EPGplus

Rayman

Hi all,

the Memory leak has been fixed and I've uploaded Version 1.1.0.

Version 1.1.0 (09.11.2008) Bugfix-Release

- Fix: Memory leak: Performing EPG search caused EPGplus to consume more and more memory.

Download EPGplus 1.1.0.

Best,

Stefan.

I have problems with launching the version 1.1.0. It will not give any error message but the plugin will not load. My DVBViewer is v3.9.4 and I used to use EPGPlus v1.0.8. Any ideas where the problem could be?

I have problems with launching the version 1.1.0. It will not give any error message but the plugin will not load. My DVBViewer is v3.9.4 and I used to use EPGPlus v1.0.8. Any ideas where the problem could be?

In which folder do you have EPGplus.exe and EPGplus.dll? These (and the Language-subfolder) should be in DVBViewer/Plugins.

Do you see the the EPGplus entry in the Plugins menu of DVBViewer?

When DVBViewer is running you may start EPGplus.exe manually by double-clicking this file. Does this work?

Stefan.

> In which folder do you have EPGplus.exe and EPGplus.dll? These (and the Language-subfolder) should be in DVBViewer/Plugins.

Yes, the folder is DVBViewer/Plugins

> Do you see the the EPGplus entry in the Plugins menu of DVBViewer?

Yes, it is there.

> When DVBViewer is running you may start EPGplus.exe manually by double-clicking this file. Does this work?

Nope, behaviour is the same as is when loading the plugin automatically by DVBViewer or from DVBViewer's menu. I can see from Windows Task Manager that the process gets loaded but it disappears after 1 second.

behaviour is the same as is when loading the plugin automatically by DVBViewer or from DVBViewer's menu. I can see from Windows Task Manager that the process gets loaded but it disappears after 1 second.

This is strange and I don't have an idea about the reason for this. EPGplus should at least tell something if anything goes wrong. Since EPGplus is working for all the other users, there must be something with your system. Could you please post your support.zip - maybe me or someone else finds some clue towards the problem with your configuration.

Best,

Stefan.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any idea why Epgplus has been recently adding double entries of programs to record? See picture:

3251754.png

I have the most recent version of epgplus. I would not like to clean uninstall epgplus because i have so many recordings :[

support.zip

Edited by KrimReape

I encountered two bugs. First bug appears when epgplus starts (1). Maybe missing logo causes it? Second bug appears when programme name contains special character (2). Simply no programme name is displayed.

post-18219-1229869940_thumb.jpg

post-18219-1229869952_thumb.jpg

I encountered two bugs. First bug appears when epgplus starts (1). Maybe missing logo causes it? Second bug appears when programme name contains special character (2). Simply no programme name is displayed.

The first bug is known, it is caused by special characters (e.g. ':') in names of your programs in your DVBViewer channel list. Open your channel list and remove special characters from names of your stations. This will solve the first error.

The second bug is strange and difficult to reproduce since I dont have EPG with such special charakters. What is it, Czech?

Epgplus has been recently adding double entries of programs to record?

Was this a one-time phenomenon or is it still coming up with double entries?

Best,

Stefan.

Any idea why Epgplus has been recently adding double entries of programs to record?
I have also noticed the same thing recently. (maybe about 3..5 times during the last month) Edited by IRa
Epgplus has been recently adding double entries of programs to record?

Was this a one-time phenomenon or is it still coming up with double entries?

Best,

Stefan.

Seems it doesn't do it anymore. I reinstalled Epgplus and DVB Task Scheduler. When it was doing it, I would remove the double entry, do the epg-search with EPGplus, and it would add a new double entry :) It usually was some other recording that was 'doubled'.

Also a question:

EPGplus schedules a recording when it finds a keyword in a tv-program that matches, which happens about a week before the program comes from tv. If there happens to be a change in EPG, that shows the program is not being aired, can you make epgplus "update" the scheduling list and remove this program somehow?

Edited by KrimReape
If there happens to be a change in EPG, that shows the program is not being aired, can you make epgplus "update" the scheduling list and remove this program somehow?
I hope not, it happens more often that some channels lost their EPG data if DVBV is running hole the time, in that case recordings that will go now fine would be ignored.
The second bug is strange and difficult to reproduce since I dont have EPG with such special charakters. What is it, Czech?

Yes it is Czech. Only characters with wedge are affected, but there are lot of words with it. There is one channel CT24 broadcasted freely from astra at 19,2. You can try it.

CT24.ini

Any idea why Epgplus has been recently adding double entries of programs to record? See picture:

3251754.png

I have the most recent version of epgplus. I would not like to clean uninstall epgplus because i have so many recordings :[

Hello.

I can confirm this. It happens when you shutdown DVBViewer, and start it again. I think what make this is last entry in epgplus.ini. Version 1.0.8 doesn't do this. I have reinstallet epg+, but that doesn't help.

