EPGplus

Rayman

There seems to be inconsistencies between EPGPlus and DVBViewer WEB Interface or perhaps Epgplus doesn't pass the title correctly when it shows the timers from EPG search. In the EPGPlus EPG search tab the Program and Title are listed (these seem to correspond to Title and Subtitle in the DVB Web Interface), but in the Reminder tab the Program column lists the Title from EPG Search and no Title column is shown.

I'm not sure wether I got your issue right. First: Are you aware of the "File Naming Scheme" in DVBViewer Options -> Recordings? There you can include/exclude title, subtitle for timers etc. EPGplus doesn't use this scheme for it's timers yet, but it's on the ToDo list.

It's correct that EPGplus just shows the title in the reminder tab; it's the same as if you open DVBViewers Timer window. There is just one "description" field, whose entries are on EPGplus' reminder list.

You're right: EPGplus and the web interface may not share the same identifers on the user interface. EPGplus is strongly coupled to the DVBViewer, but not to the web interface (that I don't use and that was implemented by a different developer).

Best,

Stefan

The problem is not the file name but the name given in the reminder list which does not contain the subtitle. This is a real problem with multiple episodes in a series. Without the subtitle it's not possible to tell which episodes are duplicated.

The other problem I have just discovered with EPGPlus is that it's not possible to delete entries in the reminder list from within EPGPlus.

I hope this is a bit clearer now.

p.s. I am using the latest RS beta, and the 1.1.2 release of EPGPlus.

Edited by entrecour

The problem is not the file name but the name given in the reminder list which does not contain the subtitle. This is a real problem with multiple episodes in a series. Without the subtitle it's not possible to tell which episodes are duplicated.

I see your point! In fact the name in the reminder list will also be the file name, so if the subtitle is not there, it will also not appear in the filename. I will add this issue to my ToDo List.

The other problem I have just discovered with EPGPlus is that it's not possible to delete entries in the reminder list from within EPGPlus.

I assume some missbehaviour in conjunction with the recording service. Could you please temporarily disable the recording service, restart DVBViewer + EPGplus and check whether the problem with not deleteable items in the reminder remains?

Stefan.

I assume some missbehaviour in conjunction with the recording service. Could you please temporarily disable the recording service, restart DVBViewer + EPGplus and check whether the problem with not deleteable items in the reminder remains?

Yes, it's related to the recording service. When I disable it and run DVBViewer in standalone mode then I can delete a new reminder in EPGPlus. It also seems to check for duplicate recordings which I don't think is the case when RS is running.

• 2 months later...

Not really. Unfortunately you didn't give enough information so that I can't assume what's wrong with your system. You could try to delete your epg.dat in the DVBViewer configuration folder and see whether this helps.

Stefan.

Thanks for that - perhaps if you'd told me what information would help you diagnose the issue that would be helpful.

As it is I solved the issue myself.

Mark.

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I have a couple enhancement suggestions.

1) When you use the TV Guide with keyboard, and there are just a couple of TV-programmes in the channel between e.g. 20-22 o'clock, you

can't just go down using down arrow (e.g. like in this picture). To get to the next TV-programme at 22:00, you'd need to go left twice,

go down 5 times, and then right twice. It would be great, if you could use down arrow to get from "21:00 Todistettavasti syyllinen"

to "22:00 Kymmenen Uutiset".

post-108218-0-94778000-1350744153_thumb.png

2) I have a mouse with a clickable and tilting wheel as a center button (Logitech G7). I'd like if the tilting of the wheel to left or

right would control the slidebar in the bottom of the window (or the selected TV-programme). Since rolling the wheel controls the

slidebar on the right side, it would be logical if the tilting of the wheel controlled the bottom slidebar.

3) Since not everyone has such a mouse with tilting wheel, it would be great if that could be done in another way as well. E.g. placing

the pointer over the slidebar on the bottom of the page and scrolling up or down with the wheel. The pointer would stay in one place,

as well as the mouse, but the view would change (left or right). It would be somewhat nicer to use than dragging the slidebar on one

direction or the other.

