Configuring the remote

Exel

So I bought the Technisat Cablestar 2 and DVBViewer Pro. All well after the clumsyness of initial tweaking. One thing still not right though. I have trouble configuring the remote control to work properly with the program. Basic functions like channel selecting (numbers) and volume control work as they should, but pretty much everything else is messed up. Trying to change the control assignments from the Options -> Input doesn't work for most keys. For some keys there is no response (eg. the Power button) and others make random commands (eg. the txt button being recognized as keyboard key 'T'). The remote control is TTS35AI.

I can't read German so the German forums that are supposed to have instructions for this are of no use. Couldn't find any proper documentation from Technisat either. So please help a noob to set things right.

Perhaps the language translation file you use is old (like most of them):

try to set DVBViewer in "english", restart and reprogram the messed keys...

:(

Doesn't help. I'm running it in English (only subtitles and teletext are in non-English). Some buttons on the remote don't respond at all, some work with their default function but don't respond on "Learn" and others work as keyboard keys. In case of the latter there are many duplicate keys on the remote in effect reducing the number of programmable keys.

At this point I'm seriously considering a fully programmable 3rd party remote, but does DVBViewer work with them?

If you have a USB remote receiver I can't help you, I haven't...

...but if you've got the serial one, maybe you can try to change the WinLIRC remote config file, that's responsable of the right interpretation of remote keys...

You can get the last WinLIRC conf file for TTS35AI remote here: right click on me and select save as: TTS35AI.conf

After the installation of the new .conf file, you can test it by pressing all the remote keys and looking if the WinLIRC taskbar icon goes green...

:bye: