Webserver problems

I have been playing with DVBViewer now for about 1,5 months, but I still don't know all yet ;)

And haven't found answer for these questions. I have tried.

In server (Athlon 1400/512M) I have Technisat Airstar 2 card and DVBViewer 3.5 (.0.1 I guess).

Client is Sempron 3000+/1G. They are connected through 100M hub and/or 54M wlan. Both computers are running Xp Pro with Media Player 10. I have also installed in both computers Sonic and Dscaler codecs.

And yes, registered Asf.

First I had installed Webserver 1.0.something. Everything else was fine but streaming. Neither of codecs wouldn't work.

Then I installed older version 0.9.5.15, and I got some picture. It is very jumpy but still something.

Now I have newest 1.0.1.0 version but still, it's poor. What should I have more? It seems to play the show but then it stops and starts to reload buffer again. And changing buffer time doesn't help. Which codecs do you guys use? Is it codecs, Media Player or what? I also changed card to faster computer so speed shouldn't be the problem. There is supporttool.zip included.

Does someone have webstreaming working fine? (Gibman I guess.) If it is so, I have still something to believe.

Good ideas are very welcome!

-Kim-

support.zip

Edited by Kim Weiss

I used the webserver streaming to watch a complete world cup game over the net. So on my HTPC I can say it works fine.

But your server is definitely too slow. You need a faster cpu, minimum requirement is around 2 GHz (I also tested it with an AMD 2400+). And you have to tune a channel with DVBViewer and after that, you have to disable a/v to lower the cpu usage on the system.

Thanks Benson, I need to try faster cpu. And other tips also. I will report you what kind of results I get.

Still, I've tried Netstream with Vlc player and it seems to work ok. Still it's too complicated for everyday use. What's the difference between these two?

And... How should I disable a/v?

-Kim-

Edited by Kim Weiss