It happens when you shutdown DVBViewer, and start it again. I think what make this is last entry in epgplus.ini.
I just can't understand this double entry behavior. I tried to find some locig in it but no success. When this douple entry appears and I remove another one from timerlist (both DVBV and EPG+) it comes back if I restart DVBV. If I remove both of them and restart DVBV one comes back and after I restart DVBV again I get again douple entry. It is always the same program that comes, but why?. If I remove it from autoscheduler completely i don't get double entrys anymore from other autoscheduled programs but immeaditely I reprogram the autoscheduler (same entry as there was originally) it start cominng again, first one entry and after rerstar the second one. I also removed channel limitation from scheduler it then finds two different programs and after restart only the same one comes again.

Unfortenately I can not find any advice how to make this douple entry programming reprodusable since I can't find the similarites to fenomen. But in my experience it is not related to last entry in epgplus.ini.

Total mystery.

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed that there was another double entry. This time a little different. First i had scheduled "Duudsonit" and then some days later came a double entry called "Duudsonit (K13)" (forbidden under 13 years old), so i guess the tv-company made a slight change to the epg info? Maybe some tv-companies make small changes to epg-infos for some reason, thus the double entries.

Edited by KrimReape
Maybe some tv-companies make small changes to epg-infos for some reason, thus the double entries.
I don't think that is the reaseon. When (and if) you get one first and then clear all yor entrys in scheduler and shutt down and start DVBV (and EPG+ along) again you will get douple entries every time.

Hello everybody,

the "Double-Entry" behaviour is a strange thing, I have noticed this 1 time for me - I will investigate this further!

EPGplus schedules a recording when it finds a keyword in a tv-program that matches, which happens about a week before the program comes from tv. If there happens to be a change in EPG, that shows the program is not being aired, can you make epgplus "update" the scheduling list and remove this program somehow?

Actually, EPGplus is doing updates if there is a small time-deviation. If a new item is to be scheduled EPGplus checks whether there is an existing one. If there exists one and the time-difference to the new one is within a certain time-range, then EPGplus replaces or updates the old one with the new time.

I saw there where some changes in this checking routine - I assume it has to do with the double entry behaviour.

Removal of entries will be a critial thing, especially if something happens to the broadcasted EPG as mentioned by IRa. I wouldn't try this in the near future :-)

Stefan.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

The EPGplus-plugin is great! Thank you!

I have a question about its operation (I am using 1.1.0.27): How can I use reminder without having DVBViewer running? I'd like to use a reminder process that doesnt require an open, running TV screen. I would then start up the TV or it could be done automatically when the reminder activates.

I am using 3.9.4.0 version of DVBViewer.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Edited by eikka
I have a question about its operation (I am using 1.1.0.27): How can I use reminder without having DVBViewer running? I'd like to use a reminder process that doesnt require an open, running TV screen. I would then start up the TV or it could be done automatically when the reminder activates.

EPGplus is coupled to DVBViewer and it won't operate if DVBViewer isn't running. You need to run DVBViewer and EPGplus to auto-schedule new reminders.

But, take a look at the "DVB Task Scheduler":

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=4144

It will create entries for the Windows scheduler from DVBViewer reminders. Windows will then automatically start DVBViewer at the time when a reminder becomes active.

Best,

Stefan.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi IRa,

I start getting followin warning when opening EPGPlus, what might cause it ?

"Profile size field missing from iCCP chunk"

I've never seen this error before. After studying arround, I'm sure it comes from one of your station logos!

Logos are in PNG file format. The PNG file format supports embedding color profiles within the PNG file. One or more of your logos has such an icc profile. Did you change/update your logos recently? Maybe you are able to find out which one is causing this - maybe it has a different file size than the others?

Best,

Stefan.

Edited by Rayman
Did you change/update your logos recently? Maybe you are able to find out which one is causing this - maybe it has a different file size than the others?
Hi Rayman,

Yes I was updating logos. Logos are all PNG files but several different size which has never been a problem. Since everything worked OK in DVBV4.0 I removed all my logos from 4.0.10 beta and copied those from 4.0. They worked now OK. Then replacing one by one those which has been changed, now logos are exactly same as when this error message came but somehow now it dissapeared. But I acree it was logo related.

BTW is there some reason (maybe for character "&") why one of or channels doesn't show logo even the naming of PNG is OK. Channel name is "IskelmäTV Harju & Pöntinen" there is also channel "Iskelmä" which shows logo OK, so reason is not "ä"

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

an update for EPGplus is available. A bug in the current version caused EPGplus to miss some search results. This has been fixed.

Version 1.1.1 (03.03.2009) Bugfix-Release
- Fix:	EPG search missed some entries
- Fix:	Functions of right-click context menu in reminder showed strange behaviour in certain cases
- Fix:	Error 123 "Can not enumerate files in directory" in case when channels contain 
	  special characters like \*|:, e.g. in '[tru:] young tv'
- Add:	Changing the day on TV-Grid keeps cursor at selected column/channel

Download Version 1.1.1

Best,

Stefan.

Hi there,

Just downloaded the new version of EPGplus, but since using the newer version I cannot seem to stop a recording through the EPGplus window (when trying to delete it, from the reminders window).