4) when you click the tabs in the top of the window, it takes the focus off of the TV guide grid. And if you try to use the wheel to

go up and down the grid, it doesn't work. You have to put the focus on the grid by clicking any TV-programme and only then you can use

the wheel to go up and down. Similar approach as in item 3: If you put the mouse pointer on the slidebar on the right side of the window

and scroll with the wheel up or down, the view would go up and down.

Thank you very much for this very useful utility, I like it a lot!

I have a couple enhancement suggestions.

Thank you very much for your suggestions! I will put them on my ToDo-List!

I have a Microsoft Mouse with Tild-Wheel and tilding to left-and-right within the TV-Guide works for me: The guide is scrolled left and right (which I use all the time). Maybe there is some special setting in your Logitec Driver? However, I confirm that the focus of the TV-guide is lost when switching between Tabs.

I never use the keyboard within TV-guide (since it's so many data and mouse navigation is much faster). Thus, I didn't recognize the behaviour with the up-down-arrows - but you are right!

Best,

Stefan

Actually now that I changed something with setpoint (Logitech's mouse control software), I got the tilting to control the slidebar on bottom.

But unfortunately the grid did not move, nor the selected programme. And the up and down did not work at that time (focus was somewhere else).

I see the first 7 channels out of 12 favourites, no matter where the slidebar is (when controlled by the tilt wheel).

When I move the slidebar by dragging it or clicking the arrows, it works fine and I get to see the rest of the channels.

And when the focus was ok, scrolling up and down was ok, but the tilting was similar as when the focus was off (only the slidebar moved).

There was a "year 2012 bug" in EPGplus. It is fixed. Please update your version.

Download the latest version here.

A happy new year 2012 to all board members!

Stefan

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but seems that all the recordings that I've done in EPGplus for tomorrow, are recorded today.

In EPGplus the programmes are showing up as they are for tomorrow.

When DVBViewer is running without EPGplus, there's no problem.

When I start EPGplus, all the programmes from EPGplus are flowing in to DVBViewer and they are shifting to 1 day earlier (at least today, haven't checked them all).

Included a picture, where EPGplus was in the background, and the PVR window of DVBViewer in the front.

Tomorrows Formula1 race (Huomenna=tomorrow, yes, 28-10-12 is tomorrow), so EPGplus knows it correctly.

But when the timer is forwarded to DVBViewer, it mysteriously changed to today (27.10.2012).

post-108218-0-44160500-1351366024_thumb.png

I also tried to set the timer in DVBViewer's own EPG, without EPGplus running.

That timer was set perfectly ok.

I don't know if this problem is in EPGplus or DVBViewer, but when they are used together, this problem appears today/tomorrow.

It would seem that Monday's timers from EPGplus are on Monday on DVBViewer.

But timers that are supposed to be on tomorrow, are triggering today.

DVBViewer 4.9.6.20, EPGplus 1.1.2.120101 Patch2

Has anyone else seen this problem today?

Is is related to daylight saving chaging next night somehow?

EDIT: just a funny notice.. Today's timers are ok.

So currently I'm recording 2 different programmes from one channel at the same time.

One is correct timer, that is supposed to be recording and the second timer should be recording tomorrow.

But they are both on today.

The timers are shown in DVBViewer's PVR screen, as they were originally set in EPGplus (Big Brother, Alcatraz).

But the name of the files, as they appear in the recording directory are:

Big Brother_10-27_21-58-00.mpg

Entourage_10-27_22-28-00.mpg

Maybe it is more DVBViewer problem after all, but since I remembered seeing some year 2012 bug -statement here, I thought

that I'll put this here. And this only appears when using EPGplus (in addition with DVBViewer), as far as I see it.

Edited by Vellu
Is is related to daylight saving chaging next night somehow?

I currently don't have time to do an in-depth investigation. But changes in daylight saving time are always a little tricky.

I don't have differences between EPGplus and the DVBViewer Recordings list for today and tomorrow.

You should rely on the DVBViewers Recording list today, since thats the software doing the actual recordings :-)

I currently don't have time to do an in-depth investigation. But changes in daylight saving time are always a little tricky.

