EPGplus

Rayman

This plug-in may be just what I am looking for. Unfortunately I am working away for the next 10 days so I cant try it. But just how remote control friendly is this plug-in. could access all its search and record functions with my MCE remote.

This plug-in may be just what I am looking for. Unfortunately I am working away for the next 10 days so I cant try it. But just how remote control friendly is this plug-in. could access all its search and record functions with my MCE remote.

EPGplus neither has an OSD-Interface (yet) nor has it native support for remote controls. It behaves like any other Windows application. Maybe you can program your remote somehow to use some functions.

Btw: I also will be away for vacation the next days :-)

Stefan.

Feels like a stupid question, but I don't have the answer myself...

If I don't want to use EPGPlus at all, how do I "uninstall" it? DVBViewer is asking for the EPGPlus.exe if I rename all the EPGPlus files.

/Ola

Why?

Just remove the Files, at least move the EPGplus.dll to a other Folder.

Why? -Because if I had deleted all files and later found out that DVBViewer kept asking for it (which happened), I had to download it one more time just to get rid of the error message.

However...I renamed all files by altering the file extension, for example EPGplus.dll is EPGplus.dll1 which I thought was eqvivalent to deleting/moving the EPGPlus files...

• 2 weeks later...
Hallo Rayman, would it be possible that you make the search urls configurable ?

www.imdb.com gives me @ german TV stations only an error while german.imdb.com works.

regards

Hi, I think thats possible - I'll think about how to do this :-)

Stefan.

Thanks for great plugin

Would it be possibleto make cannels shown in EPG view configutable.

I have first channel in list "trash channel" in order to make remote control usage easier. So I don't want it to be shown in EPG listing

Wood it be possible to make a version op EPGplus that is not checking if there is already an recording scheduled in (partly) the timespan that EPGplus wants to schedule an other recording. I regularly miss recordings because they were not scheduled by EPGplus. This makes it necessary to regularly check the “Results for search terms” list in EPGplus to check if everything is in the DVBViewer recording list.

If possible, don't schedule recordings that have exactly the same start and stop time as a recording already in the recording list. This is because I have double reception of several TV programs (by Satellite and by cable), and with most TV programs the of name the program is not spelled exactly the same on satellite and cable (for example “NED1” and “Nederland1” or “RTL4” and “RTL 4”), so you can not compare the program names but only the start and stop times.

I have a set-up with two FireDTV receivers (one DVB-S and one DVB-C) with makes it possible to make up to about four recordings at the same time. Many evenings I make three recordings at the same time because usually all interesting programs are at about the same time in the evening.

Some other (less important) request are:

Not to schedule recordings without a station name. This happens with me because the EPG data that a get from my cable company includes also stations that I don't have in my channel list (not FTA stations, for with a don't have a subscription).

Wood it be possible to lower the process priority? Sometimes an EPG search of EPGplus disrupts the playback of a recording.

Wood it be possible to put the “search terms” list in alphabetical order. I have at the moment 77 search terms in the list, so checking if a search term is already in the list is a bit tricky.

In my view EPGplus is the best and a “not to miss” plug-in for DVBViewer.

Wood it be possible to make a version op EPGplus that is not checking if there is already an recording scheduled in (partly) the timespan that EPGplus wants to schedule an other recording. I regularly miss recordings because they were not scheduled by EPGplus.

The alpha testing of the upcoming EPGplus version 1.0.5 is nearly finished. The new version completely changes the handling of recordings. You (EPGplus) can schedule as much recordings (at the same time) as you want, they will all be scheduled in DVBViewer. Nevertheless, conflicting timers will just be red highlighed in the reminders tab - the same way DVBViewer already does in the recordings window.

Not to schedule recordings without a station name. This happens with me because the EPG data that a get from my cable company includes also stations that I don't have in my channel list (not FTA stations, for with a don't have a subscription).
This was a bug, which is also fixed in EPGplus 1.0.5.

Wood it be possible to lower the process priority? Sometimes an EPG search of EPGplus disrupts the playback of a recording.
This is a hard thing, I know. I'll get into that and try to fix what's possible.

Wood it be possible to put the “search terms” list in alphabetical order. I have at the moment 77 search terms in the list, so checking if a search term is already in the list is a bit tricky.
Yes, that is possible :-)

In my view EPGplus is the best and a “not to miss” plug-in for DVBViewer.

:bye:

Best,

Stefan.

