EPGplus

Rayman

EPGplus (Details below):

Current Version: 1.3.1, Date: 18th Apr. 2013

Zur deutschen Beschreibung hier entlang.

Information about the current release

You might need the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package in order to run EPGPlus.

Download from the DVBViewer Members Area

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

the EPGplus plugin is now available with multilanguage support! Currently supported: English, Deutsch, Danish. EPGplus runs the same language as set in the DVBViewer options. If someone wants to provide a translation to a specific language, just drop me a PM :-)

EPGplus uses all the data (channel lists, favorites, epg) from DVBViewer Pro 3.x and provides the following features:

* Automatic EPG search with arbitrary number of search terms and multiple search criteria
* Automatic programming of DVBViewer videorecorder/reminder from the search results
* Automatic correction if start time of recordings slightly changes in EPG after programming

post-7796-0-75668300-1484951057_thumb.gif

* Reminder for automatic or manual programmed recordings

* Automatic channel tuning before reminded program starts
* Reminder with OSD display and/or user defined sound

post-7796-0-51177600-1484951067_thumb.jpeg

* EPG TV-Guide with channellist/favorites from DVBViewer, switch to channel by double clicking a column

post-7796-0-29655600-1484951063_thumb.gif

EPGplus runs in the background and is started and terminated with DVBViewer. EPGplus can be called from the Plugins menu of DVBViewer, from the system tray or by pressing 'Shift+Ctrl+E'.

Happy testing! :-)

Stefan.

Edited by Rayman
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the english version. It is very nice.

One bug I found, it does not show channel logos correctly. We have chennels MTV3, MTV3+ and Nelonen, Nelonen Plus in both cases EPGplus shows the "+" channel logo and not the right one (like DVBV shows).

In nice to have list I would put also a filter or catecory for radio channels

One bug I found, it does not show channel logos correctly.

Thank you for the bug report. I know about the problems regarding the logos and I'll keep on working at this issue.

In nice to have list I would put also a filter or catecory for radio channels

Sorry, I did'nt get this. Could please describe a little bit more in detail?

Stefan.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

EPGplus 1.0.4 is available >here<.

There is support for the following languages now:

Deutsch, English, Danish, Suomi, French, Italian

Version 1.0.4 contains several bug-fixes as well as new functions. E.g. the right-click context menu for the tv-guide where one can choose google-, imdb- search or find repetitions etc.

Version 1.0.4 (14.09.2006)

- Add: Language Italian (Thanx to Gioxy)

- Add: Language Suomi/Finish (Thanx to IRa)

- Add: Language French (Thanx to Christophe)

- Add: Left click on system-tray icon now toogles EPGplus window

- Add: Right-click context menu for tv-guide (google, imdb search, record, remind etc.)

- Fix: Colouring for reminder/recording entries in tv-guide

- Fix: Quicksearch not working

- Fix: "Guru meditation" when searching for '*'

- Fix: Down scale tv-station logos if too large in tv-guide header

- Fix: Inactive recordings no longer generate an EPGplus OSD event

Best,

Stefan.

I just installed the EPGplus plugin. It shows on the DVBViewer Pro plugin menu as well as in the systray when I start DVBViewer Pro 3.5.1

My main problem is that it doesn't display any TV programs. Some of the channels have the incorrect logo but even the ones that display the correct channel name still show "No EPG".

I checked the EPG in DVBViewer Pro and it is working fine.

My main problem is that it doesn't display any TV programs. Some of the channels have the incorrect logo but even the ones that display the correct channel name still show "No EPG". I checked the EPG in DVBViewer Pro and it is working fine.

The status bar at the bottom of the EPGplus window shows the current number of EPG data sets. Do you have a relatively large number there? Does EPG search give any results when you search for common keywords?

Make sure you choose the right category for the tv-guide display! Try different categoies using the listbox at the top-right corner above the tv-guide and even your favorites.

The status bar at the bottom of the EPGplus window shows the current number of EPG data sets. Do you have a relatively large number there? Does EPG search give any results when you search for common keywords?

Make sure you choose the right category for the tv-guide display! Try different categoies using the listbox at the top-right corner above the tv-guide and even your favorites.

The status bar shows 0 ERG entries.

I tried every category from the dropdown box and they all showed 0 EPG entries.

cheers

@wheelie

Ehm ehm... of course you already have:

• setted "Receive MediaHigway EPG Data" from 'Options - EPG/Teletext'

• setted "Do Not Receive EPG Data" from the same page

• configured a *proper MediaHighWay transponder* in 'Options - SiehFern/MHW'

• tuned in some channel from that TP and waited until DVBviever has said to you tath's enough... (it took ~2 min. on my PC for Sky-Italy)

• tuned in another channel

• updated EPG data in EPGplus clicking 'Update EPG' in the EPGplus window menu (clicking on his upperleft corner icon)...

