Cannot render mediafile, error: 0x80040218

Mikeboy

Cannot render mediafile, error: 0x80040218 (No combination of filters could be found to render the stream)

Hello,

Whenever I set up DVBViewer to record a program, using Task Scheduler it fails with the error message above. I would come home and the message is on the screen.

This started happening last week after I upgraded to V3.5.0.1. I have got the final release from the members section, even though it does say beta in the properties. I formatted and reinstalled everything over the weekend, installing latest Nvidia drivers, latest DVBViewer, latest Hauppauge drivers, latest everything.

Then I set up a few programs to test it was recording ok, and they all recorded successfully. So I set it up last night to record a program this afternoon, I came home from work and got this error message again..

It seems that it only happens if I lock the computer. Like I say though it works if I set up a recording for say the next half hour, turn off DVBViewer, and leave computer on. It only seems to fail when I've left it locked.

Thank you very much

ps I've searched forum and found nothing, searched Google and found nothing relevant.

Mike

-----------------------------

Required Info attached..

DVBViewer Version: 3.5.0.1

DVBSource Path: d:\Program Files\DVBViewer\Filters\PushSource.ax

DVBSource Version: 2.8.0.0

DirectX: 9.0c

nForce2 chipset, 6600GT, XP2600+, Hauppauge HVR1100

Nvidia Forceware 91.31

Nvidia PureVideo Decoder - latest

support.zip

Edited by Mikeboy

this is it

untitledxi2.jpg

I can confirm it only happens if I lock the PC with a recording set up.

First I thought it was my screensaver, conflicting with something, but I have no screensaver set up.

Edited by Mikeboy

Hi hdv!

I do believe that has worked ! :bye:

I never realised what that option did, that is much better.

The real test will be tomorrow, I'll set it up now for the program tomorrow afternoon at 1730. Fingers crossed.

THank you again

Hi,

Quick update - yep that worked

I do agree that disabling AV is a very good idea, but is there any reason why it fails when the AV is not disabled, when it worked in previous versions?

Thanks

M

Hallo,

some videodecoder dont like to work immediately after the pc weak up from hibernate or standby

they need some time after the weak up to work correctly

under "options -> Recordings" you can make the option Default disable AV, then every timer would to be disable AV

:bye:

• 2 weeks later...