EPGplus Version 1.0.5

>Download<

There is a new update for EPGplus and a lot of improvements are included:

Version 1.0.5 (18.02.2007)

- Fix: "No EPG" and recorder programming error due to non daylight saving time (DST)

- Fix: Improved routine for determining channel logos in TV-Guide

- Fix: Removed restriction of one timer per time. In case of conflicts overlapping timers were highlighted in red.

- Fix: Invalid search results with empty channel names

- Fix: EPGplus is restarted when calling from DVBViewer-Plugin Menu if it was shutdown before

- Fix: Lower process priority for EPGplus

- Add: Schedule recordings for different directories (see DVBViewer Options - Recorder)

- Add: Use title instead of program as filename for recordings

- Add: Right click context menu for reminder to change item to enabled/disabled, remind/record

- Add: Right click context menu for search terms and search results

- Add: Display short tooltip about next scheduled DVBViewer activities when closing DVBViewer (see settings)

- Add: Title column in search results

- Add: Settings tab (moved reminder settings)

- Add: New icon set (Thanx to: Joseph North, Daniel (Rago) Korelko)

- Add: Keyboard-Shortcuts:

F1, F2, F3, F4: Selects Page (TV-Guide, Reminder, EPG-Search, Settings)

F5: Refresh current page

ESC: Minimze EPGplus

Best,

Stefan.

Hi,

it seems to be a very good and usable plugin ... but ... does it work only for the PRO version?

I tried it in the GE, but there is no reaction ... and in the forum it doesn't say anything about that ...

Thanks

Isidar :)

sorry reading the german file I got it ... it definitely works ONLY with the PRO ... that'a pity :arrow:

"ist eine unterstützung für den DVBViewer-ge geplant?

Die GE bietet keine COM schnittstelle, also kann das nicht gehen.

Und hättest Du den Text von Rayman gelesen, wäre dir sicher das "DVBViewer Pro 3.x " aufgefallen..."

bye

Isidar :)

Edited by Isidar
  • 1 month later...

I'm experiencing a small problem with EPGPlus today (probably due to British Summer Time coming into effect overnight) - no EPG is shown at all. From midnight tonight the listings are all fine but for today there is nothing at all. Yesterday evening (before BST) the listings for today were being shown.

If I set the computer clock to tomorrow then the listings for tomorrow are fine, so it looks like it's just today that was affected (so hardly a big problem) but does anyone know why it's happening?

The only other small niggle is that EPGPlus doesn't save its window size after closing and re-opening DVBViewer. Is there any way around this?

One last question. Am I right in thinking that EPGPlus requires that you run DVBViewer, both to get EPG Updates and to do the automatic timer setting? Right now, I set a 15 minute watch timer for around 4am (when one of my four tuners is almost guaranteed to be free). Is this the best way to get complete automation (i.e. if I'm going away on holiday and won't be using DVBViewer itself).

Keep up the good work. Thanks to this plugin I can finally completely ditch Windows Media Center.

Edited by CX23882-19
I'm experiencing a small problem with EPGPlus today (probably due to British Summer Time coming into effect overnight) - no EPG is shown at all. From midnight tonight the listings are all fine but for today there is nothing at all. Yesterday evening (before BST) the listings for today were being shown.
I confirm this error. It is due to the summer time change. I'll try to fix this bug ...

The only other small niggle is that EPGPlus doesn't save its window size after closing and re-opening DVBViewer. Is there any way around this?
Other users also encountered this problem. I'll also go into this and check why this happens for a small group of users.

One last question. Am I right in thinking that EPGPlus requires that you run DVBViewer, both to get EPG Updates and to do the automatic timer setting?
Yes, you're right. EPGplus is directly connected to the DVBViewer via the COM-Interfeace. This requires DVBViewer running to have EPGplus working.

Best,

Stefan.

Hello

a minor bug:

Danish upercase characters are removed. Example: Program name: "Lille NØRD" is shown as "Lille NRD". The character Ø is dumped

I think it is the same with all 3 Danish characters in uppercase: ØÆÅ

a wish:

The default action for "action for search result" is do nothing. It would be nice if it was Record instead, or even better: remember the last choices and reuse them

• 5 weeks later...

I have problems getting MyXMLTV usable with Spanish Channels. I tried serveral tvguide.xml sources, but no lucky:

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=18111

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=17098

It seems that MyXMLTV development has stopped almost two years ago. Should be possible to have an XMLTV import function in EPGPlus?

The source I'm intersting in (this interstest is shared by all spanish users) is this:

http://www.kubycsystem.com/web/index.php?module=kubycguia

The page is in Spanish. I hope the screenshots can help to understand it. Anyway the updated .xml sources are under the item "Descarga Manual de los ficheros" almost at the bottom of the page.