I don't have differences between EPGplus and the DVBViewer Recordings list for today and tomorrow.

You should rely on the DVBViewers Recording list today, since thats the software doing the actual recordings :-)

no worries :) It seems that it was just one day. I have a theory, though.. I hope that you can get forward with that.

My timezone is GMT+2 normally. During summertime, including the daylight saving 1 hour it's GMT+3.

Daylight saving changed on Sunday October 29th in the morning.

When EPGplus created those timers, both EPGplus and DVBViewer worked under GMT+3 timezone.

But those timers on Sunday 29th were occurring at the time when DVBViewer started to work under GMT+2 timezone.

So it may be that neither DVBViewer nor EPGplus are working incorretly as such, but when they work together in

situation like that, they produce such a problem.

When EPGplus sends the timers that are occurring after daylight saving changes to DVBViewer before daylight saving changes, how does it send them?

- daylight saving off (as the target time), gmt+2, timestamps -1 hour, i.e. EPGplus 'converting' the source time to target time, according to target time's timezone)

(e.g. current time 28.10 18:00, timer for 29th 19:00 - 20:00, --> timer delivered as daylight saving off, gmt+2, timer for 18-19)

- daylight saving off (as the target time), gmt+2, timestamps no change, i.e. EPGplus delivering timer as it was for today, letting DVBViewer notice that it's occurring after daylight saving change)

(e.g. current time 28.10 18:00, timer for 29th 19:00 - 20:00, --> timer delivered as daylight saving off, gmt+2, timer for 19-20, and let DVBViewer handle it)

- daylight saving on (as the source time), gmt+3, timestamps no change, i.e. EPGplus delivering timer as it was for today, letting DVBViewer notice that it's occurring after daylight saving change)

(e.g. current time 28.10 18:00, timer for 29th 19:00 - 20:00, --> timer delivered as daylight saving on, gmt+3, timer for 19-20, and let DVBViewer handle it)

- daylight saving on (as the source time), gmt+3, timestamps -1 hour, i.e. EPGplus 'converting' the source time to target time, according to target time's timezone)

(e.g. current time 28.10 18:00, timer for 29th 19:00 - 20:00, --> timer delivered as daylight saving on, gmt+3, timer for 18-19, and let DVBViewer handle it)

I'm not sure if I put those correctly and what information EPGplus is able to deliver to DVBViewer, but just to give my suspicion, that

it gets somehow wrong, because the source timezone (gmt+3) is not the same as target timezone (gmt+2) because of the daylight saving change.

I still don't know if it's DVBViewer or EPGplus, which causes the timer to exist on previous day... It could be DVBViewer, if it takes off 1 hour from target time midnight.

It would then get 23:00 o'clock during previous day, and then add the 19 hours (as in my example) to get timestamp 18:00, BUT not taking into account that a date changed again...

• 4 months later...

Version 1.2 is now available:

Version 1.2

- Fix: Executable permission handling in Windows 7.

- Fix: Inactive timers trigger EPGplus events.

- Add: Mouse dragging within TV guide grid

- Add: Flexible width of columns in TV guide, restored upon program restart. To change width, drag and drop any border within title bar of TV guide.

- Add: Improved keyboard navigation within TV guide.

Download Version 1.2

• 4 weeks later...

New version EPGplus 1.3

Version 1.3 (07. Apr. 2013)

- Change: Regular expressions in search terms are no longer supported.
- Add: Search patterns: +word -word wildcard*
- Fix: EPGplus grabs window focus from time to time
- Fix: Missing language files

Download at EPGplus homepage

Edited by Rayman
  • 2 weeks later...

New version EPGplus 1.3.1

Version 1.3.1 (18.04.2013)
- Fix:
Search algorithm problem with exclusion of words (minus -word)
- Fix: EPGplus steals window focus on startup
- Add:
Update to finish translation

Download from DVBViewer Members Area

Edited by Rayman
  • 7 months later...

I am trying to set up a series record, so I have used "add to epg search" to and then select "program video recorder with search results" to achieve this.

