New Skin :)

hackbart

Does it working also with several audio channels like DD 5.1 and DD 2.0 or are the colour changes statically?

No, it's like the uncolored one. DVBViewer internally knows DD2.0 and DD5.1 form AC3, but to the OSD like to the hole Frontend only the fact if it is AC3 or Mono/Stereo is forwarded.

Cheereo

NeDrY

It's not possible to make a color for 2.1 and one for 5.1 because the DVBViewer just sets enabled/disabled. I've done the color changes for my self and along with many ohter enhancements like the OSD-Sleeptimer-Page for this fine Skin. Maybe I post some Screenshots later...

Cheereo

NeDrY

this is the answer of your question on the page before

this is the answer of your question on the page before

is ist DD 2.0 or DD 2.1 when the AC3 "button" in the statusbar shines blue??

It doesn't matter, the OSD just displays that the current Audio-Stream should be an AC3-Stream, for channel count look into AC3Filter Input.

If it is very important to you, I think it is possible to code a Script that reads the Audio-Mode from the Method DVBViewer.Audiomode and set the OSD the kind you like. But that is a little work :excl:

Cheereo

NeDrY

There is a problem! I haven't many experience with scripting and with the scripts whitch are including in the frosch's OSD skin, doesn't working. I copy the scripts in the scripts folder and call up DVBViewer, but nothing happens. What I make false? :excl:

Edit: I can start the DVBViewer but what's about the scripts. Does I have to activate them or what's about that? Also, I downloaded the COM help file, but i have no idea to get up this?

Edited by Filico
There is a problem! I haven't many experience with scripting and with the scripts whitch are including in the frosch's OSD skin, doesn't working. I copy the scripts in the scripts folder and call up DVBViewer, but nothing happens. What I make false? :blink:

Edit: I can start the DVBViewer but what's about the scripts. Does I have to activate them or what's about that? Also, I downloaded the COM help file, but i have no idea to get up this?

Yes, you have to activate the Script-Engine in the DVBViewer-Options, you find it at the bottom. Then you can play around with the scripts from Frosch and insert something like this at the start:

DVBViewer.OSD.ShowYesNo "Testing","","","Format Brain?",true

If you get this Dialog when the specific Event is called (e.g. startrecording) then you are on the right way :excl:

Cheereo

NeDrY

Hi,

the next update will come with a new official skin, produced by rago and me :excl:

This is a sneak preview of the way how it will look (and for out 56k modem users, don't panic the size of the skin wont be bigger than 500kb).

post-1-1154549010_thumb.jpg post-1-1154549020_thumb.jpg post-1-1154549206_thumb.jpg

Christian

Ooh, pretty and sexy! When is the next release? Estimate is OK.
I have activate it, but nothings happens, no dialog, etc. :)

Edit: Here is my support.zip

Try to put this line into the channelchange.vbs (in the User-Apps-Folder DVBViewer Pro):

sub main(aID)

propsetvalue "#Media.short", ""

propsetvalue "#Media.Musictitle", ""

propsetvalue "#Media.artist", ""

propsetvalue "#Media.album", ""

propsetvalue "#Media.track", ""

propsetvalue "#Media.genre", ""

propsetvalue "#Media.year", ""

OSD.ShowInfo "Test","","Test Page",10,"OK"

end sub

After Activating the the Scriptengine the Test Window will be shown after every Channel Change. If this is working you can go further on...

Cheereo

NeDrY

Edited by NeDrY

Thx for your help NeDry, but I have probably found my problem. I have customized my WinXP CD with nLite and shortly after installed. Thereby, I deleted a component of WinXP (VBS), which is the cause of my problem. Now, I have to reinstall WinXP in order to look if it's working. :)

Hi,

i love the skin. Thx a lot. But i have the problem that the whole picture is cut off at the bottom. I have a black bar at the top and the tv picture is displaced. I can correct this with the zoom options but the osd is still too low. Any idea? I have a 16:9 TV with a 848*480 resolution.

Regards,

Astray

I've tried the new OSD skin and liked it very much

:)

but I think I've found a bug. The problem can be seen when viewing a 16:9 channel. I don't think the display aspect ratio matters but mine is 4:3 and it looks pretty bad. The OSD position is incorrect.