Thanks in advance. Great plugin!

Edited by extremeno
  • 2 weeks later...
Should be possible to have an XMLTV import function in EPGPlus?

Originally, I thought about a function like EPG import from external sources into DVBViewer through EPGplus. At the moment this still requires further developments and also some restructuring of EPGplus. There are some EPG-importers for DVBViewer available which work more ore less well, I guess!?

Question to all: Would it be usefull to have an import function for EPG from external sources into DVBViewer through EPGplus?

Best,

Stefan.

@Rayman:

I belive you already know about MyXMLTV, but in case you forgot/don't know, it is made by Lars_MQ (that maybe could be happy to share with you code & tips :bye:)

And yes, considered that MyXMLTV development seems to be stopped, I think that there is a number of people that would find very useful to add a XMLTV.file importer in EPGplus (possibly enhanced to the last XMLTV DTD ;)): for several people/country the XMLTV files are the only source for a 7day EPG...

:)

I would wait a little with such a project, cause I'm planing to make a access library to unify access to the DVBViewer, DVBservice or offline data. So you simply use this library and it takes care of connecting to the viewer, the service or directly with the files.

It will use a subset of the DVBViewer COM-Interface, so the changes should be very little. Remember I'll have to use this lib myself for the webserver and several import utilities, so I will be really careful not to change too much and have to rewrite everything cause of this lib. ;)

@Rayman, if you are interessted and have suggestions or wishes feel free to contact me. :bye:

I would wait a little with such a project, cause I'm planing to make a access library to unify access to the DVBViewer, DVBservice or offline data. So you simply use this library and it takes care of connecting to the viewer, the service or directly with the files.

Will this new library be usable with Borland C++ Builder or only with Delphi ?

• 2 months later...
@wheelie

Ehm ehm... of course you already have:

• setted "Receive MediaHigway EPG Data" from 'Options - EPG/Teletext'

• setted "Do Not Receive EPG Data" from the same page

• configured a *proper MediaHighWay transponder* in 'Options - SiehFern/MHW'

• tuned in some channel from that TP and waited until DVBviever has said to you tath's enough... (it took ~2 min. on my PC for Sky-Italy)

• tuned in another channel

• updated EPG data in EPGplus clicking 'Update EPG' in the EPGplus window menu (clicking on his upperleft corner icon)...

Or don't you??? >_<

I have just installed DVBViewer to access the free to view Satellite services in the uk.

I have unstalled a Technotrend S2-3200 card and talled DVBViewer, and gettingn a good picture. I a using teh astra 19 sateliite.

have aso installed the EPGPlus plugin, but i dont seem to be getting any updates...

Certainly the installation guide suggests that all youneed to do is to copy the files into the plugin directory...

Where does it say that I have to do the above?

I have got as far as "• configured a *proper MediaHighWay transponder* in 'Options - SiehFern/MHW'"

But unsure how to proced further.

Any information would be most appreciated...

Adrian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Adrian,

I didn't understand your problem completely.

have aso installed the EPGPlus plugin, but i dont seem to be getting any updates...

What do you mean by 'updates'? Do you see any EPG-data within the tv-guide of EPGplus? Do you see EPGdata in the EPG window of DVBViewer?

Certainly the installation guide suggests that all youneed to do is to copy the files into the plugin directory...

Extract all files from the EPGplus archive into the plugins folder of DVBViewer, e.g. C:\Programs\DVBViewer\Plugins.

EPGplus should then appear in the plugins section at the menubar in DVBViewer (after restart).

Best,

Stefan.

I have just installed DVBViewer to access the free to view Satellite services in the uk.

I have unstalled a Technotrend S2-3200 card and talled DVBViewer, and gettingn a good picture. I a using teh astra 19 sateliite.

I have got as far as "• configured a *proper MediaHighWay transponder* in 'Options - SiehFern/MHW'"

But unsure how to proced further.

Any information would be most appreciated...

Adrian

Thank you for replying.

I have installed EGPplus, and it has all the channes but it never seems to ahve any EPG data; yet alone to be able to get updates to allow me to set the program to record in advance.

Is there a simple how to confugure section somewhere.?

The post that i quoted had soem extra stages that well do not make sense to me. DVBViewer is a good program, but at the moment unable to use to set recordings ahead..

Edited by sapper

Isn't most of the UK EPG sent as Open-TV information via Sky? I belive I only get now and next on the FTA channels I get from 28.2 East. EPGPlus does not allow you to get more EPG than already is picked up with DVBViewer.

You could use myXMLTV and import EPG from a internet source if you're familiar with XMLTV stuff. Rayman has also hinted about EPG import via EPGPlus in the future.