Each time I start DVBViewer, recordings are added to the timer list.

The problem is I am ending up with multiple timers for the same item. On saturday I ended up with one program being recorded 15 times.

It was working OK in the past, I have tried various versions of epgplus and recording service - could it be a windows 8.1 problem or am I making a silly mistake.

Running epgplus 1.3.1

Recording Service 1.26

DVBViewer Pro 5.2.8.1

Windows 8.1

Running epgplus 1.3.1

Recording Service 1.26

EPGplus is not designed to work in parallel with the Recording Service. You should either work with the Recording Service (that has a EPG search function as well) or EPGplus.

The only problem with multiple programmings by EPGplus occurs if the broadcast station slightly changes the title of the programs or if a program is sent on different channels at the same time. So your problem its a little bit difficult do reproduce. Could please sent my a screenshot of EPGplus with the multiple timers shown?

Edited by Rayman

Thanks for your reply, but I have managed to fix the problem, other strange things were happening like recordings were not shown in red on the DVBViewer epg, perhaps I didn't have the recording service options setup correctly.

I have done a complete uninstall/install of DVBViewer, also the recording service and all the plugins one at a time - previously I copied the programdata/CMUV files and the DVBViewer plugins area from windows 8 to my recent 8.1 installation.

• 3 years later...

Hi,

i'm pretty new with DVBViewer, coming from Win7 Mediacenter.

I liked the possibility to add recordings by searching for keywords and create series.

I realized EPGPlus is the right thing to use,a nd it seems to work like a charm.

unfortunately i have some issues with the recordingname and can't find a way to solve this or i do know what i did wrong.

each Descr has a "::1" at the end

<Timer Type="1" ID="{27EFBEF7-98C0-4880-B01C-B9B83A4D2D30}" Enabled="-1" Priority="50" Date="16.01.2017" Start="17:01:00" Dur="100" Action="0">
<Descr>Columbo::1</Descr>
<Options AdjustPAT="-1" AllAudio="-1" EITEPG="-1"/>
<Format>2</Format>
<Folder>Auto</Folder>
<NameScheme>%name.S01E01.%tshort-%station</NameScheme>
<Source>API</Source>
<Channel ID="2359890840129531246|zdf_neo"/>
</Timer>

is there a way to workaround this ?

each Descr has a "::1" at the end

is there a way to workaround this ?

See answer in the German thread. The number at the end of the description ::X tells DVBViewer what recording-folder to use, if multiple folders have been set in the DVBViewer options.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

EPGplus stopped working when using DVBViewer Version 6.0.

I will investigate whats happing - this might take a while.

13 hours ago, Rayman said:

EPGplus stopped working when using DVBViewer Version 6.0.

The reason is already known and will soon be fixed in a DVBViewer Pro 6.0 bugfix release (within a few days).

• 8 months later...
vor 3 Stunden schrieb rodjd:

The text can be zoom in EPG or EPG Plus ?

I don't understand the question. EPGplus itself does not have the ability to change the font size of the EPG.

Or to say it in your words "The text can not be zoom in EPG plus!"  :-P

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Folgende Info ist in EPG+ unter Update prüfen. Die HP ist aber nicht erreichbar. Hat sich da was geändert? (Version 48571560 klingt irgendwie unglaubwürdig :) )

image.png.88cd9c24f4e24250ac27c3286b242ddc.png

So Long...

Werner

Hallo,

EPGPlus ist jetzt im Mitgliederbereich zu finden! Die dort herunterzuladende Version ist 1.3.1. vom 20.01.2017.

Viele Grüße

Webturte

P.S. Vielleicht könnte man auch TimeShift+ dort zum Download anbieten oder die Seite von TimeShift+ überarbeiten. Der Download-Link dort ist echt schwer zu finden.

Edited by Webturtle
  • 2 months later...