I have to go to the DVBViewer menu, then Recording Statistics and delete it from there.

Any ideas on how/why this has happened?

using the newer version I cannot seem to stop a recording through the EPGplus window (when trying to delete it, from the reminders window). I have to go to the DVBViewer menu, then Recording Statistics and delete it from there.

Confirmed! This will be fixed within the next release.

Stefan.

will be fixed within the next release.
BTW is there some reason (maybe for character "&") why one of or channels doesn't show logo even the naming of PNG is OK. Channel name is "IskelmäTV Harju & Pöntinen" there is also channel "Iskelmä" which shows logo OK, so reason is not "ä"
Is there also solution for this (BTW DVBVserver web page shows logos OK but EPG+ doesn't)
  • 2 weeks later...
Important Information: There is still some undefined behaviour in EPGplus due to that time change.
Time change is coming soon again !!

If I search a program with EPG+ which is coming on next Sunday (after winter / summer time change), EPG+ will program it to be recorded on Monday.

Same unwanted behavior still exists.

Another issue, I get conflict with timers even there is none

post-11521-1238002014_thumb.jpg

Same unwanted behavior still exists.
Today (time change during last night) EPG+ does not show any EPG data for today, DVBViers does show them OK. They are shown on Monday and after that but Sunday is empty.

post-11521-1238335588_thumb.jpg

Today (time change during last night) EPG+ does not show any EPG data for today, DVBViers does show them OK. They are shown on Monday and after that but Sunday is empty.

This only happens on the same day when daylight saving time (DST) changes. Obviously, this mistake happens in the date-time-calculations which are done by the GUI framework EPGplus is based on.

I've included a workaround which fixes this. It will be included in the next release.

Stefan.

Edited by Rayman
  • 5 weeks later...

Sorry for not reading this whole thread to find out :bye: , can someone tell me if there a feature to show channels in order of how often you watch? Also, can you skip to a specific category of favourites?

can someone tell me if there a feature to show channels in order of how often you watch?

The DVBViewer itself already has such a feature. Press OSD red on your remote control while in normal viewing mode.

Also, can you skip to a specific category of favourites?

No, this is not yet possible with EPGplus.

Best,

Stefan.

The DVBViewer itself already has such a feature. Press OSD red on your remote control while in normal viewing mode.

Best,

Stefan.

Thanks Stefan! What I meant was not as DVBViewer has, the last watched channels, but the most watched channels so it would keep track of how many minutes, hours etc you watch each channel ever since you installed DVBViewer (or maybe you could adjust since last week, month etc)?

Edited by dvbrewer

Hi there,

I'm currently not have the time to read all the answers, so I'm sorry, if this things are already reported:

I'm using the brand new release 4.1.1 of DVBViewer. EPGplus it not automatically started. I put all the files of the zip file into the DVBViewer main folder. I can start it manually by launching the EPGplus.exe. But it seems so, that it's not possible to delete a timer (when I click delete, the list is flickering a short time and after that the timer is not deleted). When I press F5, the list is refreshed, but the timer still exists. This also happens for timer I added by the TV-Guide of EPGplus.

Would it be possible in the future to make a recurring timer without the great EPG-Search feature? I have some recodings with to much matches, so it would be nice, to create a time based timer for them.

All of all, it's a great thing. I've always locked for something like this, since I use DVBViewer.

Exceeder

EPGplus it not automatically started. I put all the files of the zip file into the DVBViewer main folder.

You need extract all the EPGplus files into the DVBViewer/Plugins folder - not the main folder!

But it seems so, that it's not possible to delete a timer (when I click delete, the list is flickering a short time and after that the timer is not deleted). When I press F5, the list is refreshed, but the timer still exists. This also happens for timer I added by the TV-Guide of EPGplus.

This is a known bug in the current version. It will be fixed with the next release.

ould it be possible in the future to make a recurring timer without the great EPG-Search feature? I have some recodings with to much matches, so it would be nice, to create a time based timer for them.

That's a nice idea - i will put it on my ToDo list :-)

What I meant was not as DVBViewer has, the last watched channels, but the most watched channels so it would keep track of how many minutes, hours etc you watch each channel ever since you installed DVBViewer (or maybe you could adjust since last week, month etc)?

This is also a good suggestion which I already had. It's also on the ToDo list, but still a little further away.

Best,

Stefan.

Edited by Rayman

I dont know why my qustion is not posted, so i try again.

I have made a fresh install of DVBViewer 4.1.1 and EPGPlus (1.1.1, build 77) but when i start EPGPlus i get this message: "DVBViewer did not deliver any EPG"

when i start EPGPlus

Why do you need to start EPGplus? Isn't it started automatically when starting DVBViewer?

i get this message: "DVBViewer did not deliver any EPG"

This message is followed by "... next check: ", that means if EPGplus doesn't receive any EPG from DVBViewer it will retry after 30 seconds. Did you wait this interval to see what happens then?

Is there any EPG shown in DVBViewer at all, e.g. in DVBViewer's EPG window itself?

Best,

Stefan.