Technotrend Budget/S2-3200

Pfaff_Torben

There was definitely something wrong with th Tp list in GE, so I also substituted it with the one in DVBViewer 3.5 and could scan the 11914 Tp without a glitch :(

There was definitely something wrong with th Tp list in GE

Of course. The standard GE 2.0.1 transponder list contains no modulation settings at all for 11914 H and other DVB-S2 transponders.

However, this work-around won't workaround anymore. :( I've disabled it in version 2.0.1.10 :D so using the Pro transponderlist with the latest GE test is not recommendable, at least not without editing it.

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13815

• 2 weeks later...

I got my S2-3200 and CI module. Unfortunately it is not working with Conax CAM. How could I verify that the CI module is working? In the DVBViewer the CAM menu is grayed. Conax CAM is not working with the TT software either. In the TT CI menu is showing only "waiting" forever. Anyone having 3200 and a Conax CAM? How are the Menus shown in a working system?

• 2 weeks later...

I got a question concerning hardware compatibility of the TT-3200 card. In the DVBShop-forum it is stated that the card needs 5V on the PCI slot and this is not compatible to strictly PCI-2.3 conform systems. On the other hand, as far as I can see, the card has 2 notches in its plug, and thus should only need 3.3V; cards needing 5V should usually have only one notch, so they physically can't be put into a 3.3V-only-slot.

My concern is because my system has the nForce4-SLI chipset, and there seems to be a problem with PCI with thsi chipset (actually its PCI is described as "PCI 2.3 compliant, 5V tolerant" - whatever that could mean). The most infamous board in this respect is the Asus A8N SLi board, where even Skystar2 cards didn't work. Anyway, I don't have this board, but an Abit AN8 SLI (and a card with only one notch could physically be put into it), but I'd feel more comfortable having positive user reports using this card in this MB or at least some other nForce4-SLI MB. Currently I'm using a Hauppauge Nova S+ card without any problems, but as this card also has 2 notches, it probably only needs 3.3V so it is of no relevance for this problem...

Thanks in advance, klaymen

Edited by klaymen
My concern is because my system has the nForce4-SLI chipset,

I have a TT 3200 working with ASUS A8N-SLI Premium without problem .

I can't guarantee for all nForce4-SLI MOBO.

Cheers

Antonio

I have a TT 3200 working with ASUS A8N-SLI Premium without problem .

I can't guarantee for all nForce4-SLI MOBO.

Thanks, that's good to know :tongue: Also, it actually is a 3.3V card, the 5V statement in the other forum was corrected meanwhile, a misunderstanding. So there shouldn't be any problem in this respect (besides the fact it is currently not available of course :bye: )

I can confirm that TT 3200 with CI card is working with TechniSat TechniCAM CX Conax CAM module. However, there seems to be some channel change problems and freezes with scrambled channels. I will post an error report later. TT 3200 is not working with my older original Conax CAM.

Edited by mitsu

Problems with TT 3200 + CI card + TechniSat Conax CAM in an Asus Pundit-R:

When changing channels betwen crypted channels I get this message after a few changes:

DVBViewer.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

With clicking "more information":

AppName: DVBViewer.exe AppVer: 3.5.0.4 ModName: ntdll.dll

ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00018fea

DVBViewer still keeps on working normally. All functions all still available and work flawlessly.

Sometimes the channels start showing only after rebuilding the graph.

Sometimes DVBViewer freezes fully and need to be killeda and computer

restarted.

Support.zip is created after the first Windows error message.

Support2.zip is created after full freeze.

The problem I describe two posts above is now happening also with uncrypted channels.

Anyone else having the same problem. Where does the error message point to? Could

this be specific to my configuration?

DVBViewer.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

That's no DVBViewer message. Windows issues such messages in case of an unhandled exception (= severe error). Since DVBViewer handles all exceptions that occur while executing DVBViewer code (they are written to DVBViewer.log), it is most likely caused by an external module. The error occurs within ntdll.dll, which is one of the basic Windows code libraries and used by almost everything... so it unfortunately comes down to searching a needle in a haystack. I guess some module or dll used by DVBViewer passes bad parameters to a ntdll.dll function, but don't ask me which one...

