"No hardware available" - DVBV v3.5.0.1

huwdymond

I am using a Freecom USB stick with the yakumo BDA drivers - the transedit software works fine and will preview all channels ok excluding CA channels and any of the h264 HD trials on the UK DTT Platform at the moment. However - the hardware does not seem to be working at all in DVBViewer for some reason. The previous version that I had (3.2.6.80) works without fault. Is this an issue common to the BDA drivers when using the current version? I have noticed a few other people posting the same issue.

Yakumo Driver 1.0.0.36

Windows XP Pro SP2

support.zip

Guest Lars_MQ

well you did a channelscan, didn't you? It's needed for DVB-T, cause the installed channellist ist sat only. No way we could include all different dvb-t lists...

Otherwise there are no know problems with bda devices in this area.

well you did a channelscan, didn't you? It's needed for DVB-T, cause the installed channellist ist sat only. No way we could include all different dvb-t lists...

Otherwise there are no know problems with bda devices in this area.

Fantastic thanks. I simply exported the old DVBViewer channel list and imported it to 3.5.0.1 and it all worked fine. A more intuitive error message along the lines of "No hardware available. Add hardware or rescan for channels" might be more appropriate.

There will always be people like myself that assume it just doesn't work :(

Fantastic thanks. I simply exported the old DVBViewer channel list and imported it to 3.5.0.1 and it all worked fine. A more intuitive error message along the lines of "No hardware available. Add hardware or rescan for channels" might be more appropriate.

There will always be people like myself that assume it just doesn't work :(

Yeah, I had this error too with my Air2PC-ATSC-PCI tuner card. The error was misleading too for me. I thought something was broken in my upgrade! Edited by antdude
  • 3 weeks later...

Have a Yakumo Quickstick DVB-T working well with the Yakumo SW except for the subtitles so I bought the DVBViewer - and after 2 hours of errorsearching, internetsearch and DBA-driver install I also ended up here and read that I had to do a channelsearch.

So I go to the Channellist+Scan Channels. I set Reception type Terrestic, frequency 714000-714000 (the danich spectrum for now) - and see now that Current Device (shown at the bottom) is DVB File Device.

Not a problem - just read the manual, and under Settings+options+Hardware I see my right device: Digital TV Receiver. Now the manual says that the Current Device is changed under DerectX options - but here I stall: the manual says this, but the field Current Device does not exist???

What should I do?????

• 3 weeks later...

Í have some problem dvb po wiewer lastet beta. dvb not foound nebula digitv usb masteer. A oldetr version 3.26 have found nebula hadware but not found any chanall. did you know nebula usb working dvb pro? I have try a hardware working many software. I never cord working nebula usb bda divers. I thing divers might bugs.

• 2 weeks later...