NewOSD_widescreen_problem.jpg

This only affects the MainMenu, Clock (the position is not in the top right corner of the display, but in the top right corner of a 4:3 frame inside the 16:9 video) and the "Info window" (the one that's shown when pressing "Enter"). All other windows are shown correctly.

well while writing this post I decided to try other MPEG2 decoders and found out that this behaviour affects only NVidia Video Decoder !?!?!? is this a try for somekind of workaround for the DXVA bug (1/4 screen) that happens on NVidia cards???

Edited by pankov
  • 2 weeks later...

The new OSD-Skin looks awesome.

Some things looking ugly to me:

1) The already mentioned program-preview window in the top right corner in most of the skins is just too small. Let it grow a bit.

2) What about putting the clock into the design-concept? ;-) Maybe an analog clock will look nice in the top middle of the screen (e.g. Windows Vista-Style-like ... rrrrRRRRRR >_< )

keep going ...

The new OSD-Skin looks awesome.

Some things looking ugly to me:

1) The already mentioned program-preview window in the top right corner in most of the skins is just too small. Let it grow a bit.

2) What about putting the clock into the design-concept? ;-) Maybe an analog clock will look nice in the top middle of the screen (e.g. Windows Vista-Style-like ... rrrrRRRRRR ;) )

keep going ...

Hi,

I've implemented your Proposals some Weeks ago for my Machine:

1) I deleted the small Video-Window and put the Video into the hole Background. I made that not only because I like it better and can't see anything in the small window, but more for Performance Issues. Everytime the Video is in a Window (no matter what size) the Menu-Handling get's ugly slow on my Machine (P4 2400C,GeForce 6600GT), best seen when viewing an EPG-Screen and scroll four Stations down. I can than wait 1-2 Seconds until the Scrolling is done. When having the Video Fullscreen the Scrolling appears instantly. It's a big laaag, and therefore I made the Changes:

DVBViewer_Skin_NeDrY1.jpgDVBViewer_Skin_NeDrY2.jpg

Note: I modified the Background.png to have more Transparency in the middle Area so I can see the TV Picture in the Background of the OSD Content.

2) The Clock looks like the Mute-Logo now, I added the semi-transparent Panel behind it. Have a look here:

DVBViewer_Skin_NeDrY0.jpg

If you want to use it, just overwrite the myClock.xml with mine and copy the clock_panel.png into the NewDef/images Folder:

As I pointed out in the new Skin-Thread (Skin-Thread) I maybe will release a Package with all my Changes, that are not taken into Account for the official Skin-Release. But first let's wait for the Final as Rago made great Improvements since the latest Version in the Download Area... >_<

Cheereo

NeDrY

does it work with the Overlay Mixer, or only with VMR?

The Clock Panel works in all Modes but Transparency only works with VMR7/9 (but looks damn cool ;) ). If you want to use the Overlay Mixer maybe you can try the this Mod where the Background is cut off at the OSD-Content Area:

BTLT1.jpg

You can find it on Page 4 of this Thread but I don't like it much because the OSD-Content is hard to read because it is 100% transparent at that Area. That was the Reason for me to work on that >_<

Cheereo

NeDrY

Hi,

I've implemented your Proposals some Weeks ago for my Machine:

1) I deleted the small Video-Window and put the Video into the hole Background. I made that not only because I like it better and can't see anything in the small window, but more for Performance Issues. Everytime the Video is in a Window (no matter what size) the Menu-Handling get's ugly slow on my Machine (P4 2400C,GeForce 6600GT), best seen when viewing an EPG-Screen and scroll four Stations down. I can than wait 1-2 Seconds until the Scrolling is done. When having the Video Fullscreen the Scrolling appears instantly. It's a big laaag, and therefore I made the Changes:

DVBViewer_Skin_NeDrY1.jpgDVBViewer_Skin_NeDrY2.jpg

Note: I modified the Background.png to have more Transparency in the middle Area so I can see the TV Picture in the Background of the OSD Content.

