SS1 support in nearly future?

Klausing

Hi,

i have a friend who saw the viewer on my pc. He want also have the viewer. But he have a SS1. Now i want to ask you if you are planing in nearly future to integrate SS1 support? If you say yes, when similarly?

cheers

Steffen

Guest hackbart

Hmm, i already thought about supporting other cards (theoretically it would not be that hard to add twinhan&co - since they also use directshow).

Also the ss1 would be nice to implement, but since their usage is totally different from other cards (caused by their hardware decoder) i have to do a lot of brainstorm to get it run.

Otherwise it would not be the worst choise to install yet another dvb card :)

Christian

i have to do a lot of brainstorm to get it run.

and if you ask Epmak ;) I thought you had helped him with teletext for his winstbr and in my opinion his code will be open source. Maybe that you must not rewrite the complete Viewer because only an plugin. Other programms works with SS1 in softmode like DVBViewer and in also in hardwaremode.

I think in the softwaremode you dont need the hardwaredecoder. But im not a programmer. It was only an idea. :)

cheers

Steffen

Guest DAvenger

I think we will definitely manage to solve this 'problem'. Support for the other DVB cards is the top priority for DVBViewer 2.0 ;)

Adding support for other cards in the current stage would probably result in a huge increase of bugs etc. :)

I can give you a hand, if you plan to implement SS1 support, but you will have problems when you're using delphi, because the SDK is using Microsoft Foundation Classes....

DVBCore would work fine, but this is, for some reasons, not the best way in my eyes ...

There was a wrapper API done by Michael Ring someday, but don't know how far he implemented it. This Delphi-SDK was even released by technotrend someday! So maybe this could be a way to get it work.

Solong :)

DAvengers words in Gods ears...

... a huge increase of bugs etc. ...

Maybe using plugins or different versions for different cards ?!