Hi,

i tried to activate my premiere smartcard. To activate the card you have a few minutes to wait in the channel premiere start. It didn´t work.

Another problem is the output message (every minute) from DVBViewer independet of the going chanel.

Message from Alphacrypt light: Press OK

Ben

mantis.txt

Weird, the card is detected like it should. According to Premiere, they changed the cards (from idea to the keys) so even my card acts a bit strange. Inside the Technotrend Adapter it needs up to 10 seconds until a picture appears and in the twinhan it takes also 2x more than before. I have no clue why :(

What is with users who deal with other CAM's instead the Alphacrypt (light)?

According to the child lock: Try to use overlay instead, the problem is that the osd is rendered into the video strom. If there is no video, somehow the renderer does not like to draw the OSD.

Christian

What is with users who deal with other CAM's instead the Alphacrypt (light)?

Hi,

I'm using Blue ZetaCAM for my Premiere Smartcard and with DVBViewer I couldn't unscramble any Premiere channel.

Here's the output from Mantis Tool:

function IsTwinhan("DTV-DVB Mantis DVBC BDA Receiver DVB-C")
{
  GetPropertySet = SUCCEEDED.

function BDAIOControl
  {
 PropertySet.Set_(
   dwIoControlCode = AA0001E4,
   lpInBuffer = 0012FD08,

lpOutBuffer = 0012FD20,
   nOutBufferSize = 00000000,

Result = 00000000
  }

THBDA_IOCTL_CHECK_INTERFACE = 1
  function BDAIOControl
  {
 PropertySet.Set_(
   dwIoControlCode = AA0001F0,
   lpInBuffer = 0012FD08,

lpOutBuffer = 0012FD20,
   nOutBufferSize = 000000F0,

Result = 00000000
  }

THBDA_IOCTL_GET_DEVICE_INFO =1
 Device = DVB-DTV 20330 FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF with CI Available 2
}

Edited by MT4Life

Hi,

kann das Blue Zeta-CAM denn überhaupt Nagraaladin? Ich weiss nur von Viaaccess und Skycrypt.

Edited by MIKY
Hi,

kann das Blue Zeta-CAM denn überhaupt Nagraaladin? Ich weiss nur von Viaaccess und Skycrypt.

Yes, it can.. At my Premiere Receiver (CAM slot) and other DVB programs it works..

Can anyone help me please? Also strange that the CAM menu of DVBViewer works only sometimes with my Blue Zeta-CAM and suddenly no menu items will displayed at CAM window. What should I do? Do you think my card is damaged or something is happen with my CAM?

Mike

I've installed a newer Mantis BDA version 1.0.2.3 from 2006/06/29. But BDA drivers doesn't support CI, it is handle by DVBViewer self. So it isn't a driver problem <_<

Edited by MT4Life
Guest Lars_MQ
But BDA drivers doesn't support CI, it is handle by DVBViewer self. So it isn't a driver problem

Completely wrong. BDA itself doesn't handle CI. The BDA Driver of course handles the CI by offering special functions and properties, which can be called be the app.

okay,

where can i get it? i like to be up to date :blush: I have'nt found a newer one at TH Website or DigitalRise.

I borrowed a Samrtcard for testing a couple of weeks before and in my DVBViewer 3.5 the Cam from the Mantis 2033 works instead of the child protection. I'm still waiting for my own Samrtcard so atm i'm not able to do further testings <_<

Edited by MIKY
Completely wrong. BDA itself doesn't handle CI. The BDA Driver of course handles the CI by offering special functions and properties, which can be called be the app.
Okay, my mistake. But however other apps works fine with the Common Interface.

where can i get it? i like to be up to date <_< I have'nt found a newer one at TH Website or DigitalRise.
You can find new drivers at the DigitalRise forum. I've sent you the download link via PM.

Mike

Edited by MT4Life
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi again Christian, :bye:

i still have the problem with the child protection in the CAM-Menu, but I found a work around by using the MCECIcontrol.exe delivered with the TwinHan Drivers. :bounce:

ATM i have the problem that evrytime i tune a channel i get some discountinuties (about 5 to 18 per tune). I have tested any Decoder and Renderer i found but nothing changed.

Engelberth told me in an other thread that you stay in contact with twinhan from time to time, so i want to ask you if you could contact TH (i think that is still a driver problem) and/or post the latest information here. :bye:

best regards an thx a lot

MIKY

• 2 months later...

Just for info: My BlueZeta-CAM works now with DVBViewer. The firmware of my 2033 card was faulty because MAC address was 00-00-00-00-00. So I change the card and now CAM will be detected correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using twinhan DVT DVB-S model 1030 with Matrix reborn ZCAS cam and valid TV vlaanderen card.

The odd thing is: DVBViewer can detect the cam cause I can retrieve all info from the cam menu.

Now the strangest thing is, if had to re-activate the smartcard (can be done via the web) and needed to tune into one of the bouket channels , then re-activate an the image should appear within 60 minutes.

Well, it didn't.

I've installed mediaportal and funny enough, mediaportal does decode the encrypted channels properly.

But, that means that the smartcard did receive the re-activation code through DVBViewer.

So, what could cause the cullprit if :

- DVBViewer detect's the cam properly

- the smartcard activation did work via DVBViewer

- DVBViewer itself could not show the encrypted boucket.

- mediaportal could

I rather would stay to DVBViewer but if there's no fix, then i'll have to switch to the slooooooooow Mediaportal

Edited by Benarty

Okay: problem solved.

It seems that the twinhan cards are very driver sensitive.

With twinhan DVB-TV 2.432 no problem.

I did not install the full DVB application, just as soon when the drivers section is installed, cancelled the installation. DVBViewer is a fast application compared to others.

Very late edit: still problems, no stable connections, dropped frames

Edited by Benarty
  • 3 months later...
I have the same problem with my twinhan and the BDA driver. When i am using mediaportal everything is ok but with DVBViewer i can only watch free to air channels.

I am using twinhan sat ci with BDA driver 1.2.3.8

Same problem here.

Any solution ???

This problem has been solved, got a new cable card and it works OK now :bye:

----

Hello, I just received my Conax card from the local cable company (www.TTV.fi if it makes any difference) . I have TwinhanDTV Cab-CI Mantis ver. 1.4 and Digiality Conax CAM v 4.00e CAS5. DVBViewer version is 3.6.1.2.

When I insert the card DVBViewer does not always recognise it (nothing in CAM menu) and when it does recognise that the card is inserted I get a DVBViewer dialog

TSD Crypt Conax

[OK]

In DVBViewer's CAM menu it says:

TSD Crypt Conax

Please check your card

Is there something in DVBViewer that I can try to get the problem fixed? Or is the card just faulty or is the CAM broken? According to Mantis-tool the cam seems to be OK as far as I understand.

Edited by patti
  • 1 month later...

Just got MTV3 MAX smartcard and it's working fine with the set top box, but not with the DVBViewer. The DVBViewer recognizes the conax fine, but not the card itself. It just keeps asking for a card. Hardware should be ok, as the smartcard is working with the Twinhan's own software, I can watch those pay channels just fine.

Hardware

Twinhan Mantis + latest BDA drivers

Technisat Conax (if I remember correctly)

WinXP

Any thoughts how to correct the problem

mantis.txt

Edited by iltavilli