2) The Clock looks like the Mute-Logo now, I added the semi-transparent Panel behind it. Have a look here:

DVBViewer_Skin_NeDrY0.jpg

If you want to use it, just overwrite the myClock.xml with mine and copy the clock_panel.png into the NewDef/images Folder:

As I pointed out in the new Skin-Thread (Skin-Thread) I maybe will release a Package with all my Changes, that are not taken into Account for the official Skin-Release. But first let's wait for the Final as Rago made great Improvements since the latest Version in the Download Area... ;)

Cheereo

NeDrY

Well. Ok. I am quite honored that actually someone deems my ideas and designs good enough for an own modification. I thought about the background for the clock. It was left out because when you turn on the clock and it is shown in the video screen, it should not be taking too much space and not covering something that is important. In other words, there should be a clock but you do not want it to disturb your attention. I think i will make a black background with some gradient for this purpose. This will look good and very decent.

Now. The Preview Window. This thing is quite terrible. I will try to find a suitable solution for this problem. I am going to try your solution but i think it is a problem when you try to read something and the background is constantly moving. I feel like some politician, always looking for a compromise.

PS: I already updated the MiniEPG Screen again. Some Screenshot soon to come.

Edited by rago

There is something funny with recording indication in Timeline view.

In the screenshot "Timeline" I have programmed recordings of "Pako" on "MTV3 D" channel and "Sopranos" on "Nelonen D" channel. Both starting at 21:00. I have not programmed recording of "Kymmene..." after "Pako" on MTV3 D. This can be reproduced. If I change order of programming, i.e. first Sopranos and then Pako, I can see red circle on Sopranos but not on Pako.

I have one DVB-C card (Twinhan CAB-CI 2031) and both channels are on the same mux and unencrypted.

Attached images of Timeline and Timer views. Timer view confirms that recordings are actually like they are meant to be.

post-19037-1160492686_thumb.jpg post-19037-1160492701_thumb.jpg

I've uploaded a new version of Rago's work. I think there are no real features missing anymore, but feel free to post more comments..

By the way i fixed also a few smaller misbehaviours of the gui skin engine which caused some display problems (the video window was not positioned correctly while switching between fullscreen and windowed mode). After further tests, i will upload a beta binary tomorrow or on saturday.

Christian

PS: There will be a new OSD game i loved when i was young (Xonix)

Wow, fantastic! It looks real great, especial, the additional symbols in the mini-EPG! What shoud i say? :)

Keep it up!

Edited by Filico
Guest Lars_MQ
I have not programmed recording of "Kymmene..." after "Pako" on MTV3 D.

Hmm how long is the pre and post recording time? maybe the calculation is a little bit well generous for the timeline display.

The timer (or record) window (OSD or real window) is the one which tells the truth. B)

And for the timeline, I'll have a look at it, maybe I missed something when changing the collision detection with multiple devices... It's definetly not a problem of ragos great skin. :)

Hey, i just tried the ney osd-skin an i like it very much.

But i found 2 bugs:

IN the Mini-EPG there is no Space between the Starttime and The Title of the listed Data. I added 5 to the startposition of the title of each in the miniepg configfile. maybe you can do this also in the downloadable one.

The Second Bug deals with the Clock inn the upper right corner. THe Border is too small, so the Secconds are replaced by Points...

ANd One Question in general: Is There a Way to increase the general FontSize without searching every single value in the configs?

"youre so called bugs"

i did not change anything after copying the downloaded files and this error/bug occured... i changed the conifgs because of the bugs, the font is still in default size...

Hmm how long is the pre and post recording time? maybe the calculation is a little bit well generous for the timeline display.

The timer (or record) window (OSD or real window) is the one which tells the truth. o:)

And for the timeline, I'll have a look at it, maybe I missed something when changing the collision detection with multiple devices... It's definetly not a problem of ragos great skin. :)

Yeah, it is definitely not a big problem since timer window confirms that scheduling is ok. And of course I was able to watch both recordings B)

Pre recording time in this case was 0 and post recording time 5 minutes.

Neben den bereits genannten "neuen" kleinen Fehlern (Bugs sind es ja nicht :)) zeigt auch der FritzBox-Anrufmonitor nicht mehr korrekt an (DVBViewer-Plugin).

Statt der Einblendung über die gesamte Breite des Bildschirms kommt nur noch eine kleine Box, in der die Informationen natürlich keinen Platz mehr haben.

Dies (und die letzten im Thread genannten Punkte) gingen bereits mit der letzten Version des Skins. Am Anrufmonitor liegt es nicht.

Bevor ich großartig suche weiß vielleicht jemand bereits, was für die Anzeige verändert werden muß.

