HDTV smoothly

sinjab

I managed to watch HDTV smoothly with DVBViewer GE and CoreAVC. You need to put Priority to High and Video Renderer to Overlay Mixer in DVBViewer GE. You need to set CoreAVC to Skip all deblocking and to DirectShow deinterlacing. You need to disable hyper-threading from mainboard BIOS setup. That's it. Enjoy!

Warning: Disabling hyper-threading will make your system response very slow when watching HDTV, but will make HDTV smooth.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to add: I have a TT S1500 & a TT 3200 3.0Ghz 1GB RAM 7600GT and get smooth playback of the bbc hd channel using my S1500 power dvd 7 decoders installed from the TT3200 media centre drivers. better performance than coreavc decoder. Could the TT 3200 powerdvd 7 decoders be better optimised for TT cards?

Edited by The One
...Could the TT 3200 powerdvd 7 decoders be better optimised for TT cards?

I can confirm that using the DVBViewer Pro 3.5.0.1 modified to 3.5.0.4 , I prefer the PowerDVD 7 decoders over the CoreAVC decoders.

With the PowerDVD 7 decoders I have a 100% fluent playback and with lower CPU (DXVA - ON) compared to the CoreAVC decoders.

It seems that the PowerDVD 7 decoders are optimized for MPEG4/H264 playback.

My system configuration: P4 3.6GH=>4.15GH, 1 GB RAM, Nvidia 7900GT.

I can confirm that using the DVBViewer Pro 3.5.0.1 modified to 3.5.0.4 , I prefer the PowerDVD 7 decoders over the CoreAVC decoders.

With the PowerDVD 7 decoders I have a 100% fluent playback and with lower CPU (DXVA - ON) compared to the CoreAVC decoders.

It seems that the PowerDVD 7 decoders are optimized for MPEG4/H264 playback.

My system configuration: P4 3.6GH=>4.15GH, 1 GB RAM, Nvidia 7900GT.

Rittberg, I see you have a 7900GT. Can you use VMR9 and Powerdvd7 codec with DXVA ON without any problems in DVBViewer? I have a 7600GT which is affected by the nvidia bug (occurs when watching interlaced content) so I'm thinking of getting a 7900T.

Another question, could you please try and play this clip in DVBViewer with Powerdvd7 codec and DXVA ON and see if it's perfectly smooth? I can have DXVA turned on when watching 1080p trailers etc but not when watching this one that I recorded during the world cup (it's h.264 at an extreme bitrate of 20.4mbit), my 7600GT can't cope with it and I get stuttering although cpu usage is just around 30-40%. With DXVA turned off it works fine but with cpu usage at around 80-90% on my AMD X2@2400Mhz.

Thanks in advance if you have time to try this ;)

blackburn_,

VMR9 and Powerdvd7 codec with DXVA ON - NO GO.

VMR9 with CoreAVC or Moonlight H.264 - OK

I DL the clip and the playback is perfectly/100% smooth. CPU @ 35-50%

Thanks for testing! Do you mean no go as in affected by the bug that makes the picture appear only in the top 1/4 of the picture? Or no picture at all?

Yes , > the picture appear only in the top 1/4 of the picture <

Probably the 3200 owners should post their system specs, and how hdtv works on their system.

For me (Update)

Pentium 4 3ghz@3,15 HT on

MSI Nvidia 7900GT PCI-E

1GB RAM

DXVA ON

With the TT mediacenter ProSiebenHD and Sat1HD it is now smooth, cpu at 30-50%.

My old X1600XT doesn´t do the job very well. 90% and not smooth.

Edited by Oliver B
  • 3 weeks later...

for Me

(updated yesterday)

Pentium 4 3.2Ghz OC'd to 3.6Ghz

Ati Radeon 9700 pro

1GB ram

DXVA on

most euro channels work well with the Cyberlink codec !! (more succesful for me than Core AVC)

SMD HD on astra 19.2 holds my CPU at around 30% 1920X544 according to cyberlink info screen, but DVBViewer reports it as 1920 X 1088 however the Astra test runs at an unknown res (reported as 1920 X 1088 by DVB) and runs my CPU at 100% which is fine for a few minutes until my CPU finally reaches 80degrees and then it starts making it self go slower and so the video stops being smooth !!!

BBC HD on astra 28.2 however is difficult to decode properly coreAVC seems to do the best job

Edited by ice coffee