Record MHEG stream ? Is there any plugin ?

I just bought DVBViewer. It works great with my Nova-T card.

In my country there is a network broadcasting unencrypted free-to-air MHEG streams as a MHP activated service that mimics an additional channel which I can watch using a standalone DVB-T decoder on my Tv set. What I'd like to know is if there is any plugin to record those streams for DVBViewer. On the network mux there are some streams that both DVBViewer and Hauppauge WinTV applications just can't decode, they seem to have no data being streamed at all. I thought those were the ones but it seems they are not.

Any help ?

• 4 months later...

WingZero i have just found this, after learning that, MHEG-5 is available to interact with.

Reference with further links at bottom of each page MHEG and MHP.

Better to have a plugin for your Nova-T, so that you can interactivly use MHEG and MHP.

Edited by Dvb-tv

There is the MHP Carousel Plugin (Members Section) to collecting the MHP data but it did not work with current DVBViewer Versions.

But if you like to Test it you have to install a older Version (3.2.6 Members Section) in a separate folder but after the test you must register the PushSource.ax [regsvr32 PushSource.ax] from the current DVBViewer Version so that t works again correct.

But do not expect to much as far as i know no one was able to set up a relay working system.

To display the Data you need OpenMHP.

Thanks i'll give that one a miss by the sounds of it.

Someday DVBViewer will have it built in i hope. In the uk i know of only one tv application that supports this. You either have to buy their tv device to use it, or pay a sack load of money each year for it.

This does not help for all digital tv devices, that are able to receive MHEG-5 services. Having no viewer to view them and to interact with them. If DVBViewer filled this gap for us, it would generate a lot of new customers for DVBViewer.

Notes.. Someone else reading this may know the answers.

- I'm not sure if MHP is receivable on all digital tv pc devices, as 100% possible is MHEG-5.

- Isn't it that MHEG-5 and the MHP services are available in most, if not all digital tv countries.

Edited by Dvb-tv