That's no DVBViewer message. Windows issues such messages in case of an unhandled exception (= severe error). Since DVBViewer handles all exceptions that occur while executing DVBViewer code (they are written to DVBViewer.log), it is most likely caused by an external module. The error occurs within ntdll.dll, which is one of the basic Windows code libraries and used by almost everything... so it unfortunately comes down to searching a needle in a haystack. I guess some module or dll used by DVBViewer passes bad parameters to a ntdll.dll function, but don't ask me which one...

Thanks, Griga. This problem started after changing from Twinhan card to Technotrend card so it must be somehow related to Technotrend. Also Powerstrip behaves a little strange way in my system, with 1920x1080 resolution my system does not wake-up from stand-by. So this problem can be caused by anything. Hopefully this problem disappears with driver updates.

I have another problem with TT S2-3200. It does not wake-up from standby (S3) properly. It does not do anything sensible after wake-up, only loads CPU 50% and back to 0% every few seconds when trying to tune. Recovers only after full computer restart. Nothing to do with DVBViewer, though. Anyone else having the same feature?

Technotrend Budget/S2-3200, is in Germany...and in Italy...

My contribution:

DVBViewer GE works with DVB-S2

without "use only first cpu" (2cpus work 75% with Cyberlink- coreavc crash - the others more than 100%)

without broadcast/netcast plugins

HW: AMD64 X2 3800+ 2GB ram ATI X1600ddr3

Trasponder: Hotbird 11996 V 27500 2/3 8psk

SkysportHD > mpeg2

NextHD CinemaHD NatGeogrHD > H.264

My questions

- How can i save "not use only first cpu" setting? Apply or ok don't save my preference

- How AVIVO (ati h.264 hardware acceleration) codec can be istalled? I can view something like "MPEG ATI" directshow decoder in dvbviewerGE directx option but....don't work with h.264 (6-8_xcode_25179.exe)

- When DVBViewer (not ge) can lock 8psk?

- Multicast server can be activated WITHOUT directx rendering (for better server performance)? I have tried this producing a "pin error ..."

Ciao from Bigboot

P.S.

For better winter performances on HD i must change also my 80 "frying pan"...

Apply or ok don't save my preference

Please explain more detailed. What do you do? What does (not) happen?

How AVIVO (ati h.264 hardware acceleration) codec can be istalled?

Is there an ATI H.264 decoder showing up in the Options -> DirectShow -> H.264 Video Decoder list?

If not, does the RadLight Filter Manager show such a decoder in the DirectShow section?

DVBViewer can only use decoders that are DirectShow filters (.ax or .dll files).

- How can i save "not use only first cpu" setting? Apply or ok don't save my preference

The program is not allowed to close orderly, just guessing: try to manually change the line, to read as follows

FirstCPU=0

in Setup.ini file

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I just bought this amazing card and this fantastic software and would like to know if someone has made the remote works with DVBViewer of course and how ?

Otherway the remote works fine with the crappy soft given with the card.

Thanks for your answers

Sorry but i must be stupid

Cant make it work

Tryed to disable the card but it dont work since it must be done during reboot

same thing when enable it

Are there anything more i can test?

Download devcon. Copy the devcon.exe file to for instance C:\Windows\System32 where windows finds it.

Activate command prompt. Find your card id:

C:\ devcon find *pci*

Somewhere in the listing you will see your Technotrend tuner.

My tuner id is AVSTREAM\PTDVB_SS. In the listing after the id there is a string which is not needed.

Make a bat file (for instance restart.bat) to DVBViewer folder containing:

devcon restart AVSTREAM\PTDVB_SS

Use the device id you saw in the listing earlier.

In the DVB task schedules settings2 add restart.bat in the Start before box.

Time to wait in Millisec need to be adjusted so that the card is restarted before DVBViewer need it.

My delay is 1500 msec.

• 2 years later...

Hello

Its an old thread but maybe someone can use this solution I found, too:

My USB DVB-S2 (TechnoTrend TT-connect S2-3600) did not work after standby.

So i looked for solutions and found this thread and DEVCON.

But for USB the command has to be different.

My solution was :

devcon restart USB\VID_0B48*

(The star seems to restart all connected with the VID of the Device)

I found my device with the command DEVCON *USB* which showed me this for my USB DVB-S2 Device:

USB\VID_0B48&PID_3007\5&35CFA217&0&2 : TechnoTrend TT-connect S2-3600 (BDA)

From there i took the USB\VID_0B48 and put the star at the end.

Now the device and the computer are "switched off" in Hibernating and use around 1 Watt when they are waiting for the nextrecord ;)

One