CoreAVC Issue Solved?

Griga

The CoreAVC H.264 decoder is very fast, even without hardware acceleration, and in general recommendable.

Unfortunately version 1.1 (and later?) tend to deadlock on DVBViewer state transitions, particularly from stop to run, as it happens on a H.264 -> H.264 channel change, or when playing a H.264 file and using the control bar slider. DVBViewer freezes in this case.

However, I think I've found a reliable work-around, a CoreAVC-specific adjustment in the DVBViewer Filter. I've uploaded a test version 2.8.0.2 to the members area, beta section. Just replace the file PushSource.ax in the DVBViewer\Filters folder. To make sure that it will be really used, register it by executing the included Register_DVBSource.bat.

The work-around only takes effect when the CoreAVC is connected to the DVBViewer Filter, so everything else should work normally. There is still a little drawback with the CoreAVC, resulting from the work-around: When playing H.264 files, run -> pause -> run transitions are not as smooth as they are supposed to be, because the DVBViewer Filter now drops data in this case. But I think that's acceptable - at least much better than a crash. :bye:

So please try, and report here whether it does the trick on your computer or not...

@dirkv: If you happen to read this - remove the previous SlowChannelSwitching work-around from your setup.ini!

@dirkv: If you happen to read this - remove the previous SlowChannelSwitching work-around from your setup.ini!

Yep, works perfectly. I zapped between the HDTV channels as fast as i could (removed the old .ini setting of course first) . Very stable, no crashes or anything else. Nice work. :-D

dirk

Smiley seem to be broken here....oh well :-)

...I still have problems with the color palette on LuxeTV (HB13°) completely out of range, and this if I use the DirectX De-interlace option in the CoreAVC panel...so I've to use the "no-deinterlace" option or softdeinterlaces that of course are less effective :(

P4 at 3,2Ghz,WinXp SP2, 1GBRamDDR2, and Nvidia 7800GT256MBram

...anyway, in no-deintrlace and DirectxDeinterlace modes, the FPS is decent and the CPU is at 65-70% (with the HTreading on)...

So please try, and report here whether it does the trick on your computer or not...

Hi, report much improved reception of BBC HD Trial broadcast. Some loss of audio/video sync and just occasional crashes on changes between HD channels.

• 3 weeks later...
...I still have problems with the color palette on LuxeTV (HB13°) completely out of range, and this if I use the DirectX De-interlace option in the CoreAVC panel...so I've to use the "no-deinterlace" option or softdeinterlaces that of course are less effective :bye:

P4 at 3,2Ghz,WinXp SP2, 1GBRamDDR2, and Nvidia 7800GT256MBram

...anyway, in no-deintrlace and DirectxDeinterlace modes, the FPS is decent and the CPU is at 65-70% (with the HTreading on)...

hi,

Try Nvidia driver 84.43 other newer versions includig the one released today (1st Sept) have a problem with CoreAVC and DirectX de-interlacing. Hope this helps.

Avtar