Or don't you??? :bye:

@wheelie

Ehm ehm... of course you already have:

• setted "Receive MediaHigway EPG Data" from 'Options - EPG/Teletext'

• setted "Do Not Receive EPG Data" from the same page

• configured a *proper MediaHighWay transponder* in 'Options - SiehFern/MHW'

• tuned in some channel from that TP and waited until DVBviever has said to you tath's enough... (it took ~2 min. on my PC for Sky-Italy)

• tuned in another channel

• updated EPG data in EPGplus clicking 'Update EPG' in the EPGplus window menu (clicking on his upperleft corner icon)...

Or don't you??? :bye:

no I haven't actually. The installation instructions were just extract archive to plugins folder, so that's what I did. There doesn't seem to be any English help file so I had no idea what else to do.

I'll give your instructions a go.

Many thanks

cheers

BTW how do I find a proper MediaHighWay transponder for Brisbane, Australia?

Edited by wheelie
I'll give your instructions a go.

Tath's all you need to do...

...once you know the settings for a interesting MHW provider:

they aren't many, and I haven't an update list :)

The only one I know well is the Italian TV weekly EPG (from SkyItalia bouquet):

it's on HotBird 13°E at TP 11355V and the channel to tune in (it's a radio channel) is 'EPG MHW'...

:bye:

Wow! My sister is actually in Birsbane! :)

No, unfortunately I don't know what sat do you have in your sky, and till now I haven't find a reliable (and apdated) list of MHW provider in Internet...

Perhaps a clue (but... uh!, very hard to obtain...) is to use TransEdit to analize the stream of all the transponder you are capable to tune, searching for some "signal of live" on pid 210 or 211 (dedicated to MHW)... if you only find that are active you can try to use that trasponder to cach the MHW...

But I don't know if the MHW is a world standard or a European exclusive... :bye:

Let us know on this if you succeed (and if not...)!

:D

Edited by Gioxy
The status bar shows 0 ERG entries.

You won't see any EPG in the tv-guide of EPGplus as long as the status bar shows '0 EPG entries'. This number displays the total count of EPG data-sets that EPGplus received from the DVBViewer at startup. As Gioxy said, you may trigger the update by hand ("Update EPG" in the system menu) - but usually this should not be necessary.

I wonder why EPGplus does not receive any EPG from the DVBViewer in your case. You said that the EPG entries were displayed within DVBViewer. To be sure, is this the case?

Wow! My sister is actually in Birsbane! :bye:

No, unfortunately I don't know what sat do you have in your sky, and till now I haven't find a reliable (and apdated) list of MHW provider in Internet...

Perhaps a clue (but... uh!, very hard to obtain...) is to use TransEdit to analize the stream of all the transponder you are capable to tune, searching for some "signal of live" on pid 210 or 211 (dedicated to MHW)... if you only find that are active you can try to use that trasponder to cach the MHW...

But I don't know if the MHW is a world standard or a European exclusive... :)

Let us know on this if you succeed (and if not...)!

:bye:

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll see if I can get something to work.\

cheers

I wonder why EPGplus does not receive any EPG from the DVBViewer in your case. You said that the EPG entries were displayed within DVBViewer. To be sure, is this the case?

Yes that's right every channel displays EPG data for now and next program but I did not have "Do Not Receive EPG Data" ticked.

cheers

Yes that's right every channel displays EPG data for now and next program but I did not have "Do Not Receive EPG Data" ticked.

If you open the epg window in the DVBViewer directly, is there data shown?

You could do a cross check with the webserver control from the membersarea. you don't have to install the streaming stuff only start the DVBViewer and then HTTPServer.exe and open the page http://localhost[:Your Port]/ to check if you see any epg there. (see readme for more details of the webserver)

Am I correct if I assume that this plugin only works if you have access to MediaHighway data?

No, the plugin only works if you have epg-data in the DVBViewer. If it comes from the eit, mhw or sfi is of no concern, as long as it is in the DVBViewer :)

If you open the epg window in the DVBViewer directly, is there data shown?

yes

You could do a cross check with the webserver control from the membersarea. you don't have to install the streaming stuff only start the DVBViewer and then HTTPServer.exe and open the page http://localhost[:Your Port]/ to check if you see any epg there. (see readme for more details of the webserver)

OK I did that and the EPG appears in Internet Explorer (but not in Firefox). Quite nice actually. Still nothing shown in EPGplus tho.

ok since the webserver uses the same com interface functions as the epgplus plugin, i think it could be a problem in epgplus itself...

It seem's so. But I have no idea about possible reasons for this behaviour, since no one encountered this before (even not me during development).

The COM interface of EPGplus seems to work correctly since the categories and channels are retrieved and displayed.

Stefan.

Yeah I know, I must confess I'm a little clueless myself. Something with the EPG in australia must be different. But on the other hand, I use also the the epg-function in the webserver although I do intime queries (but this is nothing else as the query of epgplus at the beginning).

@wheelie

Would you please zip your epg.dat and channels.dat and send it to me via pm, so I may have a look into it?

• 1 month later...

