New Skin :)

hackbart

Hi,

the next update will come with a new official skin, produced by rago and me :bye:

This is a sneak preview of the way how it will look (and for out 56k modem users, don't panic the size of the skin wont be bigger than 500kb).

sneak1.jpg sneak2.jpg sneak5.jpg

Christian

• Thanks 1

ohhh jeaaa! das sieht doch mal richtig geil aus!!!

freu mich schon aufs release :bye:

sieht so aus, als würde das mein lieblingsskin werden...

jungs, ihr seid echt klasse alle ! :(

edit: wann is denn mit dem release zu rechnen?

Edited by marcus3006

Depends on, right now almost every page is finished. Anyway i miss some graphics which will be done by rago first. Till then i just borrowed several placeholder images from the xbox skin. Also the myMiniEPG and duration window is not finished. Once i got the design informations, it would not take more than a few hours. By the way, the skin is trimmed to be slim <500kb graphics - since i plan to use it as default skin. I realized that some journalists often conceal the fact that there are a few cool skins available, so i try to avoid bad press.

sample.jpg

Christian

Very nice skin (it seem to me that Rago is a professional designer), but IMO too "nocturne" to be a default skin...

If I can suggest, my opinion is to simply change the palette for a light metallic one, e.g. aluminium, or maybe bronze, or copper...

:bye:

i tried to use less images, so it should not be slower than the old default skin.

Christian

Well not at the moment. Anyway it wont be that complicated to rearrange the windows - therefore i heavily drilled the skin editor from Lars :bye:

Christian

• 3 weeks later...

Just a small progress update :(

The skin is almost complete, so i think we might publish it in the beta section within the next days.

sample1.jpgsample2.jpgsample3.jpg

Christian

I'm happy to announce the first beta of the new skin. Feel free to drop comments, hints and wishes :)

I suppose we will publish some simple photoshop/paintshoppro files to offer a skin which easy to modify (e.g. sample.jpg)

just DL'ed it unpacked it.

DVBViewer doesnt seem to be able to select the skin.

It is not avail. in the OSD skin selection section.

This is the path : C:\Programmer\DVBViewer\OSDSkins\NewDef

btw. I would luv to do a 16:9 conversion if I didnt have problems with 16:9 osd and vmr9 on a ATI card.

Gibman

btw. I would luv to do a 16:9 conversion if I didnt have problems with 16:9 osd and vmr9 on a ATI card.

Gibman

Same problem for me. The skin doesn't appear in the list of OSD skins.

try to copy all files over a copied "older" osd-skin-folder

although not every thing seems to be already done (some numbers appear in stead of the words like "add to playlist"), the skin looks more than great :)

Edited by admi-ral
try to copy all files over a copied "older" osd-skin-folder

What effect should this have ?

I tried that, same problem.

Also tried to remove all other skins except for the new skin - now the list is just empty.

/Gibman

I've uploaded a new zip with the missing language files. Anyway please make sure that the skin is located under OSDSkins\NewDef.

Christian

When I use the osd skin editor and try to open the skin I get the error:

"this is not a valid skin project"

I then re-downloaded the ZIP archive here to day, now it works in dvbV and in the skin editor.

Weird ??

/Gibman

Same here. The skin does not appear in the list.

I've just unpacked it to X:\DVBViewer\OSDSkins\Newdef.

Then I've replaced the files with the original ones in the DVBViewer Folder.

Again nothing changes, the skin does not appear in the skin list.

Any ideas?

Did u try the new archive from today ?

This did the trick for me.

Remeber to place the language files in the respective language folder ...doh!

/Gibman

Excellent work rago & hackbart.

But I have a little problem with the mini-EPG in window-mode. The start time isn't rendered correctly. There are only some points instead of the minutes.

post-9205-1156972283_thumb.jpg

(I resized the screenshot to save space, original window size was around 7xx px * 5xx px.)

Edited by Benson

OSD-Timer

>Edit Timer

>>Weekly repeating timer are inverted:

i record CSI every wednesday, but the check-marks are set on all other days except wednesdays. just an optical issue :)

Hi,

after completely deleting the folders language and OSDSkin it works :)

My comment:

The skin is great, but one thing has to be changed in my eyes.

After selecting "Channels" in the menu the channellist appears.

But it isn't transparent. Now I can see the the stream in the upper right

corner, but not behind the complete window.

In the default OSDSkin it is transparent and I would love to have that in this skin too,

because that little window in the upper right corner is to small to see anything.

I hope you've understand what I mean, my english isn't the best.

Edited by Nickelback

Extract only the lng file in the existing language folder, then copy the folder of the old default skin, give it a different name and extract the files of the new default skin into it. Now you'll can use it.

@Benson: This is simple, open the skin with the skineditor and resize the labels for the time. I now changed it from 60 Pixels to 90 Pixels which should work fine with your display.

@admi-ral: you are right i fix this asap :)

@Nickelback: I suppose you mean this:

newskingx5.th.jpg

Well this is wanted by us. The idea is to show as much information on a TV as possible without causing too much headache :( But you can easily edit the display if you want it in an other design.

Christian

@hackbart: Sorry, wenn ich es jetzt in deutsch erkläre, aber dann weißt du was gemeint ist:

Im folgenden Bild kann ich die Kanäle auswählen und gleichzeitig

läuft im Hintergrund noch das aktuelle Programm, bzw das neu ausgewählte Programm. Im neuen Skin kann ich das ausgewählte Programm nur in einem kleinen Fenster rechts oben sehen und nicht als kompletten Hintergrund während dem wechseln der Kanäle.

Ein kleines Beispiel:

Hier mit dem alten Skin. Wie zu sehen ist im kompletten Hintergrund der Richter zu sehen.

Snap2b12.jpg

Mit dem neuen Skin ist das Bild nicht wie auf dem vorigen Screenshot als kompletter Hintergrund sichtbar sondern nur in dem kleinen Fenster rechts oben.

Snap11d0.jpg

Leider ist das Fenster rechts oben so klein, dass ich fast nichts erkennen kann. Deswegen würde ich persönlich mir wünschen dass der ausgewählte Sender als kompletter Hintergrund (wie im ersten Bild) hinter den Sendern zu sehen ist.

Ist dies umsetzbar?

Vielen Dank.

Sorry, for speeking german , but I think that's the only way to explain what I mean.

Edited by Nickelback

@Nickelback: This would not fit into the design concept, but you can easily solve this on your own. Open the skin with the skinner and remove the background and the videowindow. Anyway it would not look that nicely and you should also change the background image for the entries. The skinner is not really complicated and you can not really destroy something.

Christian

thanks hackbart. I think you ment me and not saint.

But where can I find the tool "skinner" ?

The only one I can find is "GUI Skin Compiler" but I think that's the wrong tool.