Edited by uglyrooster

Falls es noch jemanden sonst interessiert:

Das NewDef-OSD hat früher für Aspect-Ratio und den Anrufermonitor die Bilddatei "bar.png" genutzt.

Dies wurde jetzt geändert, über die videoinfo.xml wird "video_aspect.png" aufgerufen.

Dieses Bild ist zu klein definiert, so dass weder Aspect richtig angezeigt werden (siehe einige Posts zuvor) noch der Anrufermonitor.

Der Einfachheit halber habe ich die alte videoinfo.xml wieder genutzt und es gibt kein Problem mehr.

Falls es noch jemanden sonst interessiert:

Das NewDef-OSD hat früher für Aspect-Ratio und den Anrufermonitor die Bilddatei "bar.png" genutzt.

Dies wurde jetzt geändert, über die videoinfo.xml wird "video_aspect.png" aufgerufen.

Dieses Bild ist zu klein definiert, so dass weder Aspect richtig angezeigt werden (siehe einige Posts zuvor) noch der Anrufermonitor.

Der Einfachheit halber habe ich die alte videoinfo.xml wieder genutzt und es gibt kein Problem mehr.

Das ist jetzt auch in der offiziellen Version wieder rückgängig gemacht worden.

I released a new gui skin that looks very good in combination with the new osd skin. It is no official pair but you can use it like that. A screenshot of the new gui skin can be found here: Black Fusion 1.0

I like the new osd skin very much, but I was wondering if it's possible to add and OSD for the Audio Balance (Left/Right/Center)?

There are a few dual-audio channels here and it would be nice to have some sort of OSD when switching them. To do things some more complicated it will be best if such channels changed the OSD message from Left/Right to something like Dual I / Dual II or something similar

I would aprreciate if the New OSD would be in two versions. One for 4:3 screens and one for 16:9 screens.

I wonder why the standard still is 4:3. No one has this proportioned HDMI Screen.

The effect is remarkable. When viewing digital pictures (4:3 from digital camara) with DVBViewer on a 16:9 screen the picture is stretched to 16:9 if the OSD skin is 4:3. If the OSD skin is 16:9 the picture proportions remain correct. So please, do not create more OSD-Skins with 4:3, they are useless for htpc-applications. Please create the new OSD in 16:9.

Thanks

Jimmy

well, the skin is still in the works. If you want to rearrange the display (which is not that big deal, if you use the OSD Skinner), in order to create a 16:9 skin, you are heavily welcome :)

Cheers

Christian

well, the skin is still in the works. If you want to rearrange the display (which is not that big deal, if you use the OSD Skinner), in order to create a 16:9 skin, you are heavily welcome :)

Cheers

Christian

Thx for the flowers ;)

Unfortunately there is no documentation for the OSD-Skinner, so the rearranging is far beyond my abilities. I do not even understand the concept of communication between OSD-Skin and DVB-Application.

New skin really gives DVBViewer a pro look, great work! Commercial set-top-boxes won't get even close :)

One request, could you take care of this problem which occurs when you enter menu->htpchome->mymovies and select listview. After that you can't get below to the filelist with just arrow down from remote. You have to go down, right, right to get to select a file to playback.

This window works correctly if view is set to "small icons" or "large icons", then just one down press gets you to files. However, listview is the most informative one... Maybe even the default selection could be the first file in directory and not the view type?

thanks, i suppose there is a small bug in the ControlUp/ControlDown/ControlLeft/ControlRight properties. It's quite simple to change the behaviour. If you are interested in, you can change it easily with the OSDSkinner. I just played with the remote control and did not figured out something weird, but i suppose the reason for this is that a programmer intuitively bypasses possible problems while testing :)

By the way i embedded a new small game inside the osd, called sudoku. I really felt in love with those riddles, two weeks ago in austria ;) It is quite usefull to skip commercial breaks with brain exerts.

Christian

Thanks for the tip, I'll test OSDSkinner today ;)

By the way i embedded a new small game inside the osd, called sudoku. I really felt in love with those riddles, two weeks ago in austria :) It is quite usefull to skip commercial breaks with brain exerts.

This is excellent, now its even easier to 'sell' htpc as a set-top-box for the whole family :bye: They always want to use the basic humax but sudoku fans could now choose otherwise!