I have recently started to experience timer conflicts when using EPGplus. I search for a program on a specific channel and get the appropriate list as shown below in list.jpg which shows the correct time and date. However when I select one of the programs to set the record schedule I get the error 'Timer conflicts with existing timer' The error description always shows a program date of 30/12/1899, however, if I then select OK the item is correctly entered into the Scheduled recordings list. I have completely reinstalled DVBViewer and EPGplus with the most recent versions but the error remains. The effect of this is that I have to enter each program individually after pressing the OK rather than being able to select the whole list and enter just once.

Error.JPG

List.JPG

vor 6 Stunden schrieb blues-riff:

I have recently started to experience timer conflicts when using EPGplus. I search for a program on a specific channel and get the appropriate list as shown below in list.jpg which shows the correct time and date. However when I select one of the programs to set the record schedule I get the error 'Timer conflicts with existing timer' The error description always shows a program date of 30/12/1899, however, if I then select OK the item is correctly entered into the Scheduled recordings list. I have completely reinstalled DVBViewer and EPGplus with the most recent versions but the error remains. The effect of this is that I have to enter each program individually after pressing the OK rather than being able to select the whole list and enter just once

EPGplus shows this error because DVBViewer responds with an error when trying to execute this action.

Could you please once close EPGplus and try to perfom the same action within the Recordings-Window of DVBViewer? Is there a similar message from DVBViewer?

• 8 months later...

I have the same issue. The timer is added there regardless of the error message.

Adding a series (adding a search item) does not produce the error.

That's the usual way of how I use EPGplus.

There' no error, if (EPGplus is shut off and) timer added from the EPG of DVBViewer itself.

I thought that I got it after getting a new computer and reinstalling everything, but seems it's not just me.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest markdavies1963@gmail.com

Hi, I cannot get this working. first it says that msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll are missing and when I put them in the plugins folder I get an error message, unable to start correctly 0xc000007b.

Please advise.

Am 31.3.2019 um 12:21 schrieb Gast markdavies1963@gmail.com:

Hi, I cannot get this working. first it says that msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll are missing and when I put them in the plugins folder I get an error message, unable to start correctly 0xc000007b.

See the remarks in the first post in this thread:

You might need the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (Link) in order to run EPGPlus.

• 5 months later...
On 7/5/2018 at 11:49 AM, blues-riff said:

I have recently started to experience timer conflicts when using EPGplus. I search for a program on a specific channel and get the appropriate list as shown below in list.jpg which shows the correct time and date. However when I select one of the programs to set the record schedule I get the error 'Timer conflicts with existing timer' The error description always shows a program date of 30/12/1899, however, if I then select OK the item is correctly entered into the Scheduled recordings list. I have completely reinstalled DVBViewer and EPGplus with the most recent versions but the error remains. The effect of this is that I have to enter each program individually after pressing the OK rather than being able to select the whole list and enter just once.

Error.JPG

List.JPG

I have still not been able to resolve this error. I have recently set up a new Windows 10 current version computer and installed DVBViewer and EPGplus but with the same result. Even though this error comes up the item is still added to the 'Timer Recordings'. Adding a scheduled recording from the DVBViewer program guide works fine with no errors. Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.

Blues-riff

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Would it be possible to add another option in the search terms entry?

An option to set lead time and follow-up time for each search would be very handy.

Since some shows are live, a longer follow-up time would be needed. Now I have to do that manually and keep track of scheduled recordings.

Kind regards!

• 8 months later...

Hallo,

ich verwende EPGPlus, 1.3 (130418, wx2.9.4), mit meinem DVBViewer Pro 7.1.2.1 unter Windows 10 und bin immer noch begeistert von der Funktion. Es hat mir viele Aufnahmen beschert, die ich sonst vielleicht übersehen hätte.

Jetzt habe ich aber ein Problem bei einer Serie, die am frühen Nachmittag des nächsten Tages wiederholt wird. Diese Wiederholungen wollte ich ausschließen und die Einschränkung "Suche nur im Zeitraum von ... Uhr verwenden". Die Felder für die Eingabe der Uhrzeit sind jedoch nur ein Zeichen breit! Zweistellige Angaben wie 16 Uhr lassen sich nur sehr schwer eingeben bzw. überprüfen.

Viele Grüße

Webturtle