Automatic Task Scheduling

Olie4

First of all... Great software!

My question: when I use the task Scheduler the first upcoming task is not automatically checked when I go in standby (using my remote). So now I have to check the task manually before going into Standby mode. Is there a way to fix this or am I doing something wrong.

Oliver

Netherlands

Have you set the Option "use windows taskmanager" inside the DVBViewer Options??

yes I Have... Also another thing. Last night I planned a recording but it only recorded half of the program.

The other thing is not a problem with the task scheduler.

How do you use the scheduler? do you start him manually (taskbar icon visible)?

Any errors inside DVBViewer.log??

You're right, I'm so sorry. Here is more information about my system:

Motherboard: MSI 865PE Neo2-V with S3 hibernate

Processor: P4 3 GHZ

Sound: Onboard SPDIF

Graphical Card: Ati Radeon 9550

Tunercard: Twinhan DVB-C CI 2033 Mantis

Qam: Alphacrypt 3.8 with smartcard

DVBViewer version: 3.5.0.1

Remote: MCE remote with Girder 3.3.8

Additional information:

- Task Scheduler is automatically started trough a shortcut within the start up folder of Windows. The Scheduler icon is visible in the system tray.

- DVBViewer is also automatically started.

Problems (while i'm busy, I'm also going to mention the other issue I have):

- The checkbox in the Task Scheduler of the upcoming recording isn't automatically checked (must be done manually). Therefore the show isn't recorded.

- When I manually check the checkbox within the Tasks of the Task Scheduler, the show isn't recorded completely. Most of the time only half of the show is recorded or nothing at all.

Note: When I manually wake up the computer (by remote) there is no problem at all.

The recording problem only happens when the Task Scheduler wakes up from Standby automatically. I've tested this and the thing I noticed is that the DVBViewer isn't starting. I think the task scheduler is waiting for windows to end something (maybe yellow networkcard connection and speed messages from system tray in windows?), only after I move the mouse DVBViewer starts.

I hope this is enough information and you have any clue what is going on. I personally think it's not one specific problem.

I Also added a support.zip file as you can see.

Regards

support.zip

Edited by Olie4

delete the autostart entry to the task scheduler. You dont need it, if you have checked the Option "Use Windows Taskplaner" inside the DVBViewer. The DVBViewer automatically starts the Scheduler, if he need him.

I think the scheduling is working OK now the Sheduler isn't in the startup folder from Windows(I think its somewhat too soon to tell)

But now DVBViewer won't automatically start when the computer resumes from standby mode.

Do I have to disable the Windows Scheduler from within DVBViewer and use the standalone version again to have that functionality?

• 2 weeks later...
But now DVBViewer won't automatically start when the computer resumes from standby mode.

Exactly my problem with hibernated PC. DVBV 3.5.0 and Scheduler 2.0.0.0.

With the 3.2.6 and all betas the DVBV closed before hibernation and started after. Now it doesn´t start anymore.