Edited by boborg
  • 1 month later...

I seem to be having problems with timers that go past midnight.

For example, Supernatural starts at 23:00 and finishes at 00:00, according to DVBViewer's EPG. But the timer set by EPG Plus runs from 22:55 to 23:05. If I set a timer directly from DVBViewer's EPG, it runs from 22:55 to 00:05.

Does anyone else see this behaviour?

Edited by CX23882-19
Does anyone else see this behaviour?

Works alright with me. No difference if I use EPGPuls or DVBV EPG. (I tried with program that ends at 00:00 and 00:05)

Strange, I just tried with another programme that runs from 23:25 to 01:50 and that gets set correctly. But Supernatural from 23:00 to 00:00 is always set wrong. If I remove 5min padding, it creates a timer from 23:00 to 23:00.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I may have narrowed this down. If a programme starts at exactly 23:00 and finishes at exactly 00:00, the timer is created from 23:00 to 23:00. If it starts at 23:00 and finishes at 00:00, the timer is created correctly. If it starts at 23:00 and finishes at 00:05, the timer is correct.

So any programme, on any channel, that starts at 23:00 and finishes at 00:00 (as per the EPG) will not get set correctly by EPGPlus on my system. I'm running version 1.0.5 of EPGPlus with version 3.8.0.0 of DVBViewer. I can reproduce this 100%.

Edited by CX23882-19
If a programme starts at exactly 23:00 and finishes at exactly 00:00, [...] If it starts at 23:00 and finishes at 00:00 [...]

Where is the difference? :-)

So any programme, on any channel, that starts at 23:00 and finishes at 00:00 (as per the EPG) will not get set correctly by EPGPlus on my system. I'm running version 1.0.5 of EPGPlus with version 3.8.0.0 of DVBViewer. I can reproduce this 100%.

I see. I will check this issue this evening and report later.

Best,

Stefan.

Whoops! It should have read:

If a programme starts at exactly 23:00 and finishes at exactly 00:00, the timer is created from 23:00 to 23:00. If it starts at 23:30 and finishes at 00:00, the timer is created correctly. If it starts at 23:00 and finishes at 00:05, the timer is correct.

If a programme starts at exactly 23:00 and finishes at exactly 00:00, the timer is created from 23:00 to 23:00. If it starts at 23:30 and finishes at 00:00, the timer is created correctly. If it starts at 23:00 and finishes at 00:05, the timer is correct.

Unfortunately I could not reproduce this error. Maybe someone which receives Astra19° can check this: On next Monday, 24th Sep. there is "Planet Wissen" at EinsMuXx from 23.00 to 0.00.

No matter whether I select it by hand from the tv guide or automatically with epg search, it is programmed correctly from 23.00 to 0.00.

I also tried to change the settings for the timer offset before/after. Everything is ok with this. Which settings do you use there?

Stefan.

Could it be related to timezone handling? I'm in the UK, and we're currently at GMT+1. Is there anyone else in the UK who can try setting a timer for Supernatural on ITV1 on a Friday night, via EPGPlus and see what time it gets set for?

Regarding pre-/post- padding, it doesn't make any difference. If the padding is removed, a timer is created from 23:00 to 23:00. If 5 minute padding is used, a timer is created from 22:55 to 23:05.

Edit: Perhaps I could dump a Freeview TS and you could have a play with it?

Edited by CX23882-19

This does seem to be timezone related. If for example I set the timezone to Manual and GMT+0:00, the timer created is 1:00 in duration (although obviously an hour too early). If I set it to Manual and GMT+01:00, the timer is created 0:00 in duration, and similarly if I set it to Automatic (which implies GMT+1).

The question here is whether the problem is in EPGPlus or DVBViewer itself.

Edit: I've just downloaded DVBViewer 3.8.1. Beta and the problem is gone! :rolleyes:

Edited by CX23882-19
The question here is whether the problem is in EPGPlus or DVBViewer itself.

Well did you check it directly in the DVBViewer?

I don't think it's related to the timezone, more to the date handling (and maybe format) in epgplus. I think I remember I had a similar problem some time ago in the recording window...

Setting it directly from the DVBViewer EPG is not a problem. I have tried the 3.8.1.0 beta (from 3.8.0.0) and I no longer have this problem.

Has something related to this been fixed in 3.8.1?

Edited by CX23882-19
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Stefan, if you intend to make new versions please add also right click possibilty for google and IMDB Search in reminder and EPG search pages.

Now it is only available in TV guide page. It would be usefull to get more information about those programs that you have desided to record.