I have exactly the same problem. My EPGplus has been working perfectly for some time, but now I have no epg for the present day, the next day is OK, and days after also have some epg entries. The EPG in DVBViewer is working perfectly.

I'm not sure but I think EPGplus stopped working for me at the weekend 29 Oct 2006 when the clocks changed from Summer to wintertime in the UK.

I do hope it can be fixed as EPGplus is great and I miss using it.

If there's a fix please let me know. Thanks.

Edited by forties2
I have exactly the same problem. My EPGplus has been working perfectly for some time, but now I have no epg for the present day, the next day is OK, and days after also have some epg entries. The EPG in DVBViewer is working perfectly.

I confirm this error. I'm looking for a solution to this problem at the moment.

Stefan.

My EPGplus has been working perfectly for some time, but now I have no epg for the present day, the next day is OK, and days after also have some epg entries. The EPG in DVBViewer is working perfectly.

This bug and the wrong recorder programming has been solved. Please download the new intermediate version 1.0.4.5 to get rid of this issue.

The bug was due to the change of the daylight-saving-time (DST) at the end of october and a miscalculation in EPGplus.

Best,

Stefan.

This bug and the wrong recorder programming has been solved. Please download the new intermediate version 1.0.4.5 to get rid of this issue.

The bug was due to the change of the daylight-saving-time (DST) at the end of october and a miscalculation in EPGplus.

Best,

Stefan.

Thanks very much for being so quick Stefan.

Hi Stefan

I just came about your plugin today and I must say, this is the second to last functionality I needed before my DVBViewer experience was complete. I came from the MCE2005 world and loved the way I could schedule a series and then forget about them. This is so much better, more flexible and seems to work very nicely.

I just have a few requests or wishes if you like:

- The ability to access the EPGPlus from a webbrowser on another PC, would enable me configure the recording I like, but without having to use my remote, let alone sit on the floor with my keyboard and mouse ;-)

- Since I record a lot of series and recurring shows, the ability to just keep one or any number of shows would save me a lot of time, and prevent that I run out of space constantly.

Thanks for your great effort making our media experience complete :(

Best regards

Henrik Badsted

Copenhagen, Denmark

PS. The last thing I need for my Media Center is the ability to use my DVBViewer PC as a server and play the recordings using a hardware based Media and DVD player with the ability to play a .ts file and show the imbedded DVB subtitles. The first requirement has been fulfilled by many of the later Media Players, but I have not yet found one that can play more than the Audio/Video PID's.

Guest Lars_MQ
The ability to access the EPGPlus from a webbrowser on another PC, would enable me configure the recording I like,

Well it may not have all the really nice and useful features of epg plus, but to program a recording via webinterface you could use the webserver for DVBViewer.

Hi Henrik,

The ability to access the EPGPlus from a webbrowser on another PC, would enable me configure the recording I like, but without having to use my remote, let alone sit on the floor with my keyboard and mouse ;-)

Actually, there is no plan to arrange such a feature now. Maybe VNC could be a solution for you, there you can control anything :-) Or, as Lars mentioned, try the DVBViewer Webserver.

- Since I record a lot of series and recurring shows, the ability to just keep one or any number of shows would save me a lot of time, and prevent that I run out of space constantly.

Hmm, I think that might be a feature of the DVBViewer itself rather then of EPGplus. But I will keep this in mind.

Stefan.

Maybe VNC could be a solution for you

I think that his is a very good advice on a local network. I have installed UltraVnc on all my house computers and that's very convenient. I can even use it to remotely kick off my kids from the (DVBViewer)TV :bye:

Edited by jf2020
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I might be being dim, but..... I don't understand how you would use this to record a series (i.e. events which don't yet show in the 7 day EPG). Or is this not a function of this?

Also, the UK Freeview BBC channel names do now show correctly, they all show as BBC World.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Could it be possible to build EPGPlus so that in search terms you could also use operators like OR, AND, NOT

Another wish is that you could optionally adjust separate valus for time before and time after instead of using those of DVBViewer.

EPGplus is still having that feature of showing wrong channle icons.

Hi IRa,

Could it be possible to build EPGPlus so that in search terms you could also use operators like OR, AND, NOT

I already thought about those operators. I already did some test implementations. The problem was, that the overall search using logical operators was *really* slow :-( Maybe I will find a way to improve my code.

Another wish is that you could optionally adjust separate valus for time before and time after instead of using those of DVBViewer.

The initial version of EPGplus had these separate time values. After some user feedback I removed them. Do you think its *really* necessary?

EPGplus is still having that feature of showing wrong channle icons.

This bug has been fixed in the upcoming version 1.0.5.

Best,

Stefan.

Edited by Rayman
The initial version of EPGplus had these separate time values. After some user feedback I removed them. Do you think its *really* necessary?

Reason I am asking for it is since I use DVBViewer also for radio recordings. I have default after and before times set according movie recordins but in radio recordings audiorecorder plugin is needed (for MP3) and it can not handel recordings which are overlapping so I must edit each start and end time manually afterwords toavoid conflict.